Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trade : Shump to Denver

Trade Icon Trade : Shump to Denver

i hope this is not for real

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

i will only agree for trading STAT

"Iman Shumpert is averaging 10.8 point per game and garners plenty of interest from teams around the league, but doesn’t appear to be a favorite of the Knicks."

what?

He's one of the reasons i still watch the Knicks.

[QUOTE=bigapple;277250]i hope this is not for real

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

JR doesn't play D.

@bigapple: you do it once again and I swear to God I'll ****ing sue you for punitive damages. Shumpert is not being traded, right now it's only Isola (a very unreliable source BTW) talking BS to get him some more hits. Of course, trading Shumpert for Faried would solve a lot of our problems as Faried, who plays at the four, is a solid defender (compared to Amare or Bargnani) and a great rebounder, but I don't like the idea of trading the fans favorite, especially considering Shump's commitment to this organization.

last season it was same talk now again
    i dont wana any trade with Denved last time it was 5 players for 1

Veteran

Didn't a lot of guys around here want Faried rather than Shump. I would rather trade JR than Shump but it could happen, he's got a history of knee injury problems going back to college, the Knicks might want to sell high with the JR and Timmy playing the same position and we need more help in the front court than at the wing.

It would kill me if we gave up Shump. He's untouchable, a knick for life, our future....

Superstar

In the last game against the Bobcats Shumpert played 30 plus minutes. He took three shots. Felton took 17, Bargnani, 25 and Melo, 22. Shumpert is not a bashful shooter by nature. He must have been instructed to feed the others. I think that Woodson overrates Felton and J.R. I believe he is limiting Shumpert's development.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Shumpert is better than Smith so it would be a downgrade.

Faried is good and we need a player like that.

I rather deal Felton or Smith before Shumpert...I want Shumpert and Fareid on the same team.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Shumpert is better than Smith so it would be a downgrade.

Faried is good and we need a player like that.

I rather deal Felton or Smith before Shumpert...I want Shumpert and Fareid on the same team.
    Couldn't agree more, Felton/Smith for Faried is a no brainer. I think it'd be easier to replace Smith than Felton though, we have Shumpert and Hardaway at the two guard position. Prigioni/Udrih/Murry wouldn't make the work done. We could eventually look for options to involve the 3rd party in order to get us a reliable PG. We'd unload Felton and Smith, keep Shump, get Faried and a starting PG.

Guarantee Shumperts gone at the dead line.

Dont take that as me wanting him gone, it's just gonna happen.

No to trading Shumpert.

I'm interested in getting Faried and Andre Miller. Miller would do wonders for this team.

Superstar

I get the impression that Woodson has little respect for Shumpert's play. I can see that from the way Woodson plays him. Whether the attitude extends upwards to the "Knicks brain trust"-- surely an oxymoron --is only a guess. Shumpert's on the ball defense has been excellent in the past, but Woodson's constant switching on defense, in my opinion, diminishes Shumpert's defensive prowess. I like Shumpert despite not developing much during his stint as a Knick. I prefer to let Woodson go, but I am not confident that Shumpert will remain a Knick. At this point Faried would not be an unfair trade, but I still like Shumpert.

Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    I get the impression that Woodson has little respect for Shumpert's play. I can see that from the way Woodson plays him. Whether the attitude extends upwards to the "Knicks brain trust"-- surely an oxymoron --is only a guess. Shumpert's on the ball defense has been excellent in the past, but Woodson's constant switching on defense, in my opinion, diminishes Shumpert's defensive prowess. I like Shumpert despite not developing much during his stint as a Knick. I prefer to let Woodson go, but I am not confident that Shumpert will remain a Knick. At this point Faried would not be an unfair trade, but I still like Shumpert.
    I believe the attitude actually extends downward from Dolan, there was that report Dolan wanted to trade Shump in the summer so it's impossible.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Oldtimer

Woodson is smart to get rid of Shumpert especially if Shump cant fit it to the beyond Brilliant defensive switching that Woodsons call for.......Woodsons days are so numbered....IF LIN HAS A HUGE GAME THURSDAY THERE IS NO DOUBT WOODY IS A GONER