If Shump's Value Is High Then Why Are We??...

Broadway

All Star
The return of J.R. Smith could lead to the exit of Iman Shumpert given the belief that the New York Knicks might undervalue the young guard.

“The rest of the league seems to value Iman more than the Knicks do,” one Eastern Conference executive said. “And his value is high."

One plausible scenario is moving Shumpert for Denver Nuggets forward Kenneth Faried, especially when you factor in the health of Amar’e Stoudemire and Kenyon Martin.

Statement made about 3weeks ago

If I had to take a guess who's speaking there it has to be Grunwald although I begged to disagree at the time. Why are we the ones making most of the calls and/or being told no on what we're asking for? To my knowledge Shump's peak value is Dudley and possibly a couple 2nd rounders)…..but but but…but but….but but but why then are we….

According to league sources with knowledge of the team's talks with potential trade partners, president/GM Steve Mills' management team has also cited Mike Woodson's coaching as one reason for Shumpert's poor play.

"They're saying that Shumpert's a better player [than he's shown] but Woodson isn't using him right," one league source said.

This isn't the only means by which the Knicks front office has tried to sell Shumpert. And it's not all that out of the ordinary in the NBA to take this tactic. Heck, plenty of Knicks fans may agree with what the front office is saying about Woodson's use of Shumpert.

Statement made within the week

Please tell me this isn't what we're paying this clown for. Please tell me we're not paying him to try and hoodwink GMs in this fashion. I don't care if it's part of NBA trade discussion tactic. Trust this wouldn't be a story if we wouldn't show how desperate and incompetent we are. So instead of resolving the issue that's causing the asset to lose value, we instead would rather move the low valued asset while making excuses to rival execs. No wonder other front offices ask for everything under the sun when they talk to us.

Take notes for those of you who like to make excuses on this forum and where it can lead you.

UNREALITY!

shump is the media scape goat. msg releasing Ish to take our attention off of our 3-13 record. we win. watch.the rumors stop. now make a good thread for once. you all suck on this site

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

metrocard

Legend
shump is the media scape goat. msg releasing Ish to take our attention off of our 3-13 record. we win. watch.the rumors stop. now make a good thread for once. you all suck on this site

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

Even with me disagreeing with 3G4G 90% of the time, his 271 post outlap your 1,259 post about 50 times in terms of quality. You gotta try harder buddy, you sounding like a child sending post from that phone of yours.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
dolan would trade shump for a 2nd rounder, while the team receiving him flips shump for a first rounder

smh
This franchise will never get better or respected by players if we keep giving away our draft picks instead of developing them. Dolan is not afraid to spend money (I respect that), and he's actually committed to having a winning franchise...it's just too bad he knows very little about the game. I'm through with buying player Jersey's for the Knicks, there's no loyalty with this team.

Kiyaman

Legend
Since when Dolan became the Knicks GM?

At the start of training-camp when he sent GM Grunwald downstairs to manage the towel boy dirty towels.
Mills is just a name .. Dolan trust Mills less than he trust Grunwald & Walsh to make a trade.
I could actually see Dolan making this team stay together so coach & players gain a LOSER label 6-26 record for taking his $$$, before Dolan put on his GM cap to revamp the roster weeks before the February trade deadline.

Shump's attitude is something Dolan like in the bussiness world.
Dolan's Goldenboy Melo has been on Dolan's shiiiiiiiit-List since commenting on opting-out, and the 3-13 start is making the list stink even more.

metrocard

Legend
smh
This franchise will never get better or respected by players if we keep giving away our draft picks instead of developing them. Dolan is not afraid to spend money (I respect that), and he's actually committed to having a winning franchise...it's just too bad he knows very little about the game. I'm through with buying player Jersey's for the Knicks, there's no loyalty with this team.

I notice this franchise tends to scapegoat it's most valuable players and that actually decreases their value thus making us worse whenever we trade with another franchise.