Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Iman Shumpert's attitude

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by skisloper
    i would take Love and Harden over melo all day long. Dirk always made teammates better. Kyrie may be headng down Melo's path. Metro understand I am a fan of melo but I cannot just accept his weaknesses when I think they are from a lack of effort. Why are you ok with Melo's lack of effort on the defensive end sometimes ? Remeber the words " LACK OF EFFORT " there is no excuse for that.
    How? Name someone who had a career year playing with Dirk.

Do you understand Love and Harden are really bad man to man defenders?

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard

Do you understand Love and Harden are really bad man to man defenders?
    metro do you remember when Dallas was the finals and also lost to the Heat in the finals......Do you think if you take Dirk off that mavericks team and put melo in the same success would be achieved. Its the lack of effort why do you think thats ok ?

12th man

metro do you remember when Dallas was the finals and also lost to the Heat in the finals......Do you think if you take Dirk off that mavericks team and put melo in the same success would be achieved. Its the lack of effort why do you think thats ok ?
    but who did Dirk make better? Dirk performed like a God individually. I know that.

Superstar

Jason Terry's career took off in Dallas with Dirk and last time I checked Tyson Chandler won DPOY playing next to Dirk. Throw a little mix of J.J. Berrea, along with Josh Howard, Erika Dampier(from and efficiency standpoint), Najera. I mean there were several players who got pizzaid because of playing with Dirk.

Superstar

Shump was certainly saying something and he was animated, but where does the "yelling" come from? This is the media looking for a story. No one was measuring the decibel level. And we do not know what preceded Shump's comments. The mike was never there and the camera did not cover the whole episode. Who knows what preceded. To compare Shumpert to T. Owens or Dez Bryant is hardly fair. And where does the "not liked by his teammates" come from? Shumpert is moving the ball and playing defense. He is not shooting that well but compared to others like Felton and JR he is hardly a volume shooter. And I believe he is shooting better than either of them. Woodson has his favorites and I think he is the culprit here.

12th man

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Jason Terry's career took off in Dallas with Dirk and last time I checked Tyson Chandler won DPOY playing next to Dirk. Throw a little mix of J.J. Berrea, along with Josh Howard, Erika Dampier(from and efficiency standpoint), Najera. I mean there were several players who got pizzaid because of playing with Dirk.
    All of this is wrong.

Jason Terry always be a good player before Dallas, check his days with the Hawks.

Jose Juan Barea had his career year in Minnesota, not Dallas. If anything, Kidd/Terry made him a better player, not Dirk.
    Erick Dampier and Najera are intangible players, their performance had nothing to do with Dirk infact they made Dirk better by filling in for the void that Dirk left, defense and rebounding. Without them Dirk's performance would of plummet greatly from all the work he has to do on defense, similar to Carmelo Anthony today.

Veteran

All of this is wrong.

Jason Terry always be a good player before Dallas, check his days with the Hawks.

Jose Juan Barea had his career year in Minnesota, not Dallas. If anything, Kidd/Terry made him a better player, not Dirk.
    Erick Dampier and Najera are intangible players, their performance had nothing to do with Dirk infact they made Dirk better by filling in for the void that Dirk left, defense and rebounding. Without them Dirk's performance would of plummet greatly from all the work he has to do on defense, similar to Carmelo Anthony today.

Metro you keep making excuses of why Melo should not give a 100% on defense.......do you not think Melo is capable ?

I think a player should do whatever is necessary to for their team to be better.......When a team Gels you have to look at its start player..............is there anything you think Melo should do better that he is choosing not to do ?

Do you think Melo would be happy scoring 20 a game on less touches and him using that energy for defense ?

so basically you're saying that Iman being angry is why we are 3-13. haha. you're all such idiots. ya one guys attitude explains 3-13. try again dummies

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

12th man

Metro you keep making excuses of why Melo should not give a 100% on defense.......do you not think Melo is capable ?

I think a player should do whatever is necessary to for their team to be better.......When a team Gels you have to look at its start player..............is there anything you think Melo should do better that he is choosing not to do ?

Do you think Melo would be happy scoring 20 a game on less touches and him using that energy for defense ?
    Melo should play defense, but most superstars aren't lock down defenders. Kobe hasn't been a lockdown defender since 2007.

Just because a guy scores 26 ppg doesn't mean you should expect him to play lock down defense.

Melo's defense was never that bad anyway, he slacks on some plays but that's been the entire team this season.

Veteran

Melo should play defense, but most superstars aren't lock down defenders. Kobe hasn't been a lockdown defender since 2007.

Just because a guy scores 26 ppg doesn't mean you should expect him to play lock down defense.

Melo's defense was never that bad anyway, he slacks on some plays but that's been the entire team this season.

See you said it again " he slacks on some plays "...........Melo should not be slacking. We are in dire times right now and who greater then our superstar to step up. Maybe Melo feels too much is on his back I have no idea but either way we still must look to Melo as he should be the team leader.

I think also the league is changing and Defense is what makes winners...........

Lets not kid ourselves Melo is shooting less then 40% so the 26 points is coming at a price and keeping other guys from getting involved. I think his energy might be better spent on the defensive end....

Always best to see your team leader giving a 100% all the time.......Remember last year when Melo dove into the crowd to save a ball and everyone in the garden went nuts ....well when was the last time you saw that ?

You have settled with who Melo is and call his lapses just lapses I call them bad leadership from our franchise player....

Whats we dont know is what coach Woodson is saying..........I am still blown away by his insistance that JR played the entire 4th quarter while JR said he lost his man the entire 4th quarter.....thats just mind boggling.

Right now we are in a disaster and if not our franchise player then who should give a 100% all the time.

12th man

you played ball before? It's almost impossible to be perfect on every possession. Everyone messes up or slacks on a play or two. NBA games are 48 minutes a piece more than any basketball league out there.

I agree JR should stop playing so many minutes until he drives to the baja more and plays defense.

I do want Melo to play more defense so I'm not disagreeing with you.

Superstar

All of this is wrong.

Career yrs are always subjective. I stand by all the players listed. They were clearly more efficient and accounted for playing with Dirk. Go look at Terry's numbers again. Gotta stop looking at PPG as the end all be all to everything surmising career yrs. I'm sure they'd tell you the same.

Veteran

you played ball before? It's almost impossible to be perfect on every possession. Everyone messes up or slacks on a play or two. NBA games are 48 minutes a piece more than any basketball league out there.

I agree JR should stop playing so many minutes until he drives to the baja more and plays defense.

I do want Melo to play more defense so I'm not disagreeing with you.

Nobody is asking for perfection......Just asking for effort.....Melo's lapses seem to be effort......Do you remember when Melo would guard Lebron .......thats the effort that should be put on the floor in every game.....especially when we have a huge losing streak....

JR should sit for 3 games.

Superstar

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Tyson didn't win DPOY in Dallas. He actually won it playing alongside Melo. He also made his first all star game and won a gold medal playing alongside Melo so try again.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    Tyson didn't win DPOY in Dallas. He actually won it playing alongside Melo. He also made his first all star game and won a gold medal playing alongside Melo so try again.
    That basically because the voters no how lax melo is on defense they needed to honor Chandler with being the total defensive force for the Knicks.....Obviously you can build a team around Dirk as he is that kind of player.....Now we can only hope is it possible to build a team around Melo or is his one dimenaional play make it nearly impossible. I guess free agency will be a good indicator of what other teams think of melo ..............Remember how nobody offered JR a penny was assunption that nobody wanted him.....I do not think Melo will be offered a max contract unless its a team that has a better STAR meaning a Lebron or Durant.