Rumors: Knicks Could Pursue John Calipari

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
I dont think Caliparis personality is competable with NBA players. I still remember J.Williams comment (when Calipari was NJ Nets coach)about him: "that little italian?"
He can coach college players, nba rookies, thats about it.

bigapple

Starter
no college coaches into NBA team this is diffrent world diffrent rules

i remember there was Pitino in Boston he wanted contract for 10 years and said he will create complete dynasty with Celtics that will be winning everything.

Broadway

All Star
CAA going for the juggler with our franchise...

If he's pursued and hired I can see the CBA being heavily modified like we've never seen before.

paris401

Starter
he's coaching at the number 1 college ... he has the choice of the cream of the crop every year... he's making a boatload of $$$$... he is universally loved in Kentucky...

but I do see the attraction of coming to MSG... where else can he coach JR smith, or mr softy...I mean the I-talian.. or the little fireplug (u can call me ray)... melo...amare... the list goes on and on..

yep... there is def an attraction coming to 7th ave....

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Calipari would suck as an NBA coach. NBA coaching is about strategy and game planning, NCAA coaching is about recruiting and finding talent and breaking as many rules as possible while not getting caught...he'd suck in MSG and get run out of town kinda like Pitino was run out of Boston

Kiyaman

Legend
Calipari would suck as an NBA coach. NBA coaching is about strategy and game planning, NCAA coaching is about recruiting and finding talent and breaking as many rules as possible while not getting caught...he'd suck in MSG and get run out of town kinda like Pitino was run out of Boston

We dont have a GM .. we dont want Mills trying to be a interim GM for the 2014-15 season.
We r eFFed this regular-season waiting on Dolan to call the shots, and interim GM Mills to make the move.
Those two hold all the Knicks decision-making for the 2013-14 season.

We dont have enough draft picks in the next 3 years to go after Calipari .. plus an all NBA veteran roster would feel uncomfortable with Calapari at HC

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Except there aren't really that many violations you can commit in the NBA that'll give you an advantage on the floor or get you certain players...Calipari breaks the rules in the NCAA because he basically pays his players...that's not an advantage in the NBA because these guys are already paid tons, and in the case of our team, they're paid tons to not win