I've had enough of Raymond Felton

skisloper

Starter
****ing woodson. ****ing felton. ****ing smith bros. cancerous ****s

Something tells me if Prigs or Udrich played the way Felton did they would never see the court.......Amazing how Woody will ride Shumpert but Felton gets a pass........WOODY BETTER MAKE A CHANGE....Look at Dantonio with Linsanity.....

KingCharles34

All Star
Signed in to make this same thread. I dont even think Felton is that bad of a player, the problem is to me hes always been a borderline backup/starter. Most teams have better or at least quicker point guards, Ray's probably one of the worst starting points in the league.

We can only go so far with Ray at the point.

Let me just also say one more thing....Ray is 1000 x better then Chris Duhon was and i think thats the reason why alot of us have been able to tolerate him as long as we have. But if we wanna guarantee ourselves a trip to the 2nd round of the playoffs i think we need a point guard upgrade

tiger0330

Legend
Typical knee jerk on a bball forum. It's only 8 games and Felton is shooting way below his career numbers, .200 from 3 and .376 overall, I see him going on a hot streak and getting his shooting back up to his career averages. Look he's a journeyman PG and we're paying like that and who do you think is better? Udrih has been disappointing and you would be saying Pablo is not an NBA starter if he started enough games.

Last edited:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Bingo, people forget that in terms of salary Ray ranks last among all starting point guards (rookie contracts + rookie exceptions/extensions excluded). Moreover, the difference between Felton and the 2nd last PG when it comes down to salary is $3.4M. Seriously, the Knicks are paying Felton $4.2M a year and you still expect him to be what? Ray provides us with the best price-quality relation among starting PGs, you're not getting anything better off the free agency market for the money he makes.

skisloper

Starter
Bingo, people forget that in terms of salary Ray ranks last among all starting point guards (rookie contracts + rookie exceptions/extensions excluded). Moreover, the difference between Felton and the 2nd last PG when it comes down to salary is $3.4M. Seriously, the Knicks are paying Felton $4.2M a year and you still expect him to be what? Ray provides us with the best price-quality relation among starting PGs, you're not getting anything better off the free agency market for the money he makes.

His salary is not the point...........Felton sucks as our starting PG.......Yes for 2.4 million he does not suck.....so does that mean he should be out starting PG........let Udrich or Prigs start....what does Woody fear ? Prigs is a better passer and defender so how much could the Knicks suffer...its only a win win

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Ray's salary simply puts his performance into a certain perspective. In other words he's playing like a $4.2M guy and you cannot expect him to play way above his pay grade. And saying that starting Prigs/Udrih will solve our problems is yet another example of Knicks fans delusional thinking. Udrih in the very limited PT he's got so far did nothing but shot bricks and turned the ball over. What makes you believe he'll be a better fit than Felton? And Prigs turned 36 earlier this year, do you really think he's able to keep it up for 30+ minutes a game? Replacing Felton with Udrih/Prigs would make this team look even worse. I believe though that Woodson should limit Ray's PT, increase Prigs' minutes and give Murry a shot at the point. Putting all the blame on Felton/Woodson is just looking for a scapegoat. There is maybe one single player on this team that plays up to the expectations and it's MWP. Melo's inconsistent, Shump offensive struggles continues, JR puts more effort in defending his retarted brother on Twitter than in playing actual games, Bargani has no idea what team defense means, K-Mart/Amare are invisible, Hardaway is chucking like there's no tomorrow and as if that was not enough we don't have a reliable power forward and a backup center. But replace Felton with Udrih/Prigs, fire Woodson and all wounds shall be healed, the Knicks will become a championship caliber team and blah, blah, blah, back and forth, until we start winning or there is an other scapegoat to put all the blame on.

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
Ray's salary simply puts his performance into a certain perspective. In other words he's playing like a $4.2M guy and you cannot expect him to play way above his pay grade. And saying that starting Prigs/Udrih will solve our problems is yet another example of Knicks fans delusional thinking. Udrih in the very limited PT he's got so far did nothing but shot bricks and turned the ball over. What makes you believe he'll be a better fit than Felton? And Prigs turned 36 earlier this year, do you really think he's able to keep it up for 30+ minutes a game? Replacing Felton with Udrih/Prigs would make this team look even worse. I believe though that Woodson should limit Ray's PT, increase Prigs' minutes and give Murry a shot at the point. Putting all the blame on Felton/Woodson is just looking for a scapegoat. There is maybe one single player on this team that plays up to the expectations and it's MWP. Melo's inconsistent, Shump offensive struggles continues, JR puts more effort in defending his retarted brother on Twitter than in playing actual games, Bargani has no idea what team defense means, K-Mart/Amare are invisible, Hardaway is chucking like there's no tomorrow and as if that was not enough we don't have a reliable power forward and a backup center. But replace Felton with Udrih/Prigs, fire Woodson and all wounds shall be healed, the Knicks will become a championship caliber team and blah, blah, blah, back and forth, until we start winning or there is an other scapegoat to put all the blame on.

Let me be clear....NO Prigs or Udrich will not solve the Knicks problems......I do think it will be a start. If you told me Felton will start and if he is having an off game Prigs or Udrich will come in I would be fine with that...the ISSUE is that Once Woodsons makes a decision on one of his inner circle players he does not go back on it....

I have said this before and will continue to say it ...Woody beleives if a guy misses 6-7 shots in a row he is bound to make his 8th and 9th so he has him keep shooting........In the Rockets game Woodson in the 2nd quarter called Udrich to come into the game and then Felton made a play and he sent Udrich back to the bench....Raymonds many turnovers. lapse on defense and missed shots all gets forgotten when makes a shot.....Thats not right and Woody basically puts players in a situation unless you are in his inner circle in a situation where they do not know when they are playing or their role......

shump Gets yelled out and Felton stays in after 2 CLUMSY tunovers in a row.....A JOKE...

so NO NO NO Progs and Udrcih do not take the Knicks problems away but it makes Woody and his players that play accountable.

metrocard

Legend

Barea, Collison, Jack, Farmar and Livingston would make better PG candidates. Even Sessions.

I love how people doubt Prigioni.

He's actually the only PG on this team who's in great physical shape and that plays defense. He's the best passer on the team and can hit a spot up 3. That's all you need. Shumpert and Smith move the ball, as well as World Peace. Anthony is the primary scorer and Bargnani is the secondary.

Felton ruins that whole formula because he plays like the secondary scorer.

Felton always been a poor quality shooter and inefficient PG. His defense is 50X worse than his offense and his offense isn't even that good to begin with. Felton is a gimmick PG.

bigapple

Starter
Crazy⑧s;277636 said:

Feedex this to Woodson

and u shoud say u r sick and tired of Felton he is disgracefull NOW

Thats why i liked when they signed beno but dissapointed 0 minutes of playing

i just cant watch this BALLHOGing and dribbling this is so useless and making TO's

5 TO"s vs Rockets answer all

Felton must be benched for now

Meloball

Benchwarmer
Abit offtrack... but I kinda joined abit late compared to the rest of you guys... but I remember PG Toney Douglas got the same amount of hate back then. Who's the better of the two?

Kiyaman

Legend
Signed in to make this same thread. I dont even think Felton is that bad of a player, the problem is to me hes always been a borderline backup/starter. Most teams have better or at least quicker point guards, Ray's probably one of the worst starting points in the league.

We can only go so far with Ray at the point.

Let me just also say one more thing....Ray is 1000 x better then Chris Duhon was and i think thats the reason why alot of us have been able to tolerate him as long as we have. But if we wanna guarantee ourselves a trip to the 2nd round of the playoffs i think we need a point guard upgrade

:agreed: In Felton's career he has never been one of the top-15 starting-PG .... the word decent-backup PG been written on Felton's jersey during his 2008-9 season. That's why Charllote Bobcats only gave Felton a one yr contract, after his rookie contract.

Walsh desperation from Duhon to Felton as our Starter PG, hyped Felton's ego untill he got traded to Denver, and then to Portland. Both teams told Felton he's a backup PG.

A star was born in New York, and we sold him under the table to the Houston Rockets .. now we must settle with Felton, Prigioni, and Beno as our PG.

Prigioni is our starting combo-guard who belong in the starter lineup with Felton in the backcourt.
Felton/Prig/JR/Melo/Barg need to learn how to mesh in a lineup.
Shump/Meta/K-Mart/Amare need to learn how to mesh in a lineup.

The ISO-Melo isolation system is not getting off to a great start this season, I gave our isolation-system a 7-8 start, and a strugglin .500 season. Without Tyson Chandler for 20 games, and a bullshiii limitation on two star PF, we are back to the 2011-12 record of 8-15 start.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
His salary is not the point...........Felton sucks as our starting PG.......Yes for 2.4 million he does not suck.....so does that mean he should be out starting PG........let Udrich or Prigs start....what does Woody fear ? Prigs is a better passer and defender so how much could the Knicks suffer...its only a win win

+1. Point guard position is the most important position in bball. Are we saving money here by paying him that much?
I like Melo, but if we can get an elite p.g. by trading him, i would do it right now.
Even with Prig. and Udrich running the team, we would have much better record then what it is now.

Broadway

All Star
Hey at least he told us he's better than Lin...

Everytime Teague blew by him I swear he gained 5lbs. Felton is nothing more than a slopped up butterball....

metrocard

Legend
Hey at least he told us he's better than Lin...

Everytime Teague blew by him I swear he gained 5lbs. Felton is nothing more than a slopped up butterball....

It's pretty painful, I have to change the channel sometimes when the Felton is on the floor...I can't handle to watch more than 5 blown ups on defense and there always more than 5.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
I have not been here in a while, but when i saw this thread i agree entirely..... RAYMOND FELTON IS GARBAGE...not even the good kind of garbage that the people on Park Ave throw away i'm talking about that ghetto cheap garbage.

I have been saying this all last season with his turnstyle defense, the only reason he did not look that bad last year was b/c Chandler covered for him on his multiple mistakes.

This guy DOES NOT GET OVER SCREENS!!!!.. He clings himself to the roll man and lets a big do his job...or pushes up on the opposing PG that they instantly blow pass him because he does not have the foot speed to keep up. He makes you long for the time he will eventually get benched for Priggy,at least priggy passes the ball and actually runs an offense, as well has give the opposing PG full court pressure , giving said team less time to get into their offense..the OPPOSITE of what ray does

"I'm hurt so let me chuck more shots..CLANK"

"the only play i know is give it to melo on the right elbow...dosen't matter if he is triple teamed"

"andrea I know your wide open but i don't have great vison so let me just chuck this shot up and you can clean up my bricks"
-Raymond Felton logic

This is what happens when you give up on young improving talent (lin) for less than discounted garbage (Felton)

there is a reason Denver benched him in favor of Ty Lawson and Portland actually benched him and started J. Crawford at the point...