Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2013/11/14 New York Knicks vs Houston Rockets 8:00 PM

Veteran

Knicks gave a good effort, most thought this would be a blowout. The refs and the bench points were the difference.

Besides Bargnani, Melo has little help...Can't win this way. Hope i'm wrong but it looks like a lot of heartbreak for us Knick fans this year

I don't give a **** about the officiating. Our bench did nothing tonight. NOTHING. Hardaway got us some points and that's it. Melo and Bargnani were the ones who kept us in the game for most of the time. I don't know what rest of the guys were doing, but certainly not playing an NBA game.

But I gotta admit, I hate the NBA rules, they basically give the advantage to the team commiting a foul/violation. It's crazy, there should be an advantage rule in place, similar to the one in soccer. In that case Melo's three would have counted.

if ANYONE needed more evidence of why Raymond Felton is pure dog sh!t...well there you go.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I can't believe people defended Felton this off season.
    I want to vomit and die.

12th man

the foul isn't called until Melo is in shooting motion.

12th man

This lose goes squarely on Melo and Woodson. Melo was played a GREAT game in the first half but in the 3rd he did not do good at all. Then in the 4th he and smith was shooting every shot and completely forgot all about Bargnani when he was on fire.Melo got the big idea in his head well this is my team and I am going to take over. Yep he took over and CHOKED once again costing the knicks a win.

Woodson needs blamed for this also b/c he waits way to long to put Bargnani back in games. He sat on the bench forever when he should have been on the floor draining baskets. I tell you right now Bargnani is going to big a big reason the knicks win this year BUT the coach has to play him and the so called superstar has to pass the ball to him when he has three defenders on him instead of shooting.

Bottom line is if woodson would have played Bargnani more and if Melo and Smith wouldn't have went 2 againist five and pass the ball to Bargnani they would have won.You got a first hand look tonight on why Melo isn't a team player!!

12th man

We're going to blame this game on the guy who scored over 40 points with 10 rebounds and played his heart out?

Alright.

I agree with Lercher, 12 points of the bench is not good enough. We got robbed on a few calls no doubt but the bench was just awful and thats the game right there.

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    We're going to blame this game on the guy who scored over 40 points with 10 rebounds and played his heart out?

Alright.

Melo is expected to score like that and rebound......BUT.....in the 4th quarter it becomes Melo ISO as the set play..there were times Melo is double teamed and he takes the shot.........Just like Woody its clear to the defense that melo wont pass and they lay off their man to double team......

THIS LOSS IS ON WOODY..........HOW IN THE WORLD DOES HE KEEP FELTON AS OUR STARTING PG.....LIN MADE FELTON LOOK AMATUER AND THAT SAYS ALOT...........

Originally Posted by metrocard

Alright.
    Yep I am b/c clearly blaming melo he thought about nobody else tonight(except for smith) in the 3rd and 4th quarters but himself.What why couldn't he play the 3rd and 4th the same way he played in the first half? He was spreading the ball around and actually running a nba offense but the 2nd half he was a different player and he went back to iso melo which never works. Woody not stoping this one on one crap is to blame too.

We've got THREE major things to blame this loss on.

1.Head Coach Mike Woodson: This dude is the definition of clueless.

2.Raymond Felton: Rays a desperation backup on a losing team at best.

3.JR SMITH: DUDE SHOT 4-16 AND GO BACK TO POINT #1 OF WHY HE WAS ALLOWED TO KEEP SHOOTING.

I'm completely furious about these BS calls that cost us the game.

Beyond that, I found this game pretty encouraging. Why?

Bargnani stepped up on both ends of the floor.
    Melo found his groove.
    We fought back when we were down by ten - multiple times.
    We almost won a game playing against a big center. Most thought we would get killed.
    We showed heart.

Yes, our bench sucked, and JR shot horribly. But I don't think those will be long-term concerns. Both will improve.

We just need to hold on until Tyson AND Jeremy Tyler get back. DO NOT TRADE SHUMP! We'll be fine once Tyson comes back, we get Tyler, and we have some time to jell. I'm not thrilled about Felton's play either, but we don't have much choice right now (other than starting Prig, which I would be totally fine with). Felton's a weak starting PG, but he's also one of the cheapest, and we have cap issues.

Freaking refs.

12th man

Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    Yep I am b/c clearly blaming melo he thought about nobody else tonight(except for smith) in the 3rd and 4th quarters but himself.What why couldn't he play the 3rd and 4th the same way he played in the first half? He was spreading the ball around and actually running a nba offense but the 2nd half he was a different player and he went back to iso melo which never works. Woody not stoping this one on one crap is to blame too.
    So without Melo, Knicks win this game?