are Knicks dead team right now or disaster?

kinein

Benchwarmer
Dying. The Knicks went into full-blown win now mode after letting Lin go and signing a bunch of end of life players. This was to BE expected - you don't go top 3 oldest teams in the league and expect a shelf-life beyond 1-3 years. 3 years MAX if your guys can stay healthy. When even your youngest promising guy has 2 surgeries ALREADY (shumpert) the slide is already in full-blown fall apart mode. Hopefully they can get it together and at least start winning some games. At this point its Volume Shooter fest which means you will have a few games you win big - it'll be amazing, but statistically you will lose many more games due to the emphasis on Volume Shooting. Losing the old guys after this past season really hurt the team - those MEN were key to the Win Now Plan.

I think 1 of the biggest mistakes was giving up Jared Jeffries - that guy had more HEART than the entire current Roster combined.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
It might be yet another conspiracy theory, but I believe there may a be a deal in works in order to get us our pick back. It's impossible that a basketball team with that much talent (because we do have talent) has a .214 record 14 games into the season. What I've seen so far is pretty much a lack of everything; to me appears that this team isn't even trying. I'd say we are tanking, but this organization is too proud to admit it. I've never seen a team that would drop from 2nd in the conference to the 2nd last. It just doesn't happen, especially with a superstar and the 6th man of the year on board. Let's be honest, the year D'Antoni resigned we had a way worse team than now; freaking Tony Douglas was our starting PG, Mike Bibby backed him up and Jared Jeffries was our backup PF/C. And we still had a .500 record. So, how dafuq are we a .214 team now?

Last edited:
tanking. for what? Denver has our lottery pick. what are we tanking for. and with dantoni melo bagged it in. this years he's technically the second best pf in the NBA next to love at 26-10. beasting every game. its a mix bag of trade rumors with shump. Felton being hurt. chandler being out all year. Jr and his suspension. ten different starting lineups. no back up center. and an over sized shooting small forward starting for us at center.

I said this before and ill say it again people.

other teams are just better.

yes we have talent. but if u go player for player. outside of melo. our talent isn't better than half the league. go position for position. we don't have a top 15 center. don't have a top 20 sg or pg and our bench is awful.

u need three top ten positional players and atleast one top 15 bench player to win in the league today. we have one top ten player in melo which in some circles is debatable.

how are we so blinded by knick propaganda to believe the talent we lay out there on the floor is a solid team.

take a team like the bobcats for example. awful basketball team. however. they have a better PG in walker. a better as of right now sg in Henderson. a better center it pf in al Jefferson than us. a better back up PG in sessions. and better defensive wing players in Gilchrist and better defensive big men in bismack and Jefferson.

do I believe we are a better team yes but are we definitively more talented than a perennial lottery team like Charlotte. absolutely not.

all we have is melo who has been battling and yet we still lose.

lets put it this way.

a lineup of

Kemba walker
Gerald Henderson.
Carmelo
al Jefferson
Bismack bayombo

with a bench of

sessions
Kidd Gilchrist
Haywood
Ben Gordon
cody zellar

I posit would be 8-6 right now. as all players would know their role. play defense regardless of touches. and would balance melo in all areas of his strengths and weakness

need I say more?

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Other teams are just better?. Charlotte? Is this a joke?
How do you explain that #2 team in the east from last year is now second worst?
And please, dont tell me that this team is much different from last year, because all the main players are still here.
We got rid of KT, Camby-bench warmers, Sheed who was always injured, Kidd, who was good initially but lost his shooting touch quickly and was very ineffective in the second part of the season, Novak, who was usless last year and Copland, good offensive player but Woody had him on the bench most of the time.
We added Bargniani who is a very nice offensive player, can block some shots, Ron Artest, who should make our defense better with added toughness.
I know we lost Tyson due to the injury early this season, but we didnt look very good when he was playing.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
The Future

Other than Melo and Chandler, there is very little talent on the Knicks. Felton is adequate at best. Shumpert is currently lost. JR has always been inconsistent, and is not much of a trade chip. Hardaway, Jr. might have some upside, but he was not even a star in college. Jeremy Tyler has an upside, but he certainly is not going to save the season Bargnani can not play defense. We have no first round picks in 2014 or 2016 as a result, respectively, of the Melo and Bargnani trades. Melo is expected to opt out of the last year of his contract at the end of this season. With him we would have committed salaries next year of approximately $93M. Thus, even without him, we would remain over the cap. We can give Melo a five year contract totaling $129M. Absent a sign and trade, another team can provide only a four year contract for a four year total of about $96M. I do not expect that the Melo LaLa team would want locations other than LA or New York. I expect Melo would love to join Paul and the Clippers, but the Clippers are capped out. I doubt they are willing to give up Griffin in a sign and trade. DeAndre has the next highest salary and it is only approximately $11M. I do not see a sign and trade with the Clippers. I can not see Melo going to the Lakers. Will D'Antoni still be there? They do not have much to offer in a sign and trade, though Gasol is a possibility. I expect we will keep Melo, but be burdened with a max contract extending until Melo is 36 years old. He plays hard -- at least on offense --and takes a beating. How good will he be at 35 and 36? I see several more years of mediocrity unless we really luck out in the 2015 draft and in the 2015 free agency market.

its actually not a joke. teams since last year got significantly better. the Knicks got worse. my point was all we have is melo and a hurt chandler. outside of that. we over achieved last year by going on two amazing runs. the middle of the year we were god awful. I don't care how good we were last year. the make up of our squad was much different than it is this year.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2