Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: I've had enough of Raymond Felton

  1. #1
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Video I've had enough of Raymond Felton


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    ****ing woodson. ****ing felton. ****ing smith bros. cancerous ****s

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Meloball
    ****ing woodson. ****ing felton. ****ing smith bros. cancerous ****s


    Something tells me if Prigs or Udrich played the way Felton did they would never see the court.......Amazing how Woody will ride Shumpert but Felton gets a pass........WOODY BETTER MAKE A CHANGE....Look at Dantonio with Linsanity.....

  4. #4
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Signed in to make this same thread. I dont even think Felton is that bad of a player, the problem is to me hes always been a borderline backup/starter. Most teams have better or at least quicker point guards, Ray's probably one of the worst starting points in the league.

    We can only go so far with Ray at the point.

    Let me just also say one more thing....Ray is 1000 x better then Chris Duhon was and i think thats the reason why alot of us have been able to tolerate him as long as we have. But if we wanna guarantee ourselves a trip to the 2nd round of the playoffs i think we need a point guard upgrade

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,634
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Typical knee jerk on a bball forum. It's only 8 games and Felton is shooting way below his career numbers, .200 from 3 and .376 overall, I see him going on a hot streak and getting his shooting back up to his career averages. Look he's a journeyman PG and we're paying like that and who do you think is better? Udrih has been disappointing and you would be saying Pablo is not an NBA starter if he started enough games.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Nov 16, 2013 at 12:58.

  6. #6
    Nein, Mann! Lercher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,058
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Bingo, people forget that in terms of salary Ray ranks last among all starting point guards (rookie contracts + rookie exceptions/extensions excluded). Moreover, the difference between Felton and the 2nd last PG when it comes down to salary is $3.4M. Seriously, the Knicks are paying Felton $4.2M a year and you still expect him to be what? Ray provides us with the best price-quality relation among starting PGs, you're not getting anything better off the free agency market for the money he makes.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Lercher
    Bingo, people forget that in terms of salary Ray ranks last among all starting point guards (rookie contracts + rookie exceptions/extensions excluded). Moreover, the difference between Felton and the 2nd last PG when it comes down to salary is $3.4M. Seriously, the Knicks are paying Felton $4.2M a year and you still expect him to be what? Ray provides us with the best price-quality relation among starting PGs, you're not getting anything better off the free agency market for the money he makes.

    His salary is not the point...........Felton sucks as our starting PG.......Yes for 2.4 million he does not suck.....so does that mean he should be out starting PG........let Udrich or Prigs start....what does Woody fear ? Prigs is a better passer and defender so how much could the Knicks suffer...its only a win win

  8. #8
    Nein, Mann! Lercher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,058
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Ray's salary simply puts his performance into a certain perspective. In other words he's playing like a $4.2M guy and you cannot expect him to play way above his pay grade. And saying that starting Prigs/Udrih will solve our problems is yet another example of Knicks fans delusional thinking. Udrih in the very limited PT he's got so far did nothing but shot bricks and turned the ball over. What makes you believe he'll be a better fit than Felton? And Prigs turned 36 earlier this year, do you really think he's able to keep it up for 30+ minutes a game? Replacing Felton with Udrih/Prigs would make this team look even worse. I believe though that Woodson should limit Ray's PT, increase Prigs' minutes and give Murry a shot at the point. Putting all the blame on Felton/Woodson is just looking for a scapegoat. There is maybe one single player on this team that plays up to the expectations and it's MWP. Melo's inconsistent, Shump offensive struggles continues, JR puts more effort in defending his retarted brother on Twitter than in playing actual games, Bargani has no idea what team defense means, K-Mart/Amare are invisible, Hardaway is chucking like there's no tomorrow and as if that was not enough we don't have a reliable power forward and a backup center. But replace Felton with Udrih/Prigs, fire Woodson and all wounds shall be healed, the Knicks will become a championship caliber team and blah, blah, blah, back and forth, until we start winning or there is an other scapegoat to put all the blame on.
    Last edited by Lercher; Nov 16, 2013 at 14:44.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Lercher
    Ray's salary simply puts his performance into a certain perspective. In other words he's playing like a $4.2M guy and you cannot expect him to play way above his pay grade. And saying that starting Prigs/Udrih will solve our problems is yet another example of Knicks fans delusional thinking. Udrih in the very limited PT he's got so far did nothing but shot bricks and turned the ball over. What makes you believe he'll be a better fit than Felton? And Prigs turned 36 earlier this year, do you really think he's able to keep it up for 30+ minutes a game? Replacing Felton with Udrih/Prigs would make this team look even worse. I believe though that Woodson should limit Ray's PT, increase Prigs' minutes and give Murry a shot at the point. Putting all the blame on Felton/Woodson is just looking for a scapegoat. There is maybe one single player on this team that plays up to the expectations and it's MWP. Melo's inconsistent, Shump offensive struggles continues, JR puts more effort in defending his retarted brother on Twitter than in playing actual games, Bargani has no idea what team defense means, K-Mart/Amare are invisible, Hardaway is chucking like there's no tomorrow and as if that was not enough we don't have a reliable power forward and a backup center. But replace Felton with Udrih/Prigs, fire Woodson and all wounds shall be healed, the Knicks will become a championship caliber team and blah, blah, blah, back and forth, until we start winning or there is an other scapegoat to put all the blame on.
    Let me be clear....NO Prigs or Udrich will not solve the Knicks problems......I do think it will be a start. If you told me Felton will start and if he is having an off game Prigs or Udrich will come in I would be fine with that...the ISSUE is that Once Woodsons makes a decision on one of his inner circle players he does not go back on it....

    I have said this before and will continue to say it ...Woody beleives if a guy misses 6-7 shots in a row he is bound to make his 8th and 9th so he has him keep shooting........In the Rockets game Woodson in the 2nd quarter called Udrich to come into the game and then Felton made a play and he sent Udrich back to the bench....Raymonds many turnovers. lapse on defense and missed shots all gets forgotten when makes a shot.....Thats not right and Woody basically puts players in a situation unless you are in his inner circle in a situation where they do not know when they are playing or their role......

    shump Gets yelled out and Felton stays in after 2 CLUMSY tunovers in a row.....A JOKE...

    so NO NO NO Progs and Udrcih do not take the Knicks problems away but it makes Woody and his players that play accountable.

  10. #10
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Lercher
    Bingo, people forget that in terms of salary Ray ranks last among all starting point guards (rookie contracts + rookie exceptions/extensions excluded). Moreover, the difference between Felton and the 2nd last PG when it comes down to salary is $3.4M. Seriously, the Knicks are paying Felton $4.2M a year and you still expect him to be what? Ray provides us with the best price-quality relation among starting PGs, you're not getting anything better off the free agency market for the money he makes.
    Barea, Collison, Jack, Farmar and Livingston would make better PG candidates. Even Sessions.


    I love how people doubt Prigioni.

    He's actually the only PG on this team who's in great physical shape and that plays defense. He's the best passer on the team and can hit a spot up 3. That's all you need. Shumpert and Smith move the ball, as well as World Peace. Anthony is the primary scorer and Bargnani is the secondary.

    Felton ruins that whole formula because he plays like the secondary scorer.

    Felton always been a poor quality shooter and inefficient PG. His defense is 50X worse than his offense and his offense isn't even that good to begin with. Felton is a gimmick PG.

  11. #11
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I dont understand why Udrih gets zero play time.

  12. #12
    Veteran bigapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    west poland
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Feedex this to Woodson

    and u shoud say u r sick and tired of Felton he is disgracefull NOW

    Thats why i liked when they signed beno but dissapointed 0 minutes of playing

    i just cant watch this BALLHOGing and dribbling this is so useless and making TO's

    5 TO"s vs Rockets answer all


    Felton must be benched for now

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Abit offtrack... but I kinda joined abit late compared to the rest of you guys... but I remember PG Toney Douglas got the same amount of hate back then. Who's the better of the two?

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,991
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Signed in to make this same thread. I dont even think Felton is that bad of a player, the problem is to me hes always been a borderline backup/starter. Most teams have better or at least quicker point guards, Ray's probably one of the worst starting points in the league.

    We can only go so far with Ray at the point.

    Let me just also say one more thing....Ray is 1000 x better then Chris Duhon was and i think thats the reason why alot of us have been able to tolerate him as long as we have. But if we wanna guarantee ourselves a trip to the 2nd round of the playoffs i think we need a point guard upgrade

    In Felton's career he has never been one of the top-15 starting-PG .... the word decent-backup PG been written on Felton's jersey during his 2008-9 season. That's why Charllote Bobcats only gave Felton a one yr contract, after his rookie contract.

    Walsh desperation from Duhon to Felton as our Starter PG, hyped Felton's ego untill he got traded to Denver, and then to Portland. Both teams told Felton he's a backup PG.

    A star was born in New York, and we sold him under the table to the Houston Rockets .. now we must settle with Felton, Prigioni, and Beno as our PG.

    Prigioni is our starting combo-guard who belong in the starter lineup with Felton in the backcourt.
    Felton/Prig/JR/Melo/Barg need to learn how to mesh in a lineup.
    Shump/Meta/K-Mart/Amare need to learn how to mesh in a lineup.

    The ISO-Melo isolation system is not getting off to a great start this season, I gave our isolation-system a 7-8 start, and a strugglin .500 season. Without Tyson Chandler for 20 games, and a bullshiii limitation on two star PF, we are back to the 2011-12 record of 8-15 start.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    235
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    His salary is not the point...........Felton sucks as our starting PG.......Yes for 2.4 million he does not suck.....so does that mean he should be out starting PG........let Udrich or Prigs start....what does Woody fear ? Prigs is a better passer and defender so how much could the Knicks suffer...its only a win win
    +1. Point guard position is the most important position in bball. Are we saving money here by paying him that much?
    I like Melo, but if we can get an elite p.g. by trading him, i would do it right now.
    Even with Prig. and Udrich running the team, we would have much better record then what it is now.

Similar Threads

  1. Raymond Felton Traded to the Knicks
    By WeReady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 216
    Last Post: May 02, 2013, 19:22
  2. Ok, is it too early to be critical of Raymond Felton?
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Oct 13, 2010, 23:00
  3. Raymond Felton Mix
    By Big C in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 31, 2010, 14:14
  4. Please stay away from Raymond Felton
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Jul 07, 2010, 12:08
  5. Raymond Felton: Knicks PG?
    By dan1608 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Sep 09, 2009, 01:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •