Veterans and young players you want?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Last season's older veterans were tremendous for the Knicks, but they also got hurt and/or slowed down. We have some youth, I think our biggest probably right now is probably lack of high IQ veterans, and maybe lack of IQ period.

I'd love Andre Miller on this team. Not only is he an older veteran with high IQ, but he's only missed ten games in his career I think.

I'd love Faried on this team. A VERY energetic player who would greatly improve the Knicks' rebounding.

Broadway

All Star
It's going to be hard to get any player that has any meaningful value but to build off this thread you created...

by team I'm only interested in young players primarily in the Eastern Conference

Celtics-Favorini
Raptors-Terrence Ross/D.J. Augustin
Nets-Tyshawn Taylor
Sixers-Thaddeus Young

Pacers-We Have No Shot At Any but I'd want......Lance Stephenson
Bulls-We Have No Shot At Any but I'd want.....Butler
Cleveland-C.J. Miles/Earl Clark
Detroit-Siva/Singler
Bucks-Illyasova/Henson/Wolters

Wizards-Saraphin/Booker
Magic-Harkless/Moore/Nicholson
Bobcats-MKG/Byombo
Hawks-Jenkins
Heat-No One

I pretty much want guys who are young and on cheap short deals that fill a need, have a definitive skill set, or creates mismatches

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Me either RJ,Biggest mistake the knicks could have done was let him walk. Now we have a bunch of players that could care less.
I was at first against it, but then when Amar'e was making a huge impact on the Knicks I was fine with it, so I'm not gonna change my feelings on that. Injuries happened. The lesson here is to keep guys such as Lee. Stay loyal to guys with such talent and hard work. That's how you build a winning organization.

Lee and Nate are the top two former Knicks I'd like to see come back.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Yeah it would be nice to see both of them come back home were they belong. Shoot after watching this team play I would welcome anybody back.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Yeah it would be nice to see both of them come back home were they belong. Shoot after watching this team play I would welcome anybody back.
Yeah. The crazy thing is, even in 2008-2010 I felt the Knicks could make the Playoffs. I didn't like the coaching, the players had a lot of work to do, but they caught fire and won some big games. So far this season I'm not seeing any of that. The Knicks don't have enough youth that can pull out some surprising wins and any older veterans such as last season to bring leadership. It's just flat out been bad for the most part.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Yeah. The crazy thing is, even in 2008-2010 I felt the Knicks could make the Playoffs. I didn't like the coaching, the players had a lot of work to do, but they caught fire and won some big games. So far this season I'm not seeing any of that. The Knicks don't have enough youth that can pull out some surprising wins and any older veterans such as last season to bring leadership. It's just flat out been bad for the most part.

I agree with everything you said man. I think the 2008-10 team could have made some noise in the playoffs but we will never know which sucks.They was fun to watch b/c they never quit and always left it all on the court.

Kiyaman

Legend
We have to make a trade for one-reason, and one reason only ..
13 of our players are having problems feelin Woodson's ISO-Melo system.

Andre Miller equals Felton .. both have average passin-skillz, and pushin the ball is not one of their best qualities.

Before the February deadline we have to trade ISO-Melo, Amare, and fire Woodson on the spot.

Kiyaman

Legend
Lee and Nate are the top two former Knicks I'd like to see come back.

:agreed::gony::agreed:

Getting Lee & Nate back into Knicks uniforms would be the brightest move Jim Dolan made for Knicks-Fans throughout his tenor as owner.
I still recall 2005, as Rookies HC Larry Brown put Nate & Lee in the Starter lineup .. we went on a 6 game win streak.
After the 6th win in a interview our DUM-DUM HC Larry Brown said some harsh words about the youngest Knicks player on the team in that interview .. "Ariza" .. And the entire Knicks roster lost all faith in performing for such a idiotic HC Brown. After the 7th game blowout loss HC Brown took Lee & Nate out of the starter lineup.

DUM-DUM silly-boy Donnie Walsh promise Jim Dolan TWO to THREE star-players from the 2010 Star FA market in 2008.
Within 2 years of that promise Walsh spent close to 3 times the amount of our $100M per salary-cap through trades. And when the 2010 offseason arrived Walsh was only able to sign ONE star FA Amare. When Walsh put our All-Star fan-favorite David Lee in a sign and trade to GS for 3 bum players .. Dolan FIRED Walsh behind close doors, and went publically to rehire Isiah Thomas. This is why Walsh wasnt able to make any trade moves, or press talk, after trading David Lee in July 2010 offseason, Walsh was demoted to the "be quiet office" in the Knicks organization till ur contract run out. Walsh had NO-SAY-SO in the chaotic Melo-trade, which was the 3rd bad decision of the Knicks within a one years time.
1) trading Jared Jefferies, Nate, and future draft picks.
2) trading David Lee
3) trading 3 starters for ISO-Melo

P.S. Stupid is what stupid does (moral)

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
There's a lot of things I like about this team. Mainly the possibilities of improved defense with the combo of Chandler, World Peace and Kmart. But a serious issue is lack of ball movement and offensively Melo is the only reliable and consistent scorer. We can't open the court up unless we've got more scorers. Than we can say 'Melo, share the ball'. You can't really say that now because there's no one to share it with, well not really. I just don't trust JR, Felton or Bargnani as a solid supporting offensive cast.

Shumpert could develop into the missing piece we need, but the Knicks organization has never been one to develop players.
Melo can't play with a dominate PF, so forget Kevin Love. If anything I'd live to have David Lee back and bring in a slashing shooting guard. Say Monti Ellis. Again, I'm not thinking supper stars, just players that can assist offensively and create spacing in the Melo era.

Chandler
D.Lee
Melo
Ellis
Felton

Kmart
Bargnani
World Peace
Hardaway Jr
Prigioni

This is a realistic option. Next year is the final year of Amare's contract. Trade him to GS for D.Lee. They may like the idea of getting 20 million off the books. Or just wait to sign Lee outright in 2015, but don't over pay for him. Ellis is more affordable. A trade of JR Smith for Ellis should work.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
a Felton and Ellis back court...I'm done bro. Don't need to read anything else. Any lineup with Felton doesn't win **** in the East. Ellis is a gimmick SG who plays no defense.

kinein

Benchwarmer
This is a realistic option. Next year is the final year of Amare's contract. Trade him to GS for D.Lee.

No one is accepting a trade for Amare. Why do people think Amare is tradeable? There is no team on this planet that will take Amare. NYK is stuck with it just like they are stuck with C.Smith

GS is not about to give up David Lee for a loss.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I don't see any reason for the Warriors to give up David Lee. Why trade him for 20 million off the books when they could keep the double-double machine who's a good passer? They also have Bogut guarding the paint. There's no way I'd break up Lee, Bogut, Curry, and Iguodala.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
a Felton and Ellis back court...I'm done bro. Don't need to read anything else. Any lineup with Felton doesn't win **** in the East. Ellis is a gimmick SG who plays no defense.

Half of the league doesn't play defense. Ellis is cheap and he can put up 20 just about any night. I'd prefer Kevin Martin but we don't have the assets to make that happen. The only way I can see the Knicks improving is if they get a shooting guard that's more reliable than JR.

Everyone is tough on Felton but I think he just doesn't have the right group around him. Felton's got the experience and skill to run the offense. If we get the right people and Felton can't do better than 14 and 5 I'd say trade him.

Kiyaman

Legend
No one is accepting a trade for Amare. Why do people think Amare is tradeable? There is no team on this planet that will take Amare. NYK is stuck with it just like they are stuck with C.Smith

GS need a Tyson Chandler not Amare. Plus Dolan is not going to trade Amare's $44M 2yr contract to the next team who will have a 30 minute playingtime slot waiting for Amare to be Amare.

Dolan did that already when he traded Marcus Camby to Denver for Mcdyess.
Camby became an elite center for the Denver Nuggets averaging 11 pts, 13 rb, 2 ast, and 3 blk per for 5 straight seasons.
Dolan had to pay Mcdyess Max $$$ for 3 straight years of no service.
And when Mcdyess left the Knicks and signed with Detroit, Mcdyess became a 30 minute player to help Detroit go to the FINALS.

The Knicks so-call injured players...

KingCharles34

All Star

Chandler, Amare, and Felton for Marc Gasol, Z-Bo, and Mike Conley

No way the Grizzlies would turn that deal down....

5s2e3.png