Trade : Shump to Denver

metrocard

Legend
I rather us blow up the whole team, keep Shumpert and try to get a draft pick in 2015. Kevin Love will be a free agent in 2015 and Knicks aren't competing with the top 4 teams in the East this season or next season. Our best bet is to rebuild and be a strong team in 2015/16. It's better than just entering the playoffs as frauds.
Kenneth Faried is a beast, but defensively he still has ways to go. Last season, according to Synergy, Faried ranked a mere 380th in the league defensively, allowing 0.95 points per possession. Nuggets were actually 1.1 points per 100 possessions.

Knicks definitely need help rebounding but Faried still hasn't reached his defensive potential, but I wouldn't mind him in orange and blue. He hustles and we lack that. He can develop into an all around defender later into his career like how Tyson Chandler did and Elton Brand.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
This does not mean Shumpert is safe. I repeat, DOES NOT MEAN SHUMPERT IS SAFE.

This organization cleary does not want Iman Shumpert as a player.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I don't understand why Shump is so untouchable in some people's eyes, that's a dangerous precedent when the player isn't showing signs of being a star player. Glue guys are super important, but not super rare. You sacrifice a glue guy that the fans like, for a better piece.

Glue guys on teams that aren't horrible enough to be lottery teams (we have one 1st round pick in the next 3 years anyway) or teams that aren't title contender, are dudes on rosters that'll perpetually be in the middle of the pack. I like Shump a lot, but I like the team more, if he's an asset that gets us a piece that helps Melo and is a possible tool to help persuade him to stay, you make the move...as long as it's the right move -- and I'm not convinced Faried would be that right move.

As far as Woodson goes -- I said it on here before and I think it bears repeating. What we're seeing Woodson do is the same exact thing he did in ATL.

Once he got his hands on Joe Johnson, Joe became Iso-Joe. Give the ball to the best player, let him go 1-on-everybody, and play off of him as best you can. No off-ball movement. No pin-down screens to get open looks off of a pick. One, MAYBE two, passes and it's a shot attempt. That's boom-or-bust. When the shots are falling then you have a great chance,when shots are not falling, you look lost, confused, kind of stupid, possibly stupid.

And his defense.....if I had more time, I would seriously scour the internet for this article. But when Woody was in ATL and it was the playoffs, and opposing player, in an interview, said something to the affect of "you know what you're gonna get with them guys, when they switch, you have the mismatch. It's just about getting in the right situations to get the switch."

None of this **** is new. This is who the dude is. Last year seems like it was some sort of anomaly at least the start of the season. Reality caught up to the team quickly after that blazing start, and it was up and down all season until that stretch at the end which started with Melo out (no one to ISO with all game) and Prigs orchestrating the offense a bit.

This is a coaching issue first and foremost, a roster issue secondly, and player effort third. All majorly important, especially that last one.. but you could have all the effort, desire, fire, will, and fight in the world..but if you're trying to get thru a concrete wall with a plastic spoon...where's that effort getting you?

petescud

Starter
Shump would be a bench player on most playoff teams. If we can get a quality starter for him (pref PG or center - Asik maybe)...of course there may be other intangables like 2nd rd pk type stuff, but i agree, JR and THjr cover most of Shumps ground.

bigapple

Starter
SHump is better 3s shooter than jump shooter he is best defender is this team.

i already accepted that Shump wont be in Knick uniform till trade deadline

and i will never forget "come on Iman" after he scores 3 3s in a row in game 6 vs Pacers then To's by Felton MELO and game over.

uber

Benchwarmer
and i will never forget "come on Iman" after he scores 3 3s in a row in game 6 vs Pacers then To's by Felton MELO and game over.

Felton was really bad in this game. Melo carried us through 3 quarters and the refs screwed us in the last 2 minutes.

But yeah, Iman was great.

KingCharles34

All Star
In my opinion the Shump for Asik deal would be a horrible one. I like Asik but i just feel like he'd eventually end up being a backup for Chandler. I dont view Asik as a PF and we need more then a backup if we're gonna trade shump.

I noticed that the Kings have interest in Shumpert. What does everybody think of Isiah Thomas? From what I've seen of him i like him but i know hes only 5'9 and I'm not sure about his defense.

I do know hes a scorer, a better scorer then Ray Felt at that

Kiyaman

Legend
In my opinion the Shump for Asik deal would be a horrible one. I like Asik but i just feel like he'd eventually end up being a backup for Chandler. I dont view Asik as a PF and we need more then a backup if we're gonna trade shump.

I noticed that the Kings have interest in Shumpert. What does everybody think of Isiah Thomas? From what I've seen of him i like him but i know hes only 5'9 and I'm not sure about his defense.

I do know hes a scorer, a better scorer then Ray Felt at that

If he didnt have the name Isiiah Thomas, he wouldve been a TOP-10 pick in the draft rather than the last pick in the 2nd round.

bigapple

Starter
Felton was really bad in this game. Melo carried us through 3 quarters and the refs screwed us in the last 2 minutes.

But yeah, Iman was great.

refs and NBA is not only against KNicks

look @ this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWbUFauHZ2A&list=PL237C7B9D7C602F08

and this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-FLHKsbWkU

$tern just want best of worst to be in finals for money

1st MJ as his 1st draft huge star and Jordan makes $tern this league famous

but Kobe and this 2002 this was simply worst disaster many fans said after these series that NBA is corrupted
and stopped watching

so $tern and NBA simply want correct team and players to b in finals

but why then they led Dirk 1-2 to 4-2 vs Heat and let Spurs 4 finals this is only unknown

Sacramento should be NBA champions in 2002 Indian wasnt even contest for Kings. Kings was way better team than lakers.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
When we’re winning and playing better as a team, I’ll play better as a player.” -Iman Shumpert.
Hell of a guy some of you think should be untouchable. Imagine if Melo said this? The world would explode.

Last edited:

LeFlume

All Star
I saw the future in him. I must have been blind. His D-league performance have shown me that he is nothing more than pure garbage. A SG that can't shoot, are you kidding me? Send him to the D-league for all i care. :barf:

clumsy

Rotation player
There is no reason they would trade Shump for Asik. Houston needs a big floor spacer (like Bargiani) in return for Asik. That said, i don't see why they would deal with us, when they can get Ryan Anderson from the Pelicans who is better than Bargiani and it solves problems for both teams. Houston already has too many guards. The only thing we can really do is try to move melo now for picks (prob won't because he can opt out) and let everyones contract expire. One destination might be Chicago now that Rose is done.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
When we?re winning and playing better as a team, I?ll play better as a player.? -Iman Shumpert. Hell of a guy some of you think should be untouchable. Imagine if Melo said this? The world would explode.

Did he really say that? Well, if he did, i beleive him for some reason. There is something going on between him and Woodson and Shumpert just doesnt play nearly as well as he can.
How many times we traded young promising players and they blossomed in other teams? I think, if we trade him, thats exactly what may happen.
This team needs a real coach, who can demand and inforce some game plan, strategy, discipline, identify the correct starting 5, implement logical rotation.
Look at our players mentality. Everybody is trigger happy. They shoot instead of moving the ball. Even KMart lol. And when they miss, they are slow in transition D.
Now look at SA Spurs. They never take off balance shots, dont force anything, just move the ball untill they find the open man.
I blame this on Woodson.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Shumpert has looked bad this year, and particularly bad last night. Clyde says that he has lost his swagger. Plainly he is frustrated. He takes fewer shots per minute than anyone else. His handle is bad. He has regressed. I believe he has been in the Dolan/Woodson doghouse and that if we trade him he will blossom.

Kiyaman

Legend
I saw the future in him. I must have been blind. His D-league performance have shown me that he is nothing more than pure garbage. A SG that can't shoot, are you kidding me? Send him to the D-league for all i care.

Shump is a KEEPER, unless we can get Faried ....
When we draft Shump it took a week or more for us to find out who EFF he was.
Shump was not listed as a high-priority draft pick in 2011, he was listed as a B+ defensive SG.
After seeing Shumps rookie performance, I gave him 3-4 yrs before being a starter.
Why did we make Shump a starter in the 2011-12 postseason games? Big minus for HC
Shump's a wiining player coming off the bench.

When we drafted Shump, we were in desperate need of a SG, dum-dum Walsh had us starting rookie SF-Landry Fields as our starter-SG. We chose JR.smith to be our 30 minute SG (somemaysay Melo chose him).