carmelo_anthony.png

andre_drummond.png
andrea_bargnani.png

kentavious_caldwell-pope.png
raymond_felton.png

brandon_jennings.png
iman_shumpert.png

Game Preview

After going at it on Twitter last week, New York's J.R. Smith and Detroit's Brandon Jennings are ready to battle on the court. Both players will try to get their struggling teams on track Tuesday night as the visiting Knicks go for an eighth consecutive win over the Pistons. While Smith denied any bad intent, he was fined $25,000 after using "hostile and inappropriate language" during a Twitter exchange with Jennings, who originally made a belittling comment regarding Smith's younger brother, Chris.

Chris Smith was sent down to New York's Development League affiliate Monday after failing to get into any of the first nine games.

The Knicks have had a rough go of it, dropping six of eight since beating Milwaukee in their season opener. Smith, who averaged a career-best 18.1 points last season, has posted just 9.8 on 22.6 percent shooting in four games since returning from suspension.

New York (3-6) is allowing 99.7 points per contest after giving up 95.7 last season.

"We keep digging ourselves deeper and deeper - I know it's early in the season, you've got to take it day by day - but at the rate this is going, we're going to be in too deep of a hole to dig out," forward Carmelo Anthony said. "It ain't got nothing to do with making shots or missing shots. We're just not doing it on the other end. We're not defending, we're not giving no effort. We're not playing right now."

New York is hoping to avoid a third straight loss after falling 110-90 to Atlanta on Saturday. Anthony had 23 points and 12 rebounds as the Knicks allowed the Hawks to shoot 56.4 percent.

"I think everything that we're doing is correctable, but I think effort has got to come behind it a little bit more and we've got to be true to ourselves, because we're not playing well as a unit right now," coach Mike Woodson said.

"We've got to figure out who we are. ... That's the only shot I think we're going to have in terms of getting back in the winner's circle consistently."

(source)

uber

Benchwarmer
Nice Thread. Although i've read that Felton isn't going to play because of hip problems?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Nice Thread. Although i've read that Felton isn't going to play because of hip problems?
Yup, at this point Ray's day-to-day. Udrih's gonna start, don't know about Murry yet, would be great if he got some burn. It can go two ways now, or we're playing way better with Udrih running the point and all members calling for benching Ray have their point or we play as bad as we did before and Felton isn't as much a problem as some people think he's.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Our offense definitely looks more smooth with Udrih in the lineup, but defensively we're as bad as we were before.

Kiyaman

Legend
Some knick fans wanted Melo to pass instead of scoring five points on 2 for2....

Melo need to score in the 2nd half of the game rather than explode in the first quarter.
They say Prigioni is 10-19 from the 3-ball line this season.
Like the K-mart & Amare lineup