Paul1355

All Star
Vs Pelicans

Screen Shot

BacitoaCMAEQHEy.png:medium

Gif Shot

ShumpMelo_argue_20131201_a.gif

Full Play and Aftermath

There have been many more like this from other games, a couple which I believe were posted here before. Shump has every right to call out Melo. The sad part about it he'll probably be reprimanded for doing this only making his relationship with this organization more volatile than it already is. I'd say Woodson is losing the team. Man watching Artest come over and calm him down while Woodson sits there oblivious to what was going on is disgraceful. This is very reminiscent of Nate and Malik fighting on the huddle in Washington(?)
I disagree. Shump has an attitude problem and even though Melo was wrong for leaving Anderson wide open, SHump was the moron that ran full steam into another guy causing a 4 point play that destroyed morale. Shump's play all season has been terrible and he is taking it out on other players. It is obvious as a psych major seeing Shumpert's mental breakdown lead him to numerous shouting matches during the games. Players hate a guy like that unless he backs it up with his play. If I am a superstar and I have one break down and some chump that can't do anything is barking at me I am going to be pissed.

Shump is in this spot now because he is not humble at all. He thinks he is better than what he really is and cant do a damn thing right now to help us. He will be gone and Tim Hardaway will be our future SG.

Kiyaman

Legend
Lastnight I watch the Pelicans vs Bulls go 3 OT, with the Pelicans running the same exact plays on the Bulls they ran on us, and Hinrich & Dunleavy never ran into any screens or picks on the perimeter like Shump kept doing in our game vs Pelicans. Why?
Who did we have defending Anderson 31 points?

I also notice the same screens & Picks the Pelicans used to have a open Anderson at the 3 point line are the same exact written play Tyson & Jared Jefferies kept using for a open Novak at the 3 point line.
Why is this written play so successful bc everyone move and go into motion once the screen is set for PG True Holiday's first step to slash, having the advantage to pass to a perimeter Tyreke Evans or Gordon, or backdoor Davis, or a open Anderson.
Jeremy Lin did the same exact written play with Novak, Shump, and Tyson with the great double screen/pick from Jared Jefferies.
A very easy play when 4 teammates start moving without the ball once the double screen is set .. A successful written play by the Boston Celtics BIG-3 and Doc/Thibs...

Kiyaman

Legend
I disagree. Shump has an attitude problem and even though Melo was wrong for leaving Anderson wide open, SHump was the moron that ran full steam into another guy causing a 4 point play that destroyed morale. Shump's play all season has been terrible and he is taking it out on other players. It is obvious as a psych major seeing Shumpert's mental breakdown lead him to numerous shouting matches during the games. Players hate a guy like that unless he backs it up with his play. If I am a superstar and I have one break down and some chump that can't do anything is barking at me I am going to be pissed.

Shump is in this spot now because he is not humble at all. He thinks he is better than what he really is and cant do a damn thing right now to help us. He will be gone and Tim Hardaway will be our future SG.

I would agree with u 100% on a 3rd season player vs a super-star, but I cant. WHY?

Shump was drafted in the NBA on his athletic defense alone.
Melo was drafted in the NBA on his high-scoring ability.
Shump's attitude is on losing 13 games bc of our poor-poor team defense.
If our 40 minute playing Captain had Shump's attitude after just losing 3 games with a poor-poor defense we would be 8-7 or better. Someone have to stand-up on this roster and yell, scream, holla, kick a monitor, break a glass, something to STOP this 9 game losing streak...

Hey guys,
From my observation I see a few things wrong.

We have no interior defense. Chandler is hurt, Kmart is still hurting and Bargs/ Amare are tasked to play that role when they were never defensive players in their career. Woody can?t seem to settle on a rotation?which in return offers instability. Mello is an above average player but doesn?t really have that champion spirit (drive, resilience, leadership). Lebron, Durant, Jordan, Magic, Bird, etc?All could score but they all knew how to get their team mates involved. Mello, has the will to win but lacks in bringing his team mates level of play up. Most of this comes from his inability to share the ball, getting his teammates touches, creating some sought of rhythm on the court for everyone.

Great players always look to get the supporting cast involved even if it meant that they take a hit in shot attempts. Shump wants to win but he?s on a team with players that chucks (JR/Mello). There were many times I?ve seen JR and Mello miss shots and instead of running back on defense they are bitching to the refs and/or dispirited because they feel they are responsible for most of the team?s offense. Any team will lose heart if mostly all the shots were meant to go through players that lack a desire to play both ends of the court. Imo, Coach Woody is to blame for this. He needs to implement a more team base approach that gets the whole team involved, and stop being predictable. Move the rock around and give others shots so the opposition isn?t triple teaming forced shots by Mello. Design plays that play to the strengths of Amare (pick and roll), Make JR drive to the basket more so he can pick up fouls (hurting the opposition) and get some free shots from the charity stripe (get his shooting warmed up a bit). Stop settling for the long ball. When you find a way to score in the paint the outside jumpers becomes much easier to make.

Everyone needs to play defense. I?m sure if the team constantly saw Mello/JR diving for loose balls, putting bodies on the other players trying to go to the hole, hard fouls, picking up charges, just trying your best to be pesky?the rest of the team will follow and pick up their game, no doubt about that. But if players are regulated?as in saying certain players do the scoring, and certain players play defense? the whole team will fail. When ?the offensive player ?haves a bad game/start/finish?those regulated to defensive duties will feel underused, under-appreciated, insipid and defeated. The whole team needs to be playing at both ends of the floor in order to be playing at a high level. I never saw a championship team where the star/s didn?t get their whole team into the game?.every man counts, no matter how menial their skill set is, use their strength to their fullest. Fans shouldn?t have to pay big money to see players (who make bigger money) sit on the pine wood with discouraging looks on their faces.

I also question Woodson?s timing in substitutions; he has a weird tendency of sitting his hot players in favor of veterans?even when the veterans are having a bad game. Imo, Woodson is playing too conservative, his predictability shows me that he?s scared to take the blame for losing and would rather have it all fall on his star players. Gelling will always be an issue because Woody doesn?t let a set group of players play together for a decent amount of time. How can they figure out their identity when the roster is always jumbled around? No one can get used to playing with each other if the line ups are always in experimentation mode. Set rotations/starters should have been figured out in the off season. It?s better to go down with a set group than to go down with different lineups every night, that just shows the coaches lack of confidence in his players and his game plan?which I?m starting to doubt he has.

This team can be a whole lot better when playing with confidence, you can?t get confidence when the whole team isn?t involved and the coach don?t have balls to place the ball in other teammate?s hands. Let the Knicks lose by playing team ball, not by playing half ass team ball. The coach is supposed to play the roster to their strengths. This is not a card game where you can bluff your way to victory. Figure it out already, use what you have to your advantage; don?t just showcase the shiniest pieces. Puts some Armor-all on everyone and let the individuals tarnish themselves by way of their own display?don?t just leave them on the bench so every fan has to guess and question where the fault/weaknesses lies.

The whole team doesn?t need to score but they do need to feel like they are a part of a team...

skisloper

Starter
Hey guys,

We have no interior defense. Chandler is hurt, Kmart is still hurting and Bargs/ Amare are tasked to play that role when they were never defensive players in their career. Woody can?t seem to settle on a rotation?which in return offers instability. Mello is an above average player but doesn?t really have that champion spirit (drive, resilience, leadership). Lebron, Durant, Jordan, Magic, Bird, etc?All could score but they all knew how to get their team mates involved. Mello, has the will to win but lacks in bringing his team mates level of play up. Most of this comes from his inability to share the ball, getting his teammates touches, creating some sought of rhythm on the court for everyone.

Great players always look to get the supporting cast involved even if it meant that they take a hit in shot attempts. Shump wants to win but he?s on a team with players that chucks (JR/Mello). There were many times I?ve seen JR and Mello miss shots and instead of running back on defense they are bitching to the refs and/or dispirited because they feel they are responsible for most of the team?s offense. Any team will lose heart if mostly all the shots were meant to go through players that lack a desire to play both ends of the court. Imo, Coach Woody is to blame for this. He needs to implement a more team base approach that gets the whole team involved, and stop being predictable. Move the rock around and give others shots so the opposition isn?t triple teaming forced shots by Mello. Design plays that play to the strengths of Amare (pick and roll), Make JR drive to the basket more so he can pick up fouls (hurting the opposition) and get some free shots from the charity stripe (get his shooting warmed up a bit). Stop settling for the long ball. When you find a way to score in the paint the outside jumpers becomes much easier to make.

Everyone needs to play defense. I?m sure if the team constantly saw Mello/JR diving for loose balls, putting bodies on the other players trying to go to the hole, hard fouls, picking up charges, just trying your best to be pesky?the rest of the team will follow and pick up their game, no doubt about that. But if players are regulated?as in saying certain players do the scoring, and certain players play defense? the whole team will fail. When ?the offensive player ?haves a bad game/start/finish?those regulated to defensive duties will feel underused, under-appreciated, insipid and defeated. The whole team needs to be playing at both ends of the floor in order to be playing at a high level. I never saw a championship team where the star/s didn?t get their whole team into the game?.every man counts, no matter how menial their skill set is, use their strength to their fullest. Fans shouldn?t have to pay big money to see players (who make bigger money) sit on the pine wood with discouraging looks on their faces.

I also question Woodson?s timing in substitutions; he has a weird tendency of sitting his hot players in favor of veterans?even when the veterans are having a bad game. Imo, Woodson is playing too conservative, his predictability shows me that he?s scared to take the blame for losing and would rather have it all fall on his star players. Gelling will always be an issue because Woody doesn?t let a set group of players play together for a decent amount of time. How can they figure out their identity when the roster is always jumbled around? No one can get used to playing with each other if the line ups are always in experimentation mode. Set rotations/starters should have been figured out in the off season. It?s better to go down with a set group than to go down with different lineups every night, that just shows the coaches lack of confidence in his players and his game plan?which I?m starting to doubt he has.

This team can be a whole lot better when playing with confidence, you can?t get confidence when the whole team isn?t involved and the coach don?t have balls to place the ball in other teammate?s hands. Let the Knicks lose by playing team ball, not by playing half ass team ball. The coach is supposed to play the roster to their strengths. This is not a card game where you can bluff your way to victory. Figure it out already, use what you have to your advantage; don?t just showcase the shiniest pieces. Puts some Armor-all on everyone and let the individuals tarnish themselves by way of their own display?don?t just leave them on the bench so every fan has to guess and question where the fault/weaknesses lies.

The whole team doesn?t need to score but they do need to feel like they are a part of a team...
All roads lead to Woodson. As a coach you have to hold players accountable. No need to repeat the reasons why but we all know Woody does not do this and infact rewards those who mess up. I hope with Van Gundy's name in the paper today Woody gets a pair of balls and coaches that way. If that means JR sits then so be it. If Melo is bitching about a call and not back on defense then take him out. If Felton will dribble for 14 seconds sit him. On a fast break if Shump pulls up for the 3 then sit him. If stat travels sit him. Any player who does not run back on defense then sit him. We are better then what we are showing but this garbage coaching needs to stop. Melo's ally oop one handed dunk should be what we see.

metrocard

Legend
Lastnight I watch the Pelicans vs Bulls go 3 OT, with the Pelicans running the same exact plays on the Bulls they ran on us, and Hinrich & Dunleavy never ran into any screens or picks on the perimeter like Shump kept doing in our game vs Pelicans. Why?
Who did we have defending Anderson 31 points?

I also notice the same screens & Picks the Pelicans used to have a open Anderson at the 3 point line are the same exact written play Tyson & Jared Jefferies kept using for a open Novak at the 3 point line.
Why is this written play so successful bc everyone move and go into motion once the screen is set for PG True Holiday's first step to slash, having the advantage to pass to a perimeter Tyreke Evans or Gordon, or backdoor Davis, or a open Anderson.
Jeremy Lin did the same exact written play with Novak, Shump, and Tyson with the great double screen/pick from Jared Jefferies.
A very easy play when 4 teammates start moving without the ball once the double screen is set .. A successful written play by the Boston Celtics BIG-3 and Doc/Thibs...

Only if we had a quality PG to take pressure off this team and make plays.

Kiyaman

Legend
Hey guys,

We have no interior defense. Chandler is hurt, Kmart is still hurting and Bargs/ Amare are tasked to play that role when they were never defensive players in their career. Woody can’t seem to settle on a rotation…which in return offers instability. Mello is an above average player but doesn’t really have that champion spirit (drive, resilience, leadership). Lebron, Durant, Jordan, Magic, Bird, etc…All could score but they all knew how to get their team mates involved. Mello, has the will to win but lacks in bringing his team mates level of play up. Most of this comes from his inability to share the ball, getting his teammates touches, creating some sought of rhythm on the court for everyone.

Great players always look to get the supporting cast involved even if it meant that they take a hit in shot attempts. Shump wants to win but he’s on a team with players that chucks (JR/Mello). There were many times I’ve seen JR and Mello miss shots and instead of running back on defense they are bitching to the refs and/or dispirited because they feel they are responsible for most of the team’s offense. Any team will lose heart if mostly all the shots were meant to go through players that lack a desire to play both ends of the court. Imo, Coach Woody is to blame for this. He needs to implement a more team base approach that gets the whole team involved, and stop being predictable. Move the rock around and give others shots so the opposition isn’t triple teaming forced shots by Mello. Design plays that play to the strengths of Amare (pick and roll), Make JR drive to the basket more so he can pick up fouls (hurting the opposition) and get some free shots from the charity stripe (get his shooting warmed up a bit). Stop settling for the long ball. When you find a way to score in the paint the outside jumpers becomes much easier to make.

Everyone needs to play defense. I’m sure if the team constantly saw Mello/JR diving for loose balls, putting bodies on the other players trying to go to the hole, hard fouls, picking up charges, just trying your best to be pesky…the rest of the team will follow and pick up their game, no doubt about that. But if players are regulated…as in saying certain players do the scoring, and certain players play defense… the whole team will fail. When “the offensive player “haves a bad game/start/finish…those regulated to defensive duties will feel underused, under-appreciated, insipid and defeated. The whole team needs to be playing at both ends of the floor in order to be playing at a high level. I never saw a championship team where the star/s didn’t get their whole team into the game….every man counts, no matter how menial their skill set is, use their strength to their fullest. Fans shouldn’t have to pay big money to see players (who make bigger money) sit on the pine wood with discouraging looks on their faces.

I also question Woodson’s timing in substitutions; he has a weird tendency of sitting his hot players in favor of veterans…even when the veterans are having a bad game. Imo, Woodson is playing too conservative, his predictability shows me that he’s scared to take the blame for losing and would rather have it all fall on his star players. Gelling will always be an issue because Woody doesn’t let a set group of players play together for a decent amount of time. How can they figure out their identity when the roster is always jumbled around? No one can get used to playing with each other if the line ups are always in experimentation mode. Set rotations/starters should have been figured out in the off season. It’s better to go down with a set group than to go down with different lineups every night, that just shows the coaches lack of confidence in his players and his game plan…which I’m starting to doubt he has.

This team can be a whole lot better when playing with confidence, you can’t get confidence when the whole team isn’t involved and the coach don’t have balls to place the ball in other teammate’s hands. Let the Knicks lose by playing team ball, not by playing half ass team ball. The coach is supposed to play the roster to their strengths. This is not a card game where you can bluff your way to victory. Figure it out already, use what you have to your advantage; don’t just showcase the shiniest pieces. Puts some Armor-all on everyone and let the individuals tarnish themselves by way of their own display…don’t just leave them on the bench so every fan has to guess and question where the fault/weaknesses lies.

The whole team doesn’t need to score but they do need to feel like they are a part of a team...

:agreed::agreed::agreed:

When it comes to Mike Woodson .. Woody been coaching to get FIRED since the Knicks vs Pacers series.
Woody's poor excuse for coaching the preseason games .. had me thinking TanK Tank Tank.
Woody did not look or sound worried when we lost our 5th game in a row.

It was Woody who anounced the limitation and alternating games for Stat & K-Mart (so-call injury)
I guess thats the knew NBA way to DNP players who refuse to go on the injured-list.
Tyson Chandler's injury threw a wrench in Woody's plans to embarrasse Stat & K-mart with spot-minutes throughout the season.

Kenyon Martin were suppose to be our starter PF .. in the Pacers series, and in the start of the 2013-14 season.
Our frontline starters were supose to be "C-Tyson, PF-K-Mart, SF-Melo" .. we wanted Tyson & K-Mart (Gellin) to beast the paint area together, giving oponents one-shot on offense.