Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trade : Shump to Denver

Veteran

Originally Posted by skisloper
    A Huge night for Jeremy Lin last night ( I did not want to keep him at that money ) so it appears the perfect storm is developing for Mike Woodson. Based on the Knicks inability to defend and the constant switching I do not see how Bargani will guard Lin...haha..........

The only hope we have is that Felton can play with a chip on his shoulder and I imagine he will know Felton vs. Lin will be watched.......

Lin will most likely have a big game and Woody will be gone the next day.
    I wish us Knicks-fans would stop talking about the Houston Rockets illegal 2nd offer to Jeremy Lin.
    Lin did not sign the first-offer from the Rockets.
    Lin did not want to LEAVE New York!
    Lin wouldve sign the first offer the Knicks gave him on July 1st .. The ISO-Melo Knicks had no intention on resigning Jeremy Lin.
    For some reason I see Lin on the Knicks in his final contract season, especially if Melo's not a Knicks

Woodson have to worry more bout the Hawks PG-Jeff Teague, handing him a pink-slip in Atlanta

Damn! Hoford & Milsap then Howard & Asik -vs- a no Tyson Chandler Knicks alternating two star PF to just 10 minutes a game
    Time to LMAO

Veteran

Originally Posted by bigapple
    How come Woddy can b fired after 2 games if both loose?

its too early for everything

but what we saw vs Bobcats @ MSG and SPurs answer is simply no D

Smith Felton MELO Andrea arent defenders

style of playing for Knicks is totaly opposite of Spurs

and i agree Woodson players arent fullfill his system.

hawks aint better than Knicks Rockets are 4-3 but still they got Harden parsons and D12 Lin is now bench player.

Barkley still in TNT?
    Woodson have to answer for our poor postseason substitution (6 games vs Boston, and 6 games vs Indiana) ..
    our 1-3 start with Tyson Chandler, treeee straight losses ..
    and all the suprise-suprise news during the offseason not to give Amare any playingtime after the signing of 7.0 Bargani.
    Dolan must know demoted Glen Grunwald was partners with Woodson on the offseason moves.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I wish us Knicks-fans would stop talking about the Houston Rockets illegal 2nd offer to Jeremy Lin.
    Lin did not sign the first-offer from the Rockets.
    Lin did not want to LEAVE New York!
    Lin wouldve sign the first offer the Knicks gave him on July 1st .. The ISO-Melo Knicks had no intention on resigning Jeremy Lin.
    For some reason I see Lin on the Knicks in his final contract season, especially if Melo's not a Knicks

Woodson have to worry more bout the Hawks PG-Jeff Teague, handing him a pink-slip in Atlanta

Damn! Hoford & Milsap then Howard & Asik -vs- a no Tyson Chandler Knicks alternating two star PF to just 10 minutes a game
    Time to LMAO
    Lin is being spoken about as he represents the final straw for Woodson right ot wrong. JAMES DOLAN as an owner will act on being embarassed at the garden by Jermey Lin quicker then he will react to what TEAM MELO brings with it. Even if we lose to Atlanta but hold Jeremy in check in a close game even if we lose will keep James Dolan happy............The dude is an ass.

Would rather trade J.R. so then we could get rid of his brother too. Denver most likely doesn't want to deal with him again though.

Frank Asshola apparently didn't give up the idea of trading Shump for Faried: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

if this trade will come to real i will be feeling same as i saw Starks in GSW 98/99 for Spree.

Veteran

Deal is held up due to Denver wanting a Draft Pick,,,,,,,,,,,,,we all know how this will end up we will give up 3 picks,......maybe chris smith will be included in the deal...haha ........................Beauty of this deal is we will play Fariad at Center even though he is best as PF..........but that's the NY Knicks we know better then everyone else.

If I gotta choose between Isola and Berman I think the latter's a more reliable source. Also, with McGee out indefinitely and Wilson Chandler back in the rotation I think Denver needs Faried more than Shump.

Wilson was our main gunner vs Heat b4 LEbron scores his title

I dont understand the love for Shump but okay.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I rather us blow up the whole team, keep Shumpert and try to get a draft pick in 2015. Kevin Love will be a free agent in 2015 and Knicks aren't competing with the top 4 teams in the East this season or next season. Our best bet is to rebuild and be a strong team in 2015/16. It's better than just entering the playoffs as frauds.
    Kenneth Faried is a beast, but defensively he still has ways to go. Last season, according to Synergy, Faried ranked a mere 380th in the league defensively, allowing 0.95 points per possession. Nuggets were actually 1.1 points per 100 possessions.

Knicks definitely need help rebounding but Faried still hasn't reached his defensive potential, but I wouldn't mind him in orange and blue. He hustles and we lack that. He can develop into an all around defender later into his career like how Tyson Chandler did and Elton Brand.

Wojnarowski is probably the most reliable information source when it comes down to trade talks.

This does not mean Shumpert is safe. I repeat, DOES NOT MEAN SHUMPERT IS SAFE.

This organization cleary does not want Iman Shumpert as a player.

I don't understand why Shump is so untouchable in some people's eyes, that's a dangerous precedent when the player isn't showing signs of being a star player. Glue guys are super important, but not super rare. You sacrifice a glue guy that the fans like, for a better piece.

Glue guys on teams that aren't horrible enough to be lottery teams (we have one 1st round pick in the next 3 years anyway) or teams that aren't title contender, are dudes on rosters that'll perpetually be in the middle of the pack. I like Shump a lot, but I like the team more, if he's an asset that gets us a piece that helps Melo and is a possible tool to help persuade him to stay, you make the move...as long as it's the right move -- and I'm not convinced Faried would be that right move.

As far as Woodson goes -- I said it on here before and I think it bears repeating. What we're seeing Woodson do is the same exact thing he did in ATL.

Once he got his hands on Joe Johnson, Joe became Iso-Joe. Give the ball to the best player, let him go 1-on-everybody, and play off of him as best you can. No off-ball movement. No pin-down screens to get open looks off of a pick. One, MAYBE two, passes and it's a shot attempt. That's boom-or-bust. When the shots are falling then you have a great chance,when shots are not falling, you look lost, confused, kind of stupid, possibly stupid.

And his defense.....if I had more time, I would seriously scour the internet for this article. But when Woody was in ATL and it was the playoffs, and opposing player, in an interview, said something to the affect of "you know what you're gonna get with them guys, when they switch, you have the mismatch. It's just about getting in the right situations to get the switch."

None of this **** is new. This is who the dude is. Last year seems like it was some sort of anomaly at least the start of the season. Reality caught up to the team quickly after that blazing start, and it was up and down all season until that stretch at the end which started with Melo out (no one to ISO with all game) and Prigs orchestrating the offense a bit.

This is a coaching issue first and foremost, a roster issue secondly, and player effort third. All majorly important, especially that last one.. but you could have all the effort, desire, fire, will, and fight in the world..but if you're trying to get thru a concrete wall with a plastic spoon...where's that effort getting you?

Shump would be a bench player on most playoff teams. If we can get a quality starter for him (pref PG or center - Asik maybe)...of course there may be other intangables like 2nd rd pk type stuff, but i agree, JR and THjr cover most of Shumps ground.