New York Knicks vs New Orleans Pelicans 12/01/2013 7:30PM

Knicks/Pelicans - 12/1/13 - Emergency Game Thread?

Only a few minutes to tipoff and I didn't see a game thread yet. I apologize if there is one that is eminent. Tonight is our chance to reverse our fortunes. Let's go Knicks!

--

header.jpg

496226812014.gif
2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gif

(7-8) - (3-12)

VenueTVTIME
Madison Square Garden, New York, NYMSG7:30 PM EST

Possible starters:

anthony_davis.png
carmelo_anthony.png

anthony_morrow.png
kenyon_martin.png

jason_smith.png
andrea_bargnani.png

eric_gordon.png
raymond_felton.png

jrue_holiday.png
iman_shumpert.png

Injury Report
New York Knicks
New Orleans Pelicans
Tyson Chandler - Non-Displaced Fracture of the Right Fibula (OUT)Darius Miller - Left foot (DAY-TO-DAY)
Greg Stiemsma - left knee sprain (OUT)

Today in Knicks history
December 1, 2000Jeff Van Gundy notches his 200th career head coaching victory as Knicks win in Chicago 91-86.

Recent meetings
January 13, 2013New York was defeated by the New Orleans Hornets 100-87 at the Garden to sweep the season series with the Hornets (2-0) and snap New Orleans four-game winning streak. New York was led by Carmelo Anthony’s 27 points including 18 in the second quarter, and seven rebounds over 40 minutes. Amar’e Stoudemire added 12 points off the bench. New Orleans was led by Eric Gordon’s 22 points on 7-14 shooting. Anthony Davis recorded 13 points and eight rebounds in his first game at Madison Square Garden.
November 20, 2012New York, behind Carmelo Anthony’s strong performance against the Hornets, defeated New Orleans 102-180 at New Orleans Arena to extend its record to 8-1. This is the third time in Knicks franchise history that they have started a season 8-1, the other two times, the 1969-70 and 1972-73 seasons, they won championships. Carmelo Anthony posted 29 points, 19 in the first quarter, and six rebounds over 28 minutes. Raymond Felton and J.R. Smith each added 15 points. Felton scored all of his points on five 3-pointers as New York hit 14 3s as a team. Tyson Chandler grabbed 12 rebounds for the Knicks, who've won two straight since their first loss of the season. New Orleans was led by Ryan Anderson who recorded 15 points and eight rebounds over 31 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

metrocard

Legend
Thanks for the game thread, gonna actually watch this game in respect to Anthony Davis, potentially a top 5 player in the NBA.

Next 5 games are against teams with losing records. If we can't get at least 3 out of 5, it will say a lot about this team maybe being as bad as its record.

xk3smith

Benchwarmer
I just want Hardaway to get some time. Damn a Davis. Last time I looked he wasn't in a Knicks uniform. It's Knicks or nothing!!!!

The home crowd is just waiting to boo it seems. C'mon, no booing tonight, let's go Knicks! We need Kmart to be huge tonight if Davis is his responsiiblity.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
T-Hard getting minutes

Bargnani has 3 blocks

Melo threw down a 1 handed oop

WTF is going on?? IS WOODSON TRYING TO COACH!?