New York Knicks @ Detroit Pistons 11/19/2013 7:30PM

xk3smith

Benchwarmer
I wish people would stop calling for Woody's job. Nobody, I repeat, NOBODY can coach this current team to a win.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
I wish people would stop calling for Woody's job. Nobody, I repeat, NOBODY can coach this current team to a win.

This team has almost the same roster as from last year We won 54 games, remember?
Now they dont play hard period. When that happens, it usually coaches fault.

tiger0330

Legend
This team has almost the same roster as from last year We won 54 games, remember?
Now they dont play hard period. When that happens, it usually coaches fault.
The team is nothing like it was last year without JKidd, KT, Camby, Sheed, Cope and Novak. Our hot start last year was because of the 3pt shooting, this year Felton and JR are shooting less than 30% so I would say it's not all Woody's fault. Chandler is out, Felton has been playing with a hammy, JR is ice cold and coming off of knee surgery, I think it gets better when these guys get healthy and start playing up to their career averages. Bargnani has been a pleasant surprise and if Woody listened to fans like me or MSG fans that booed him, he would be sitting on the bench so Woody does know something about players and the game.

Kiyaman

Legend
Melo is a top 15-20 NBA player. Why does it have to be on him? JR Smith went 2-9 from 3pt land and has been shooting 22% all season. Amare Stoudemire is the worst big man in the NBA right now offensively and defensively, he's even worse than Kendrick Perkins. He can't hit an open jumpshot, rebound, pass, post up, defend, contest a jumpshot or even jump. He's in retirement mode trying to play like he was a Phoenix Sun. Raymond Felton is currently ranked last in the NBA amongst NBA PG's in efficiency, added to the fact he plays defense as bad as Jose Calderon...how can any team in the NBA contend? Tyson Chandler is injury prone, he has weak legs and can't absorb NBA contact 82 games a year. Since when the NBA became One vs One?

Before you blame Melo, ask yourself who does Melo have to pass the ball to? Tim Hardaway Jr? Iman Shumpert? Kenyon Martin? Bargnani has shot the ball well but he can't even be on the floor for too long because he rebounds and plays defense as bad as Amare.

An NBA leads itself to an NBA championship. LeBron couldn't do it without Wade and Boston, KG couldn't do without Rondo, Allen and Pierce...Kobe and Wade couldn't do it without Shaq. Melo is the least of the Knicks problem. We have a bad roster, without Melo we become the worst team in the NBA by far.

We need to revamp this entire roster. If we have to trade Melo to do it, I don't mind. But this isn't Melo's fault.

Melo average 40 minutes per game in a offense design for ISO-Melo .. that's above 60% of the credit for WINS or LOSSES.
How well is Melo's chemistry with his teammates?
does Melo communicate well with teammates?
does Melo double-team well with teammates?
does Melo lead by example with his teammates?
has Melo patent a certain design tag-team move with a teammate?
Melo & JR are going into their 8th season as teammates, hows their chemistry on offense/defense as a tag-team?
When none of lastseason "Old-Heads" showed up on our roster or coaching-staff this season, all the Melo question were answered.

Metro .... this is what a 40 minute Super-Star player does ....
Recall the Phoenix Suns with HC Dantoni, Nash, and Amare receiving all the star celebrity status for being a top-contender team with the SSOL system. And no media/press ever mentioning the most minute played player on the Suns each season, who happen to be the best player on the roster averaging 41 minutes per game for 5 straight years, untill the Suns traded him for Shaq.
Shawn Matrix Marion was the player/coach/captain/and the creator of the SSOL system on the Phoenix Suns.
When reunited with ex-Suns teammate Kidd on the Dallas Mavs Shawn Marion got his Championship Ring...

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
The team is nothing like it was last year without JKidd, KT, Camby, Sheed, Cope and Novak. Our hot start last year was because of the 3pt shooting, this year Felton and JR are shooting less than 30% so I would say it's not all Woody's fault. Chandler is out, Felton has been playing with a hammy, JR is ice cold and coming off of knee surgery, I think it gets better when these guys get healthy and start playing up to their career averages. Bargnani has been a pleasant surprise and if Woody listened to fans like me or MSG fans that booed him, he would be sitting on the bench so Woody does know something about players and the game.

Nothing like it was last year? Kidd was playing at shooting guard position and was great when he was making 3 point shots in in the beginning of the season. Now Sheed was always injured, was great when he was playing, but was not really playing last year, KT and Camby were beanch warmers, so you cant count them in. Novak was not a factor last year because he lost his shooting touch and we know if he couldnt shoot, he was usless. Cope was our second best offenceve player but Woody wouldnt trust him and kept him on the bench most of the time. Chandler? I know he is out now, but its not like we were world beaters when he was playing.
My point is, all the key players are the same and they are not playing hard. Even Melo said that recently.
We should beat Detroit with what we have right now easily, but we are not playing hard at all. Not playing smart bball is another subject for discussion.
Not playing hard+playing dumb bball = coaches fault.