Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Woodson's Accountability

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Melo was not able to do it Denver either.
    did u check what roster he had in Denver?

K-mart JR Camby Billups later NENE Iverson even Balkman and Anderson Lawson noone of them are regulard scorers.

and coach? Karl 8 years drop 1st round in 9 times

any question?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

lol even Big Apple is dropping knowledge on the Melo-haters.

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    lol even Big Apple is dropping knowledge on the Melo-haters.

When you are team's Star player there are expectations.........to see this team fall apart so badly is ugly.......
    One has to look at the coach and of course its star player whether thats right or wrong....

I do believe Woodson who preachers defense puts his worst defenders in down the stretch.....

Maybe your right and Melo is not the leader we need on the floor preaching defense and it should be Prigs or Shump but for me I want my MAX Player to be the preacher and lead by example.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by skisloper
    When you are team's Star player there are expectations.........to see this team fall apart so badly is ugly.......
    One has to look at the coach and of course its star player whether thats right or wrong....

I do believe Woodson who preachers defense puts his worst defenders in down the stretch.....

Maybe your right and Melo is not the leader we need on the floor preaching defense and it should be Prigs or Shump but for me I want my MAX Player to be the preacher and lead by example.
    I thought it was a team game?

You talk so much about Melo, it seems like Melo is the only guy on the roster.

It's easy to put the blame on the coach or the star player, but it doesn't make it correct.

Melo is playing decent this year, it can be better.

The rest of the roster has played below expectations and the proof is in the games and in statistics.

Bargnani has played to what's expected of him...he hasn't be TERRIBLE.

But to put all this blame on one or two people is just dumb.

Firing Woodson and trading Melo won't improve this roster. This roster is already bad, without Melo this roster will struggle to score 80 points.

Firing Woodson and trading Melo won't improve this roster. This roster is already bad, without Melo this roster will struggle to score 80 points.
    You can't be watching the games and saying this. If you don't believe poor substations or making bad decisions during a game can be the difference between a win and a loss then I don't know what to tell you. Look at the last five teams we've played. They all are playing some serious ball now. The roster isn't bad, but a good coach needs to maximize what he has. This is not the time to be stubborn and stick with players that aren't playing well or hitting shots.

Veteran

I thought it was a team game?

You talk so much about Melo, it seems like Melo is the only guy on the roster.

It's easy to put the blame on the coach or the star player, but it doesn't make it correct.

Melo is playing decent this year, it can be better.

The rest of the roster has played below expectations and the proof is in the games and in statistics.

Bargnani has played to what's expected of him...he hasn't be TERRIBLE.

But to put all this blame on one or two people is just dumb.

metro yes 100% its a team game but when you are out franchise star player expectations are greater. You put melo on a pedestal but then you blow off his short comings.................I do not think anyone is doubting that Melo is one of the top 5 scorers in the league.................Seems to be if melo put less effort on his ISO scoring and took that energy and put in on defense we might actuall have a max player thats worth it.....as for woodson u are kidding right ? JR SMITH NEED I SAY MORE. wHEN jr SAYS HE LOST HIS MAN THE ENTIRE 4TH QUARTER OF THE pELICANS GAME AND WOODY LEAVES HIM THE ENTIRE 4TH QUARTER ONE HAS TO WONDER WTF

If Woodson was accountable like he was as interim coach, we would never be in this situation. I don't care if Tyson doesn't play because to be honest we almost beat the Pacers in the playoffs with a non-existant Chandler. This team is so much better than how they are playing and that is on the coach. The coach should not get all the blame but he is the boss and when a corporation is not doing well it is usually because the boss is doing something wrong.

You show accountability by being a p*rick. Look at Gregg Popovich...he will bench Duncan, Parker and Ginobili for an entire half if they are playing idiotic, he doesnt care if they lose because it will prove a point and get them back to playing their game. Players go through lulls and need a kick in the anus to focus.

Shump and JR have not had any focus at all this season and their terrible play has not been repromanded and I am shocked to see that from Woodson who came in here talking like a drill seargent. Shame on him for putting on a show and then choosing favorites which every bad coach does.

He is becoming Mike Dantoni before our eyes. Stubborn in his ways, bad substitions, loyalty to the wrong players, no accountability, it is like he gave up on the team and his abilities as a coach. Get him out of here OR trade the dead weight on this team so he gets a second chance. This roster with this coach isnt working anymore.

POPovich is benching his key trio often he dont care for loosing games but Spurs are teamwork ball movement and each player is scoring and each of them are PASSING ball so if u try to reach 20+ each game u will be benched . Knicks is opposite of that scenario.Thats why we are where we are.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    If Woodson was accountable like he was as interim coach, we would never be in this situation. I don't care if Tyson doesn't play because to be honest we almost beat the Pacers in the playoffs with a non-existant Chandler. This team is so much better than how they are playing and that is on the coach. The coach should not get all the blame but he is the boss and when a corporation is not doing well it is usually because the boss is doing something wrong.

You show accountability by being a p*rick. Look at Gregg Popovich...he will bench Duncan, Parker and Ginobili for an entire half if they are playing idiotic, he doesnt care if they lose because it will prove a point and get them back to playing their game. Players go through lulls and need a kick in the anus to focus.

Shump and JR have not had any focus at all this season and their terrible play has not been repromanded and I am shocked to see that from Woodson who came in here talking like a drill seargent. Shame on him for putting on a show and then choosing favorites which every bad coach does.

He is becoming Mike Dantoni before our eyes. Stubborn in his ways, bad substitions, loyalty to the wrong players, no accountability, it is like he gave up on the team and his abilities as a coach. Get him out of here OR trade the dead weight on this team so he gets a second chance. This roster with this coach isnt working anymore.
    Great post. This coach has lost this team, mainly because he has his favorite players(JR, Felton, Melo), other players see that, which causes division between them. As a result, they dont trust each other, not on the same page, which is necessury for the team to be succsessful.
    This team is much better than what we see right now and Woodson is the one to blame.
    He is not the only problem. I really think that we need a real point guard not named Felton. You can see, when he plays well sometimes, we look great. Unfortunately sometimes is not enough. Just fire this coach and make one trade for a better point guard. We will make the playoffs. Its not too late.

Originally Posted by groundpilot
    Great post. This coach has lost this team, mainly because he has his favorite players(JR, Felton, Melo), other players see that, which causes division between them. As a result, they dont trust each other, not on the same page, which is necessury for the team to be succsessful.
    This team is much better than what we see right now and Woodson is the one to blame.
    He is not the only problem. I really think that we need a real point guard not named Felton. You can see, when he plays well sometimes, we look great. Unfortunately sometimes is not enough. Just fire this coach and make one trade for a better point guard. We will make the playoffs. Its not too late.
    Yup Woodson and Felton are the x factors to this terrible season....both are just not as good as we hoped