New York Knicks @ Portland Trail Blazers 11/25/2013 10:00PM

mafra

Legend
Come on people. This team needs to build Chemistry. Give it time. Ok, I cannot hold back the laughter anymore.

Is it possible to have such pathetic guard play? 6 points and 4 assists and 3 turnovers on 2-12 shooting (0-4 from 3) from Shump, Smith and Prigs trio! Toss in the DNP-CD from our first round selection. How can we compete? Enough of calling out Melo or our defense. We barely score 90 points a game.

Still cannot fathom why JR thinks he can be ice cold, but then start chucking threes the moment we have amy hope for a comeback. Did he graduate High School? 2 points 3 out of every 5 possessions equals 6. 1 made three every five possessions equals 3.

We have no viable, starting caliber point or shooting guard. No center now with the TC injury. We might as well start five power forwards and completely mock the sport Naismith started.

Kiyaman

Legend
Lillard's 4th qtr. performance on offense/defense are why he won ROY, plus leading Felton's ex-teammates to a 11 game win streak in his 2nd season.

ISO-Melo wins again having 34 pts, 15 rb, 3 ast, 1 st, 1 blk, in 44 minutes of playingtime ..
Melo did all his scoring & rebounding after Portland took a 13 point lead in the first qtr.,
Portland held a 22 to 7 point lead all game .. we lost by 11 points, but Melo Won his stats...

On to the 10-5 LA Clippers on Wednesday

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Monday Night RAW has been terrible AND boring. The Knicks have been terrible/bad. I'm not even mad or anything now. This has taken me very low.

mafra

Legend
Our starting guard combo combined for two points in the first half. Let's stop bashing Melo. You think if we had Gallinari, Chandler and the Moz we would be any better? I guess if we had Lee, Randolph, Crawford and J-Lynn things would look brighter... But idiot Walsh gave our team away to get Lebron.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
So now we depend on Chandler to come back??!! the whole team is garbage without him? and what if is injured again? we go 3-10 again?? what is happening!!!! if we really really will start to win again once he is back then there is definitely something wrong with the team, I can't understand what took this team from the second place east to lottery team!!!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
So now we depend on Chandler to come back??!! the whole team is garbage without him? and what if is injured again? we go 3-10 again?? what is happening!!!! if we really really will start to win again once he is back then there is definitely something wrong with the team, I can't understand what took this team from the second place east to lottery team!!!
Jason Kidd, Rasheed Wallace, Kurt Thomas, Chris Copeland

mafra

Legend
I wouldn't go that far... In baseball, you're as good as your starting pitcher allows (for the most part). In football, you ain't going anywhere unless you have a legit franchise QB. Teams look bad when they aren't hitting or when they're getting gashed by a RB. But it normally all stems from poor SP/QB. In today's NBA, it is all about the point guard. Teams don't run much offensive sets, or have fluidity to their rhythm... All Iso and P-&-R, ,with three-point shooting sprinkled in. Most teams can take away your best option on offense, or at least lower the player's efficiency. Our team is centered on a bull smallish forward.

We need a PG. Simple as that. If we had a player who could break a defense down and hit a jumper, layup, or make the pass and find the open man... Consistently... Everything else would work itself out.

Melo and Bargs and Amare and TC is about most of our payroll. It doesn't work bc they don't distribute and they don't run the offense.

i would call SAC and try to grab Vazquez or look at PHO and try to get Dragic. Rondo would be perfect, but he's in HOU by end of Feb. if we had a legit, distributing PG like Vazquez... We would see this thing turn around quickly. This is why we look unbeatable when FElton plays well. That only occurs 8% of the time though.

EVEN Miami, with all their star power, needed Chalmers to step up for them to win a title.

Kiyaman

Legend
Our starting guard combo combined for two points in the first half. Let's stop bashing Melo. You think if we had Gallinari, Chandler and the Moz we would be any better? I guess if we had Lee, Randolph, Crawford and J-Lynn things would look brighter... But idiot Walsh gave our team away to get Lebron.

Stop mentioning ex-players that are on teams with better records than us LMAO

Start mentioning Knick-players are sick of Woodson using them as spot-players in 20 different lineups with ISO-Melo 44 minute performance.
PG-Prig, PG-Beno, SG-Shump, SG-JR, SF-Meta, PF-K-Mart, PF-Stat, and PF-Barg, would all like to get 18 to 24 minutes with the same teammates in a lineup that had in the last game. This give the players a chance to GELL, and be more creative.
Didnt u notice Portland use 2 lineups to beat us at tip-off

mafra

Legend
Just go with Murray and Hardaway. Could they be any worse? I do not care how many defensive assignments they blow, we need offense right now. Doesn't Woody recall that Dantoni sat idly with Jeremy Lynn on the bench, afraid to use him? Just let Murray pay. See if he an play, and if not ... Ship him out.

Kiyaman

Legend
I wouldn't go that far... In baseball, you're as good as your starting pitcher allows (for the most part). In football, you ain't going anywhere unless you have a legit franchise QB. Teams look bad when they aren't hitting or when they're getting gashed by a RB. But it normally all stems from poor SP/QB. In today's NBA, it is all about the point guard. Teams don't run much offensive sets, or have fluidity to their rhythm... All Iso and P-&-R, ,with three-point shooting sprinkled in. Most teams can take away your best option on offense, or at least lower the player's efficiency. Our team is centered on a bull smallish forward.

We need a PG. Simple as that. If we had a player who could break a defense down and hit a jumper, layup, or make the pass and find the open man... Consistently... Everything else would work itself out.

Melo and Bargs and Amare and TC is about most of our payroll. It doesn't work bc they don't distribute and they don't run the offense.

i would call SAC and try to grab Vazquez or look at PHO and try to get Dragic. Rondo would be perfect, but he's in HOU by end of Feb. if we had a legit, distributing PG like Vazquez... We would see this thing turn around quickly. This is why we look unbeatable when FElton plays well. That only occurs 8% of the time though.

EVEN Miami, with all their star power, needed Chalmers to step up for them to win a title.

Miami Heats PG-Charmer became a tier-1 starter PG after 1 season with the tandem Wade/Lebron.
And backup PG-Cole's skills has been improving since being on the Heats.
Lebron is best compared to Magic Johnson.

Our problem does not start at the PG .... it starts with a 44 minute no-chemistry ISO-Melo in every lineup.
It wasnt hard to notice how happy the Denver Nuggets players were when a 40 minute ISO-Melo was no longer in their rotation.
It wasnt hard to notice that Kidd, Sheed, K-Thomas, Camby, and K-Mart did not like Woodson coaching them and the bench-players as spot-minute-players in different lineups with a 40 minute ball-hoggin ISO-Melo in every lineup.
Plus having a ballhoggin JRsmith coming off the bench 3 minutes after tip-off to receive 33 minute per game.
It wasnt hard to figure out why we traded starter SG Brewer at the February deadline.

erivera

Benchwarmer
why is everybody talking about offense? when is this team going to win a game on defense? maybe they should focus on that instead of just one side of the court.

metrocard

Legend
1471309_573396889398417_2048751587_n.jpg

Meloball

Benchwarmer
Curse of the Bargnani.
It took us Raptors fans 7 years to get rid of him. I hope you guys can pass on the blackhole to someone else soon.

well fark. you know the seasons over when a Craptors fan comes and rubs **** in your face. Well played knicks.

Broadway

All Star
Orlando has the pick

No they don't. Denver has our pick and will send Orlando the lesser between theirs and ours.

As of right now if the season started today....We'd be in the Top 5 worst teams in the league with lots of ping pong chances to land Wiggins/Parker/Rest of Studs, while Denver would be in the playoffs as an 8th seed.

Guess which pick is being kept by Denver and being sent to Orlando?

skisloper

Starter

And all our draft picks. Yes better

LeFlume

All Star
Awesome guards :barf:

Iman Shumpert - 23 minutes, ZERO points, ZERO Assist,
Pablo Prigioni - 17 minutes, ZERO points, ONE Assist
JR Smith - 24 minutes, SIX points, THREE Assist.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Jason Kidd, Rasheed Wallace, Kurt Thomas, Chris Copeland

Kidd was good in the beginning of the season only, Sheed was always injured and was not even playing most of the time, KT was a good bench warmer along with Camby, Cope didnt play meaningfull meanitus due to lack of coacges trust, Novak was nat as good at all as the year before.
The point is, this team has the same key players and look at the results now.
Someone in this thread said that Woodson has lost this team and i agree. Thats how i can explain this chaos.