Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013/11/13 New York Knicks @ Atlanta Hawks 8:00 PM

Bargs is going old school and bank it in..

We got this.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

The bank opens late in Italy.

It was a well needed win, on to the Rockets.

to be honest i wanted knicks to lose this one... after all the threats that dolan made about winning this game “or else”. i felt change was needed and this win will pull us back into a false sense of calm again... no more looking at our issues and just going on as the knicks are. that or maybe i just dont have faith in woodsons favouritism type coachin anymore.

I was cheering for the Knicks to win as always, but I'm not happy either. Not enough ball movement and bad defense. This kind of basketball isn't gonna get this team far.

Woodsons gotta go man

I'll take a win anyday, offense was clicking in the first half, if threes is the way to go, keep them coming. Defense still sucks but atleast they are trying way more than the other night against the spurs. Glad to see JR getting back to some of his groove. As for bargnani, he is the player of the game in my book. Yes, he wasn't great in defense, but i lost count of how many times people flew by our guards and he stepped up as the center to atleast try to contest. And for the love of God, i hope melo's improves on his shooting percentage

Despite the win the Knicks need to make some tough decisions:
    Trade the farm for a superstar or high draft pick(s)
    or
    go to war and lose quick.

Felton cannot guard the point.
    We will live and die by the 3... again.
    We have no low post presence.
    We can't lock down the paint nor rebound.
    And TC will be out longer than expected knowing this training staff.

Unless Shump, JR, Barnani, or perhaps THJ is a star I guess

Veteran

Helluva 8 minute WIN

Props to Shump .. scoring was off, so Shump made it up with, 6 rb, 9 ast, 4 stl, 1 blk, and two important STOPS in crunchtime
    (Shump just raised his trade-value)

Dolan will be expecting a WIN tomorow @MSG vs Rockets 6th man - Lin
    Rockets loss tonite to Philly .. Lin went 9-15 from 3-ball line

Not to be the downer here but this game was trash...

Yeah we were hitting shots in the first half but I really want to see how many of our points come off of jump shots vs lay ups. Our offensive strategy is HORRIBLE. We may win some games here and there this way but in the playoffs (if we get that far) we will get shut down EZ. We don't go to the basket unless it's Melo on the block and he'd rather fade away in that situation. I thought coming into this year Shump might be that guy but he also prefers to find the 3pt line now. Felton lost all this weight and got faster but all I see is him getting burned and shooting J's.... that's how teams will always stay close no matter what lead we have... eventually we will always go cold and they will lay up themselves back into the game. We settle for J's while the other team works as a team and gets inside buckets. We work hard then settle and they don't. I can't really knock the players too hard cause Woodson is just standing there with the same blank look on his face allowing all this to happen. We call a time out and continue to play the same way.

I really was a supporter of Woodson and I know its still sooooooo early into the season but to me its all about how we play together and right now we look like a bunch of random guys wearing the same jersey. WTF do they do in practice?! It's 7 games in and I feel like I know the entire playbook.

Here's a question.... Would it be better to get a new coach or PGs and a real post up option or 2?
    Last edited by MSGhobo247; Nov 14, 2013 at 00:36.

Veteran

Knicks up 17....

Then Carmelo Anthony happens. He goes 1-6 to end the 2nd quarter and goes 1-9 in the third quarter. We watch this clown go 2-15 and watch the Knicks 17 point lead turn into an 8 point hole. He was refusing to jog back on defense too. Just standing around not caring. How does this clown get a free pass for this?

The only thing that saved the Knicks from there was the mediocre Hawks being the mediocre Hawks... and Bargnani making some shots... and a couple of threes once again dropping late....unbelievably biased ref calls in our favor....

Otherwise this would have been the nightmare game this team NEEDED in order to get those changes made. Instead they win, we're elite title contenders again.

Just disgusting. This is not a win you consider a win.... for what this win did was underscore all that is wrong with this team and why it will not excel in the playoffs.

Veteran

C'mon y'all a win is a win no asterisk give this team time to gel

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Knicks up 17....

Then Carmelo Anthony happens. He goes 1-6 to end the 2nd quarter and goes 1-9 in the third quarter. We watch this clown go 2-15 and watch the Knicks 17 point lead turn into an 8 point hole. He was refusing to jog back on defense too. Just standing around not caring. How does this clown get a free pass for this?

The only thing that saved the Knicks from there was the mediocre Hawks being the mediocre Hawks... and Bargnani making some shots... and a couple of threes once again dropping late....unbelievably biased ref calls in our favor....

Otherwise this would have been the nightmare game this team NEEDED in order to get those changes made. Instead they win, we're elite title contenders again.

Just disgusting. This is not a win you consider a win.... for what this win did was underscore all that is wrong with this team and why it will not excel in the playoffs.
    I totally understand you and i totally feel melo's bad shooting been sinking us these last few games. A win is a win and i'll take it now, as it will come handy come around playoff time though. As for woodson, maybe this is a good time for him to hit the road. It is early, bring in someone new and give him a fair shot at fixing this mess. I don't understand how no one moves in the offense though, not sure if we can survive beyond first round with just melo and JR shake n bake. I do like the Barganani addition and i hope that he continues to be a big part of our offensive production with 20pt games every night. Just can't combine poor offensive with even ****tier defense. OMG and felton is a bum on defense, i don't understand how you can let your man blow by you 30 times a game and still have the balls to show up to work...

The main reason we won last night was because we where ready to play. I guess they like their coach and wanted to save his ass. But can they play hard consistently?
    We are a jump shoting team with terrible shooters, no inside game or rebounding to get second chance opportunites.
    And whats going on with Melo? 1 of 6 in the second quarter, 1 of 9 in the third. WTF? He lookes very unhappy out there, is not smiling any more. We almost lost last night because of him.