Chris Smith Demoted

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. Despite being sent to the BayHawks Smith remains on the Knicks roster. In other words, in order to sign Tyler we'd have to cut Chris first. Another problem is, Tyler still hasn't officially signed with Erie. Our D-League team only holds his rights. So, this is probably how it's gonna work: Tyler is a week or two away from his rehab timetable, in a matter of days he signs with the BayHawks and plays there for a while, then the Knicks cut Chris and sign Tyler. IMO Jeremy will be a Knick a soon as early December. Also, we could wait on Tyler and pick up Leslie, who's already a BayHawk and booked 19 pts and 16 boards in the season opener. He's a talented SF who could contribute, especially now with MWP out.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
The only reason he's being sent down is to become less of a distraction to the media....only our franchise would do something maddenly absurd as this.

I wouldn't even play horse in my driveway with this SCRUMB!

petescud

Starter
I wouldn't even play horse in my driveway with this SCRUMB!

yeah, thats the way everyone see's it (including B. Jennings...lol)

clumsy

Rotation player
The fact he is even on our roster is indicative of why the Knicks have been terrible for so many years (I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel either). James Dolan is without a doubt one of the worst basketball minds as an owner and has too much of an ego to let Basketball minds properly do their jobs. I'm sure he is a great boss to work for, but if you want a winning product he won't ever provide it. He's like the Cowboys owner now.

It doesn't sound like he will ever hire a real basketball mind who goes against the grain like Daryl Morey (The Rockets have consistently found productive NBA players in the mid round drafts, and also find value in things that are under valued). He will only hire yes men until the day he sells or dies

metrocard

Legend
The fact he is even on our roster is indicative of why the Knicks have been terrible for so many years (I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel either). James Dolan is without a doubt one of the worst basketball minds as an owner and has too much of an ego to let Basketball minds properly do their jobs. I'm sure he is a great boss to work for, but if you want a winning product he won't ever provide it. He's like the Cowboys owner now.

It doesn't sound like he will ever hire a real basketball mind who goes against the grain like Daryl Morey (The Rockets have consistently found productive NBA players in the mid round drafts, and also find value in things that are under valued). He will only hire yes men until the day he sells or dies

This is all you need to know.