Iman Shumpert's attitude

Paul1355

All Star
Let me be on the bandwagon to say that Iman Shumpert's days are numbered and his play is just half the reason. He has had his moments of promise and had people thinking he would develop into an all star, and with his size and athleticism I do not doubt it as a possibility. However he has shown to be a head case that thinks he is better than he really is.

Shump as a rookie...showed supreme confidence and many said he did not act like a rookie. He instantly acted like a veteran on and off the court. Inconsistent, common among players that let the game get into their heads.

Shump now...we are seeing how his ****iness is causing rifts with the team and his inconsistency has shot down his confidence as a player and he doesn't know who to blame so he blames everyone but himself...

Via Hoopshype.com = Back on Halloween night in Chicago, Iman Shumpert and Tyson Chandler got into a shouting match on the bench because of a defensive breakdown against the Bulls, according to a source. It would start a trend of bench blowups on the Knicks - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/new_york_knicks#sthash.wiX5Uje1.dpuf

Then later on...

MSG cameras showed Iman Shumpert yelling at Carmelo Anthony during a break in the game against the Pelicans. Shumpert appeared to be upset at Anthony for a missed defensive assignment that led to a Ryan Anderson 3-pointer in the third quarter of the Knicks' loss. Both Shumpert and Anthony downplayed the incident after the game. Shumpert called it a "defensive miscommunication." ESPN.com - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/new_york_knicks#sthash.wiX5Uje1.dpufpl

My arguement is that Iman Shumpert has an attitude that you see on players such as Terrel Owens and Dez Bryant. To yell at veterans during games when you are the one having the bad year and getting beat off the dribble tells me he is becoming a cancer in the locker room.

And let's not forget the rumors of Mike Woodson and SHump having rifts as well. I don't think Shump is liked in the locker room and his attitude and failure to play at a level he should play is messing with his head, which is unstable.

He needs a change of scenery and so do the Knicks.

The time has come to trade Shump and it is sad it is going to happen this way. We don't need a player like him on this team. He needs to be humble....peace

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
It's hilarious how you're all over Shump for being one of the very few players that actually give a ****. He has every right to be frustrated. Him and Chandler yelling at each other can lead only to one thing: an improved defensive effort. Also, I don't give a damn about Melo's status, once again he showed his lazy defense and if Woody doesn't have the guts to point it out I can be only proud of Shump for trying to hold Melo accountable in that particular department.

Paul1355

All Star
It's hilarious how you're all over Shump for being one of the very few players that actually give a ****. He has every right to be frustrated. Him and Chandler yelling at each other can lead only to one thing: an improved defensive effort. Also, I don't give a damn about Melo's status, once again he showed his lazy defense and if Woody doesn't have the guts to point it out I can be only proud of Shump.
You are missing the point....Shump has been one of the worst players maybe the worst this year and yet he is the one barking at Melo. It should be the coach to bark at Melo and to be honest with you, Shumpert has had so many defensive breakdowns this season he has shown me that what Clyde Frazier says is true "He plays hard but not smart" and barking at the main player that is actually doing everything on the court with some lapses, is just showing how gone SHumpert is mentally and soon physically.

skisloper

Starter
You are missing the point....Shump has been one of the worst players maybe the worst this year and yet he is the one barking at Melo. It should be the coach to bark at Melo and to be honest with you, Shumpert has had so many defensive breakdowns this season he has shown me that what Clyde Frazier says is true "He plays hard but not smart" and barking at the main player that is actually doing everything on the court with some lapses, is just showing how gone SHumpert is mentally and soon physically.
...shump got leveled on a pick that Melo did not call out......Coach should yell at MELO ? coach does not yell at anyone but prigs, shump and hardaway

When it was Shump getting into it with Melo over the non-defense of Ryan Anderson, I understood. Now that it is coming out that he also got into it with Chandler, I'm concerned. Even if Shump has a point, there is no reason a young player who hasn't really done anything in the league should be getting into it with a former DPOY, former NBA champ, and overall well-liked and respected veteran like Chandler. At some point, you have to respect your senior teammates in order to allow a team to gel. Shump could be our future, but now I'm not so sure.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
ShumpMelo_argue_20131201_a.gif

Somebody please explain to me why this is Melos fault? he switched with Shumpert and took Holiday instead of leaving him WIDE OPEN. Shumpert then decides to truck Smith instead of doing something intelligent. Bargnani is the only one standing in the middle of nowhere doing nothing.

Try again.

Kiyaman

Legend
When it was Shump getting into it with Melo over the non-defense of Ryan Anderson, I understood. Now that it is coming out that he also got into it with Chandler, I'm concerned. Even if Shump has a point, there is no reason a young player who hasn't really done anything in the league should be getting into it with a former DPOY, former NBA champ, and overall well-liked and respected veteran like Chandler. At some point, you have to respect your senior teammates in order to allow a team to gel. Shump could be our future, but now I'm not so sure.

Shump expected Tyson Chandler to lead the team-defense in the starter-lineup.
Tyson did not comunicate on defense in our 2nd and 3rd loss against Minny & Charlotte so Shump took it to the teams DPOY.

Do u think Shump would be angry being traded from a 3-13 record team with 9 straight losses???

Shump expected Tyson Chandler to lead the team-defense in the starter-lineup.
Tyson did not comunicate on defense in our 2nd and 3rd loss against Minny & Charlotte so Shump took it to the teams DPOY.

Do u think Shump would be angry being traded from a 3-13 record team with 9 straight losses???

No, I think he'd be ecstatic at this point to get away from this mess. Even if he was right, I still think that Shump shouldn't be calling out our senior players on such a regular basis, at least not Chandler.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Maybe because Melo wasn't supposed to switch? Shump stayed with Holiday, so there's no way Melo should switch on that play. Moreover, how dafuq did he think that switch could be effective if Shump wasn't in front of Anderson? And again, Melo didn't really switch, he just played lazy ass defense and didn't stay with his man. There's no way you can defend him on that play. And to make it even worse, it's not the only time he did this. At the end of the 3rd quarter there was a play when Earl stayed with Evans (the ball-handler) and Melo *switched* leaving Anderson wide-open.

skisloper

Starter
Maybe because Melo wasn't supposed to switch? Shump stayed with Holiday, so there's no way Melo should switch on that play. Moreover, how dafuq did he think that switch could be effective if Shump wasn't in front of Anderson? And again, Melo didn't really switch, he just played lazy ass defense and didn't stay with his man. There's no way you can defend him on that play. And to make it even worse, it's not the only time he did this. At the end of the 3rd quarter there was a play when Earl stayed with Evans (the ball-handler) and Melo *switched* leaving Anderson wide-open.
Melo is not supposed to give a 100% on defense since he is our big scoroer on the offensive end....U cant do both according to some of Melo's following......Only MAX superstars can.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★

So I guess Bargnani gets a free pass for standing there doing nothing instead of covering the open shooter.

Got it, thanks, we have to play 4v5 basketball, makes sense.

Shump is just frustrated; he has a winner?s attitude. Mello needs to get more in shape. I think this will strengthen his all around game. Defense requires more physicality than offense, your legs/knees to be able to handle your shifting weight when trying to guard someone, Mello is very slow when it comes to this and is almost always left behind if the person has a decent first step. He could be a nice broody baller, but he hardly uses his weight to intimidate on the defensive end, a bit slow, imo.

metrocard

Legend
Melo is not supposed to give a 100% on defense since he is our big scoroer on the offensive end....U cant do both according to some of Melo's following......Only MAX superstars can.

So how do you feel about Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Love, James Harden and Kyrie Irving?

skisloper

Starter
So how do you feel about Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Love, James Harden and Kyrie Irving?

i would take Love and Harden over melo all day long. Dirk always made teammates better. Kyrie may be headng down Melo's path. Metro understand I am a fan of melo but I cannot just accept his weaknesses when I think they are from a lack of effort. Why are you ok with Melo's lack of effort on the defensive end sometimes ? Remeber the words " LACK OF EFFORT " there is no excuse for that.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
So I guess Bargnani gets a free pass for standing there doing nothing instead of covering the open shooter.
Ekhm, so you're basically saying it's Bargs' fault Melo's playing lazy ass defense? FYI, on that particular play Bargnani did nothing wrong, he kept his guy in check and he defended the paint.

metrocard

Legend
i would take Love and Harden over melo all day long. Dirk always made teammates better. Kyrie may be headng down Melo's path. Metro understand I am a fan of melo but I cannot just accept his weaknesses when I think they are from a lack of effort. Why are you ok with Melo's lack of effort on the defensive end sometimes ? Remeber the words " LACK OF EFFORT " there is no excuse for that.

How? Name someone who had a career year playing with Dirk.

Do you understand Love and Harden are really bad man to man defenders?

skisloper

Starter

Do you understand Love and Harden are really bad man to man defenders?
metro do you remember when Dallas was the finals and also lost to the Heat in the finals......Do you think if you take Dirk off that mavericks team and put melo in the same success would be achieved. Its the lack of effort why do you think thats ok ?

metrocard

Legend
metro do you remember when Dallas was the finals and also lost to the Heat in the finals......Do you think if you take Dirk off that mavericks team and put melo in the same success would be achieved. Its the lack of effort why do you think thats ok ?

but who did Dirk make better? Dirk performed like a God individually. I know that.

Broadway

All Star

Jason Terry's career took off in Dallas with Dirk and last time I checked Tyson Chandler won DPOY playing next to Dirk. Throw a little mix of J.J. Berrea, along with Josh Howard, Erika Dampier(from and efficiency standpoint), Najera. I mean there were several players who got pizzaid because of playing with Dirk.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Shump was certainly saying something and he was animated, but where does the "yelling" come from? This is the media looking for a story. No one was measuring the decibel level. And we do not know what preceded Shump's comments. The mike was never there and the camera did not cover the whole episode. Who knows what preceded. To compare Shumpert to T. Owens or Dez Bryant is hardly fair. And where does the "not liked by his teammates" come from? Shumpert is moving the ball and playing defense. He is not shooting that well but compared to others like Felton and JR he is hardly a volume shooter. And I believe he is shooting better than either of them. Woodson has his favorites and I think he is the culprit here.