This team looks better with Beno @ PG

petescud

Starter
Yep, this past game at least..Ray looks much worse without Chandler. Beno on the other hand looked very good against a great Pacer team....i still can't get used to his off balanced shots though...lol

tiger0330

Legend
We'll see if Beno can deliver, he hasn't looked good in the pre-season or in limited minutes but with Felton out he'll get a chance to prove himself. TC and Felton's injury may be a blessing in disguise. Bargnani has proven to be a capable 5 and if Beno shows something at PG we might be have a team in the making.

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
Woody's hard on for Felton and JR and his disdain for Shump will the demise of this team. New starting 5 regardless of injuries should be :
Beno
Shump
Melo
AB
Tyson

That my friends is a winning combination (providing certain peeps step up their defensive game :afro: )

knickerbocker12

Benchwarmer
Prigioni
Smith
Metta
Melo
Chandler

Beno/Murry
Felton/Hardaway Jr.
Shump/
Martin/Stoudemire
Bargnani/Aldrich

I think this would maybe make more sense. Prigioni shouldn't be playing more than 25 minutes a night, but he shouldn't be playing less than 20, which he's been subject to frequently. His main job should be facilitating/controlling Smith and Melo.

I like the idea of Bargnani staying at C, and being the focal point of the second unit's offense. Martin helping on D makes some sense, but Bargnani has shown a willingness to be agressive on both ends recently. I still don't think he's 100%, but I think he could be a powerful weapon as the 6th man when Chandler is back.

This is the best balance of O and D that I can think of....

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Woody just loves Felton for some odd reasons so this won't happen

Lets see if Woodson is smart enough to recognize that Beno is a better point guard than Felton after that game vs Pacers. I know, its just one game and Beno started by making mistakes initially, but as the game progressed, i could see that his bball iq is light years ahead of Feltons

Kiyaman

Legend
Beno played NBA b.ball for one reason and one reason only .. Beno wasnt given spot minutes in the Pacer's game.
Beno was given 10 minute runs with veteran SG-Shump, and then JR.
Woody been playing Beno for spot minutes in lineups with rookie THJ for the past 10 games.
It took Felton to be injured a game for HC Woodson to see Beno work better with a vet SG.
Mike Woodson maybe over did it playing rookie THJ when he been losing 3 games in a row twice...

tiger0330

Legend
We have won ZERO games since he's been starting. If he had ignited a win streak like JLin did I would say he was clearly better than Felton but he hasn't.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
I still think that Beno is a better point guard than Felton for one simple reason-IQ.
But lets be honest here, they both are second unit players and we are going nowhere with that kind of play from most important position.
We need a real coach and a floor general who can run the offense. Just by changing those two things, i guarantee we will see a winning team.

bigapple

Starter
can some1 answer me

why Woodson loves crap players like Danotni likes Duhon?

Whooson loves JR bricks love Felton To's and overdribbling
STAT To's and offesive fouls

Why alltime cruch moments ball is goin to MELO?
why he is not putting more time for TH Murry is not playing Aldrich scored just 2 seconds vs PAcers