I can't believe I'm asking this

petescud

Starter
Dantoni sadly is even worse....have you forgot. Do you think we win 54 games with Dantoni even with Kidd and the 3 wise men as asst coaches

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Dantoni sadly is even worse....have you forgot. Do you think we win 54 games with Dantoni even with Kidd and the 3 wise men as asst coaches
I think D'Antoni too, because of things such as benching Nate for 14 games, while some of the players were physically hurting, and his love for Chris Duhon. I don't remember the interior defense being this consistently bad.

metrocard

Legend
They're both really bad, Woodson may be worst with substitution and being loyal to players. D'Antoni isn't afraid to change a starting line up but that's also his weakness. Both are just really bad and exposable coaches.

Rob Low

Rotation player
D'antoni is much worse. Just thinking about him on the sidelines clapping his hands and screaming "lets go" makes me wanna vomit

erivera

Benchwarmer
at least woodson has been has been successful with two groups of players. d'antoni has never really had any type of success outside of his years with nash and stoudemire. to be honest, steve nash made d'antoni look a lot better as a coach than he actually is.

KingCharles34

All Star
Dantoni was a very good offensive coach before we got Melo, its no knock on Carmelo or Dantoni but Dantoni just didnt know how to switch up his system effectively with a superstar that is very good with isolation plays.

Considering the garbage we had, Dantoni got the most out of them. However our defense immediately improved after his departure.

Woodson would almost be a good defensive coach but its the switching on picks that kills me. That worked with the championship Pistons when they had bigs like Rasheed wallace and ben wallace. It doesnt work with our team and Woody needs to cut it out.

Ill say one more thing about Dantoni...in my opinion his Phoenix Suns helped change the way alotta these teams play. With Nash, the Matrix and Amare those suns were one of the funnest if not the funnest team Ive ever watched. If only he coulda put his pride aside and hired a real defensive coach (a few different times in his career)

knicksin60

Starter
Both of them are pseudo-coaches. Their success is based off of one dimensional gimmicks. Herb Williams has a better chance at taking the Knicks to the ECF's than these two dummies.

KBlack25

Starter
Just saying - MDA's Lakers are 12th right now in defensive rating. Defensive Guru Mike Woodson's Knicks are 29th.

As I said throughout MDA's stint here - it's about personnel. Bargs makes us a much worse team defensively, and what he brings offensively is highly replaceable in the NBA.

Neither coach is perfect - but right now our personnel seems to have quit on the coach, just like they quit on MDA. Until someone new is put in this team will keep losing.

kinein

Benchwarmer
Just saying - MDA's Lakers are 12th right now in defensive rating. Defensive Guru Mike Woodson's Knicks are 29th.

Lakers Defensive Rating 12th in the League
Knicks Defensive Rating 29th in the League

That says all I need to know.

Thankfully we have many, MANY more games to see if this continues.

bigapple

Starter
if Knicks loose to Nuggets Orleans and NEts Woodson will b fired?

no one want record close to Utah JAzz and this can be road to draft not to 8th seed which is really pointless Pacers Heat anyway.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Dantoni is better and i cant beleive i am saying this. At least he has offensive system that can be very effective and entertaining to watch, if he has the right personnel to execute it.
What is Wodsons bball strategy/system? Give the ball to Melo or JR and let them create and figuire it out?
Having said that,i dont think Woody is as bad as he looks now, as it seems to me that most players stopped listening to him.
As i have been saying lately, i think he lost his team.
Sooner that dummy Dolan recognizes it, sooner necessary coaching changes will be made, sooner we will get our team back.

metrocard

Legend
Dantoni was a very good offensive coach before we got Melo, its no knock on Carmelo or Dantoni but Dantoni just didnt know how to switch up his system effectively with a superstar that is very good with isolation plays.

Considering the garbage we had, Dantoni got the most out of them. However our defense immediately improved after his departure.

Woodson would almost be a good defensive coach but its the switching on picks that kills me. That worked with the championship Pistons when they had bigs like Rasheed wallace and ben wallace. It doesnt work with our team and Woody needs to cut it out.

Ill say one more thing about Dantoni...in my opinion his Phoenix Suns helped change the way alotta these teams play. With Nash, the Matrix and Amare those suns were one of the funnest if not the funnest team Ive ever watched. If only he coulda put his pride aside and hired a real defensive coach (a few different times in his career)

54pnn.jpg

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Those of us who watched during D'Antoni's years remember that D'Antoni also LOVED switching way too much.

And, if you don't remember, two years ago, before Jeremy Lin went and saved D'Antoni's job, it was the Knicks' offense, not their defense, that was really terrible. In spite of D'Antoni's purported "offensive skills" he couldn't make Melo and STAT work together.

D'Antoni sucks because he's not great on defense and doesn't know how to work with players who have different offensive skills.

Woodson sucks because his idea of offense is just ISO-everyone

So...yeah.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
The fact that I'm not getting the ball in the post affects directly my aggressiveness. When I'm not getting the ball where I want to, where I'm most effective, where I can bang guys and utilize my skill, that affects my aggressiveness and overall intensity. ...
What do you think? I'm not going to say anything, but it's easy to see. You see a guy with a certain skill set, where does it fit better, where it doesn't.-Pau Gasol

LOL good old D'Antoni

Papajoe

Benchwarmer
at least woodson has been has been successful with two groups of players. d'antoni has never really had any type of success outside of his years with nash and stoudemire. to be honest, steve nash made d'antoni look a lot better as a coach than he actually is.

You are kidding right. D'Antoni had 4 60 win seasons in Phoenix and should have went to the finals if not for the fight against the Spurs. Woody has done nothing except run the same iso offense with Atlanta. He is boring and not creative. Dolan brought him in as a defensive bench coach under D'Antoni which as we can see is rather insulting to D'Antoni considering Woody's D now stinks. We lost a great coach and traded away or lost all our young players (Gallo, Chandler, Mozgov, Lin, etc) for a one dimensional unathletic Melo. And we are now tons over the cap. It's start over time, YET AGAIN. Either that or bring Isiah back to coach and change the name of the team to Ringling Brothers and Barnam and Bailey Circus. Better to make it a real circus than pretend they are trying to win basketball games.

DOLAN-SELL THE TEAM