You think Woody is bad. Jason Kidd is worse!!

tiger0330

Legend
I remarked in a post that I would love if Jason Kidds Nets went 6-19 and Kidd got fired as the coach. Well it appears the Nets might be on their way to that kind of record, well maybe not 6-19 but well below expectations for that team. The irony is that JKidd just might keep his job despite the record because the Nets management has put a lot on the line with his hiring and putting that team together. Looks like Kidd is being called out as the worst coach in the league, delegating most of the play calling to his assistants and his inexperience showing.

Knicks still rule NY Paul Pierce.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-becoming-brooklyn-nets-biggest-question-mark

[h=1]Jason Kidd's Competence Quickly Becoming Brooklyn Nets' Biggest Question Mark[/h]
[h=3]By Howard Beck

(NBA National Columnist ) on November 19, 2013[/h] 279k reads

Share Tweet

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more storiesNext
ScreenShot2013-11-19at2.53.44PM_original_original_crop_north.jpg
Getty Images
BROOKLYN ? In an audacious offseason of binge-spending and headline-grabbing, the boldest, riskiest move the Brooklyn Nets made was the one that started it all.
On June 12, the Nets hired Jason Kidd?just days removed from his retirement as a point guard?as their head coach, in the belief that his Hall of Fame basketball mind would be just as effective on the bench as it was on the court.
The trade that would bring Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce to Brooklyn, boosting the Nets? profile and luxury-tax bill, would not be hatched for another two weeks. Kidd would play a key role, helping convince his two former peers to accept the trade. The sales job was rather straightforward: Come lead us to a championship.
The deal turned the Nets into contenders and placed Kidd in a precarious position: as a rookie head coach charged with fusing five All-Stars, two of them in their late 30s, into a cohesive, title-contending team.
The extent of that challenge, and the strain, was clear late Monday night at Barclays Center, as Kidd tried to account for a 108-98 thumping by the Portland Trail Blazers, the Nets? seventh loss in 10 games.
?Just bad coaching,? Kidd said, his paisley tie hanging loose, his face unshaven and his eyes reddish. ?I take the blame for this.?

Kidd did not elaborate, other than to say his team was not properly prepared for the second half, in which the Nets were outscored 52-35.
It is surely too soon to judge Kidd?s coaching acumen, but it is fair to wonder whether he was ready for this job, on this stage, with these weighty expectations.
A veteran scout, interviewed earlier in the day and speaking on the condition of anonymity, called Kidd?s bench comportment ?terrible,? observing that the play-calling has fallen mostly to his top assistants, Lawrence Frank and John Welch.
?He doesn?t do anything,? said the scout, who has watched the Nets several times. ?He doesn?t make calls. John Welch does all the offense. Lawrence does all the defense. ? I don?t know what Kidd does. I don?t think you can grade him and say he?s bad. You can give him an incomplete.?
The same scout said he had counted only 15 plays run by the Nets in the games he has watched. Multiple observers have noted that the Nets offense lacks any discernible flow, as if the stars are all simply taking turns with the ball.
Last week, ESPN?s David Thorpe, who also works as a skills coach to a number of NBA players, called Kidd ?the worst coach in the NBA.?
hi-res-187661788-head-coach-jason-kidd-deron-williams-and-andrei_crop_exact.jpg
Ned Dishman/Getty Images

?He has a long way to go to figure this out,? Thorpe said.
The Nets might not have time to wait. Garnett is 37 and is looking like it. Pierce is 36. The roster will cost nearly $190 million in salary and luxury-tax penalties, a massive sum even for Mikhail Prokhorov, the Nets? free-spending billionaire owner.
The mounting losses and the immense expectations are taking their toll. After Monday?s loss, the Nets kept their locker room closed for 30 minutes, in violation of NBA rules. When it did open, only three players stayed to address reporters: Jason Terry, Shaun Livingston and rookie Mason Plumlee.
Pierce and Garnett, the Nets? venerated leaders, quietly slipped away after the locker room had emptied, after a team spokesman said they would not be speaking.
?It?s early,? insisted Terry, who also implored, ?It?s not the end of the world,? phrases that sound reasonable in mid-November but will ring hollow in December if the struggles continue.
?When they put this thing together, they didn?t say it was going to happen right away,? Terry said.
hi-res-450455557-kevin-garnett-of-the-brooklyn-nets-sits-on-the-bench-at_crop_exact.jpg
Maddie Meyer/Getty Images

The Nets have just one win in their last six games?an overtime victory in Phoenix last Friday?and it took Joe Johnson?s buzzer-beater to get it.
It is easy enough to dismiss the early struggles as a product of injuries and of a scarcity of practice time with an overhauled roster. Deron Williams, the star point guard, and Andrei Kirilenko, the do-everything sixth man, missed most of training camp. Kirilenko has played in just four games. Williams and center Brook Lopez, whose low-post scoring is critical, have missed the last two games. Pierce and Garnett also sat out Saturday night?s loss to the Los Angeles Clippers.
Team officials will continue to preach patience, albeit through gritted teeth.
?I mean, there?s concern,? general manager Billy King said before Monday night?s loss. ?But it?s not overly concerned.?
King remained fervent in his support of Kidd, saying, ?I knew it was going to take time. But his instincts will take over.?
The Nets can take some solace in the general disarray of the Eastern Conference, where only four teams have winning records. Even at 3-7, the Nets are just one game out of first place in the Atlantic Division. They have 72 games to find their way.
They are fortunate to be playing in the shadow of the Knicks (3-6) who, with their unique blend of dysfunction and drama, continue to dominate the back pages of the tabloids.
(Indeed, the Nets should also be grateful to be working for the genial, easygoing Prokhorov, rather than the impulsive and ham-handed James L. Dolan, who treats general managers and coaches like disposable accessories.)
If Kidd were a lesser name, or a veteran in the final year of his contract, he might be in serious jeopardy. But team officials are so strong in their belief, and so invested in the fairy-tale vision of Kidd carrying the Nets back to the finals, as he did a decade ago, that there is no choice but to keep supporting him.
Few doubt the Nets have the talent and depth to contend. They will eventually, presumably, regain their good health. Garnett, who is shooting just 32.6 percent, may regain his bounce. But their fate may still rest with the legend on the bench, the one with the tight-fitting suits and the hundred-mile stare.
Kidd is blaming himself. The Nets can only hope he?s wrong.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Hey Tiger. You think Woody is a better coach?
Give Nets some time. They have very good players with tons of experience and championship rings.
They struggle now for obvious reasons. Their playmaker and Lopez went down with injuries before they had a chance to develop chemistry. You know it takes time for right chemistry with so many new pieces, right?
Kidd will be fine, and nets will have a better regular season record than us. That is my prediction. I hope i am wrong with this one.

metrocard

Legend
It's been like 10 games into the regular season and we're already calling Jason Kidd a failed coach?

Can the mods delete this thread? This isn't even worth discussion.

The worst topics are people who decide MVP's, what the 8 teams for the playoffs will look like and what teams will be in the lottery.

It's an 82 game season.

Not 40 or 50 games.

Marc Gasol, Derrick Rose and Andre Iguodala just got injured and that changes a long because all these guys are legit top 30 players.

This season is still young.

It doesn't change the fact Mike Woodson is a BAD coach and comparing him to a rookie coach won't make Woodson look better.

Kidd's team isn't even 100% healthy. Williams needs to get his **** together and Lopez needs to stay on the floor. They can't depend on Pierce and KG.

tiger0330

Legend
Hey Tiger. You think Woody is a better coach?
Give Nets some time. They have very good players with tons of experience and championship rings.
They struggle now for obvious reasons. Their playmaker and Lopez went down with injuries before they had a chance to develop chemistry. You know it takes time for right chemistry with so many new pieces, right?
Kidd will be fine, and nets will have a better regular season record than us. That is my prediction. I hope i am wrong with this one.
No question Woody is a better coach. Kidd is delegating his play calling to his assistants, Kidd has a lot to learn and admits it. I'm not calling Kidd the worst coach David Thorpe of ESPN did and Howard Beck wrote the article "Jason Kidd's Competence Quickly Becoming Brooklyn Nets' Biggest Question Mark". Woj also did a piece saying basically that he wasn't ready to take a head coaching job and it's basically OJT for him and hopefully he figures it out. Bold and imo a stupid move by Prokhorov and King to put the the Nets in the hands of a rookie coach without any coaching experience whatsoever.

It is early and I said that team looked great on paper all the way down the line so they should have been able to weather some injuries, I just don't think guys like Johnson and Williams have been playing well enough and Garnett and Pierce are past their primes so I question if this is a championship team and if they miss the playoffs that will be the story of the year in the NBA, having a $180M payroll and dealing all your draft picks and not go deep into the playoffs will be considered a monumental failure.

Kiyaman

Legend
Mike Woodson 3-8 record is actually following a rookie HC Kidd's record, which dont look good when ur in the same city, and ur boss are competing for NYC Fans, and the tourist fans from a competitor 15 minutes away by "A" train.
It's not like Woodson doesnt have 8 veteran players from lastseason 54 win team on the roster.

Jason Kidd shouldve never let the Nets organization give him a puppet top-assistant coach Frank. Payback.
Kidd does not have one decent PG on the Nets roster..
Taylor & Livingston belong in the D.League, and Deron Williams has lost a step each season that HC Sloan has retired.
I would trade Deron Williams ASAP for a uptempo passing PG like Ty Lawson, Jeremy Lin, or Isiiah Thomas.
And having tier-3 PG with a slow ISO-Joe Johnson on the court for more than 24 minutes is a 3-9 record.

KingCharles34

All Star
I receive great pleasure from watching the Nets struggle early on. If they can get healthy they're probably a top 3 team in the east now that Rose is done for a while. Thats why I wish the Knicks had gotten off to a better start, we need to separate ourselves from them while we can. Winning the division is very important if we wanna make it to the 2nd round

bigapple

Starter
Nets r playing without their key PG its about 4 games without him. Its like no MELO for Knicks for 5 games .

erivera

Benchwarmer
the funny thing about kidd and the net's struggles is that in the offseason they wanted to run the city. now they're happy the knicks are still talked about more than them because if people talked more about the nets we'd see more articles like this.

tiger0330

Legend
Larry Franks was demoted by JKidd and will no longer be sitting on the bench during games or attending the practices but instead will be filing daily reports to earn his 1M salary. Kidd is in over his head, why not just fire him if he's not going to be doing any coaching.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Larry Franks was demoted by JKidd and will no longer be sitting on the bench during games or attending the practices but instead will be filing daily reports to earn his 1M salary. Kidd is in over his head, why not just fire him if he's not going to be doing any coaching.

You cant just fire him without giving him a chance with a full roster. Key players are still injured. But i have to say that, his problem could be that his players dont play hard for him for some reason. If that continues, he will be fired for sure.
Honestly, i think L.Frank would have been a better choise for HC position.

tiger0330

Legend
You cant just fire him without giving him a chance with a full roster. Key players are still injured. But i have to say that, his problem could be that his players dont play hard for him for some reason. If that continues, he will be fired for sure.
Honestly, i think L.Frank would have been a better choise for HC position.
I actually meant they should have fired Frank outright instead of giving him a BS job like filing reports. Nets have rolled the dice on that team and JKidd and like you say Billy King and Prokhorov aren't going to fire JKidd like they did Avery until all the players are back healthy and they prove one way or the other that this team works or doesn't.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Yeah, on paper this team looks good, and they have to give them some time when all players are healthy.
Before this season started, i actually ranked them as high as #3 after the Heat and Pacers.
Nets were built with the win in mind within next 1 or 2 years, but it doesnt look that way.
Just like in business, calculated risk does not always bring positive results.
I think the biggest mistake on their part was to hire J.Kid, who has never even worked as an assistant coach.

its too early.

The Nets have a bunch of talent and experience; I think they will be playing way better sooner than later. Kidd and Frank had different philosophies so I?m suspecting that was a big issue for the team? along with untimely injuries to key players. Will Kidd cut it as a coach? I don?t know, but he seems to be getting much praise around the league for having a coaching mind ever since he entered the league. Time will tell?

The Knicks only real excuse is the absence of Chandler. The coaching, the player?s heart, and locker room unity is in question. Time is telling?

Still, it?s too early in the season and none of us can predict the future?but our crystal balls should be a whole lot clearer after the allstar break.

Knicks have all the motivation they need to make a swift turn around, but Woody needs to get his team to feed off of that and rise to the occasion. Kidd seems to have a unified roster, no egotism,no defeatism, no lack of heart... just a lack of youth. Woody seems to be losing confidence in some of his players, some players seem to be losing respect for others, losing seems to be discouraging them instead of motivating them. Hopefully, all this pressure will serve the Bockers well. These are the times that define what a team is really made of.

Interesting times in the city...

Kiyaman

Legend

Like I said last month, "Jason Kidd shouldve never let the Nets organization give him a puppet top-assistant coach Frank."
Payback is a B..... The Nets GM could be next .. Philly Philly Philly

Utah HC Sloan made it clear .. Deron Williams is not the PG to build a winning team around .. or the PG u depend on game after game, Deron have to many excuses. The Nets need a veteran PG like Barea, or Nate to bring energy on the court when u have a PG like Deron.

paris401

Starter
the nets thought they could squeeze one (poss 2) seasons out of kg/pp... well the celtics ran em dry, and only thing left is fumes...

i thought they would be sucking wind in the latter part of the season (april/may), but these guys have little to nutin left to give... i think its going to be a long and ugly season in ny...

metrocard

Legend
Jason Kidd may be the most judged head coach within a 15 game timeline. People are already calling for him to be fired.

Didn't know the regular season was 15 games.

Kiyaman

Legend
Deron -vs- Melo

During the 2010-11 season we were in desperate need to trade for a ledgit scorer at SG on the trade deadline.
The two star players on the trading-block at the time were Melo & Deron, their star-status confused teams of their needs, I know it confused us bc we were set at the SF & PF spot, and PG-Felton was having the best season of his career.
Then Denver threw a cherry in the trade by adding Super-Star Chuancey Billups in the Melo-trade ..
I was only happy about getting Billups. Although, I had wish we did a two-player swap for Deron Williams.
But now, after watching Deron inconsistency with many excuses the past two season as a Nets.
Im glad Deron is not a Knicks.
Not that I favor Melo as a Knicks, but trading a unpredictable-team ISO-Melo is much easier than trading a excuse-player Deron Williams this season.

Who is Shiiiiiiitin on their team the most this season?
A) Deron?
B) Melo?

com'on give ur opinion