Think Positive

petescud

Starter
Lets hope for a 3 game winning streak this week.....Brooklyn-Magic-Celtics.....basically all the games are at home, as the Brooklyn game will be a 50/50 mix, and the other 2 are at the garden...we should be able to take these games if we have any pride left

metrocard

Legend
Jr Smith might die of drug overdose and STAT decides to go Germany to fix those knees.

Ouch, but I respect the message pete is bringing out here.

Theres a lot of pride on the line right now.

The media will be over this game Weds...speaking of which, who's making the game thread for Weds?

A real sloppy start, but It's still very early in the season (in a weak division). Get these loses out the way now and learn from them. In Knicks history we always press the panic button before the smoke clears. We haven't had a team that knew each others tendency in over a decade. If the bulk of the team stays together...we can only get better.

metrocard

Legend
Next 10 games are against

Nets
Magic
Celtics
Cavs
Bulls
Celtics
Hawks
Wizards
Bucks
Grizzlies
Magic

Not exactly strong teams, Wizards, Hawks and Grizzlies being the strongest.

This is before Dec 25 before we face the Thunder on national TV abc with some ugly ass jerseys....trying to stay positive.

bigapple

Starter
Lets hope for a 3 game winning streak this week.....Brooklyn-Magic-Celtics.....basically all the games are at home, as the Brooklyn game will be a 50/50 mix, and the other 2 are at the garden...we should be able to take these games if we have any pride left

that hope is only IF Felton wont be starter othewise HIS TO's quota in key time will be curious.

or just time limit and more for others.

petescud

Starter
well we won the first decisively.....let hope Gasol is still hurt when we play the Grizzlies in a few weeks

metrocard

Legend
if Knicks get to the 5th seed spot before Chandler comes, then we're okay...the future still seems dark, but we're in the present so we gotta do what we can.

Kiyaman

Legend
Next 10 games are against

Nets
Magic
Celtics
Cavs
Bulls
Celtics
Hawks
Wizards
Bucks
Grizzlies
Magic

Not exactly strong teams, Wizards, Hawks and Grizzlies being the strongest.

This is before Dec 25 before we face the Thunder on national TV abc with some ugly ass jerseys....trying to stay positive.

Beating the Nets by 30 points in Barkley Center should prove our Knicks roster could go on a 13 game win streak vs the above schedule.

The Brooklyn Nets loss by 30 points on Joe Johnson stopping the ball, holding the ball, giving us enough time to setup on a man to man defense once Joe got the ball.
Coincidence (Melo, JR, Felton is our ball-holding Joe Johnson).

Giving Melo 31 minutes in the Nets game is the exact amount of minutes Melo shouldve been receiving at the start of the season. We have Meta World Peace as Melo backup who deserve 20 minutes.

Giving Felton under 30 minutes in the Nets game is the exact amount of minutes Felton shouldve been receiving at the start of the season. We have PG-Prigioni and PG-Beno who both belong in our rotation bc all 3 have different talents and none of the 3 are a ledgit starter PG in the NBA.

Giving JR.smith 25 minutes in the Nets game is crucial to gettin a GELLIN rotation, for the fact of JR being a 14 minute spot player who never shouldve been resign. Plus after our first 5 games of the season the 48 minutes of SG time shouldve been divided between Shump/Prigioni/and rookie THJ. JR.smith should be coaching/cheerleading from the bench with HC Woodson the first 2 to 3 month of the season.

Giving Barg 28 minutes in the Nets game is Bargs max amount of playingtime for any game, to give Bargs a equal chance on offense/defense, then Kenyon Martin, Stat, and Melo should all receive 28 minutes of playingtime too.
Especially, while Tyson Chandler is out with injury.

RED-FLAG

There's no reason for us to be 4-13 when we have a frontline of bigmen
"Stat, Bargs, K-Mart, Meta, and Carmelo" all healthy wanting decent playingtime in every game...

Last edited:

petescud

Starter
RED-FLAG
There's no reason for us to be 4-13 when we have a frontline of bigmen
"Stat, Bargs, K-Mart, Meta, and Carmelo" all healthy wanting decent playingtime in every game...

True....This record is on Woody as much as the ISO ball movement by a few of our players...Now i don't see us going on a 13 game win streak, but i'd be very happy if we won 10 of them

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Hold on guys. Let me remind you all, that we are coming off 9 game losing streak. Beating the Nets in new york means absolutely nothing. Because this Nets team maybe is the worst bball team i have seen period. You cant judge our teams performance after this one game simply because we just beat the worst team ever.
Also, i dont know if anyone else has noticed, but all of a sudden we play hard when the game is televised on national tv and everybody is watching.
Lets see how we play 4 or 5 next games before we get too optimistic about our chances.

tiger0330

Legend
One game against that Nets team is a start, the team was better than that 3-13 record. They were competitive in most of the losses and if Melo had made a couple of clutch shots we would be more like 7-10. The division is wide open for the taking, I see a lot of positives when Chandler comes back and with Bargnani's play, KMart and even Stat off that stupid minutes restriction I think the Knicks can turn this around.

Kiyaman

Legend
Hold on guys. Let me remind you all, that we are coming off 9 game losing streak. Beating the Nets in new york means absolutely nothing. Because this Nets team maybe is the worst bball team i have seen period. You cant judge our teams performance after this one game simply because we just beat the worst team ever.
Also, i dont know if anyone else has noticed, but all of a sudden we play hard when the game is televised on national tv and everybody is watching.
Lets see how we play 4 or 5 next games before we get too optimistic about our chances.

True....This record is on Woody as much as the ISO ball movement by a few of our players...Now i don't see us going on a 13 game win streak, but i'd be very happy if we won 10 of them

The Nets game were simular to a lot of our 16 oponents just more weaker in talant.
There was no way HC Woodson could coach a loss vs a 4th string talent team.
Woodson couldnt leave certain players on the court to average their 40 plus minutes, 35 plus minutes, and 30 plus minutes .. the same Knicks most minute-played players that has no chemistry with their teammates, after 16 games...

Broadway

All Star
How does the saying go?

Fool Me Once Shame On You

Fool Me Twice Shame On Me

Naaaaah I won't be swindled by this team. For crying out loud they swindled us with a 54win regular season record. Winning 1 game against a crap crap team won't do it.

bigapple

Starter
key for nets game was their To's and our 3s
Still Nets outreboundnd us

More passes by MElO i didnt see his ballhoging
JR just one streetball possesion

anway still this team need IQ PG and 2nd shooter thats all.

petescud

Starter
If we keep spreading the floor and not be so predictable, we could probably beat most of the NBA .... I like Melo scoring 20 and getting 10 boards, 4-5 assist etc...also, for some reason everything is clicking all of a sudden. Guess the guys were embarrassed