New York Knicks vs New Orleans Pelicans 12/01/2013 7:30PM

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
You know what sucks? That even if we pull a W out of this one it'd come with so much effort against a team that we should beat pretty much effortless.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
You know what sucks? That even if we pull a W out of this one it'd come with so much effort against a team that we should beat pretty much effortless.
It shouldn't be a surprise it takes a lot of effort to beat the Pelicans. They have a lot of talent on that team.

mafra

Legend

NBA is a guard league. I would take Eric Gordon, Jrue Holiday and Tyreke Evans over any guard we have on our roster. So, the 3 best guards in this game belong to NO. Toss in Ryan Anderson matching 'Melo's offensive production... Then sprinkle in another 4th quarter collpase (Melo missing shots, JR Smith and Felton with turnovers, Smith chucking brick threes)... and here comes yet another home loss.

At this point, you cannot say we are better than any team we step on the court against... unless we move to the ACC.

Again... this team just cannot do the math: 1 three-pointer every 5 possesions equals 3 points. 3 two-point shots every three possesions equals 6 points. I just laugh when we get desperate and start chucking threes. NObody but the rookie can shoot the 3... so why would it behoove our hopes to comeback when we start bombing away? WORK hard and get a HIGH % shot!

Broadway

All Star
We'll never win with any sustainable with respectability as long as Melo and J.R. Smith are on this team. Extremely Gross players to watch play basketball. Matter of fact they don't even play basketball, they play some kind of other sport.

Last edited:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
0.187... seriously Knicks, seriously? What are the odds we're gonna win this one? If we lose Thursday against Brooklyn Woody's gone... if not sooner. It's just disappointing, this team can't put four strong quarters together.

mafra

Legend
The first move I would make to right this ship... CUT THE LOSER. I said it this Summer, we should never have even considered bringing JR back. He's not worth it. We brought him in b/c we were going for it. He was the best option we had, so we were correct to give it a shot. We even brought him back and maximized the most you are ever going to get from JR. Still, in both cases, it was a major poop come playoffs. The loser is what a loser is...

Repeating the same thing hoping for different results is definition of insanity. And, to make it worse, we appease him and sign his brother? My Lord.

So, start the turnaround. Cut your losses. Dump JR. Not only is his play killing us, but he is stunting Shump's development and taking minutes from the rookie.

Woodson has got to go. We were never this bad with D'Antoni and half the team weren't even trying to play for him. His rotations are terrible. He insists on riding this sinking ship to the bottom of the ocean rather than try to patch the holes. The next good play he draws up for a critical possession will be his first for us. Enough's enough. We're 3 and 13.