New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Clippers 11/27/2013 10:30PM

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
There is no specific player to blame anymore.

This team is just BAD. inside and out.

From the coaching to the execution. 30 wins would be a gift.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
And that's why I keep saying, trade everyone, keep only Chandler + low salary players like Shump and Hardaway, let the bad contracts expire. It'll take some time and many will question why keep Chandler while trading Melo, but this is the way to rebuild. Melo's looking for a max deal, which we can't afford, while Tyson will resign for peanuts compared to his worth. I mean, max. $10M and you keep one of the best centers in the league.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah I mean...how is it possible for a team that hasn't changed that much since last year to become this terrible?

I mean these guys right now would probably lose to anyone in the NBA in a four-game series.

pat

Starter
#Tank4Denver! 3-11... a .214 record. Even under D'Antoni we never played that bad.

Because D'Antoni actually had some kind of vision (we might or might not agree with) and just not the personnel for it. Woodson is pretty much a motivator without any kind of system. You cannot get away from iso-basketball if you cannot offer an alternative. Nevertheless it would be unfair to put everything onto Woodson. I would like to keep him as a defensive assistant because we need stability more than anything, but there will be no stability before Dolan a) decides to sell the team or b) he decides to provide the money without interfering in basketball matters in any shape or form. He just doesn't understand the game and treats it as if the Knicks were some kind of fantasy team.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah...wasn't one of the major criticisms of Woodson during his time in Atlanta that his basketball strategy was basically to iso Joe Johnson like half the time?

HardFowl

Rookie
Anyone know what our record was, with Tyson Chandler in the lineup? I think he might be the missing piece in the puzzle. Anyone also think that missing Jason Kidd is our problem this season?

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Well, i just finished watching the game. A few thoughts. What i saw today, was that the whole team competed, played hard with a lot of effort. Still not enough to win the game.
Obviously by just playing hard, you are not going to beat a team like Clippers. You have to execute. And this brings us to Woodson.
To me, it looks like there is no identity, offensive system. Dantony was horrible, but at least he had a system that worked sometimes when players were making shots. What is Woodsons system? We still dont know.
Second problem is, we dont have a floor general, who can distribute the ball, run the offense.
Also, if Shump continues to play like that, i would trade him at the trading deadline along with JR.
We dont have any inside game and thats why we settle for jumpshots most of the time, and we dont really have good shooters at all. Yes, that includes Melo.
Now, i have a question for Woodson. Why is Stat getting any minutes at this point? How many times we have to see our team on a comeback run, only to be ruined by Amares presence? He is not only usless, but i strongly beleive that he harms our teams chemistry.
Hey, Amare, you made a lot of money, dont you see you cant play at this level any more?
Please retire.
If he doesnt retire, i would burry him on the bench, maybe he gets embarrased, and retire that way.

Broadway

All Star
Anyone know what our record was, with Tyson Chandler in the lineup? I think he might be the missing piece in the puzzle. Anyone also think that missing Jason Kidd is our problem this season?

Didn't we have a better record with Carmelo missing games last year along with other players? Yet missing Chandler has caused everything to go to the crapper?

Does this mean we should extend Chandler to a max contract like we're thinking of doing for Melo?

Broadway

All Star
There is no specific player to blame anymore.

This team is just BAD. inside and out.

From the coaching to the execution. 30 wins would be a gift.

Was this the last game that did it for you?(caused you to come to this conclusion)

or

The next game we play is okay to predict double digit wins and continue to borrow time as a fan?

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Was this the last game that did it for you?(caused you to come to this conclusion)

or

The next game we play is okay to predict double digit wins and continue to borrow time as a fan?

Damn homie you want my d!ck THIS BAD huh?

bigapple

Starter
dont go overboard under Dantoni this team for 3 and half year was alltime under .500

their script was shoot as many 3s as possible play no D STAT and just pic n roll

Woodson main mistake is that he loves player which totally SUCK right now he is giving no chance others.

Broadway

All Star
Damn homie you want my d!ck THIS BAD huh?

How could I ever have the time since Melo is constantly cracking you open?

Okay I'm gonna chalk this up as you not being capable of keeping it about basketball, thus white flag raised.

Take an L like the Knicks

Last edited: