New York Knicks @ Brooklyn Nets 12/05/2013 7:00PM

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
One of the announcers said in the 4th quarter that we could be the 3rd best team in the East if we got Chandler back, sure as hell sounded like Barkley. I can't be the only one who heard it.

I heard it too. It was Barkley who said it. He may be right. Chicago may have to say something about it, but with Chandler back, we have a chance. It all depends on Felton. We go as he goes. Also, we have to play hard and share the ball like tonight, every game. Not only when the game is televised on TNT or ESPN.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
In the East seeds 3-8 wont mean anything. Might as well save the time and just make it Heat vs Pacers now.

mafra

Legend
When Chandler returns, of course things will start to look better. Toss in Amare getting into some semblance of a groove... Shump and JR settling into form, and this team getting on a roll... We won't look like one of the worst teams in the NBA. I still think we need to swing a deal for a legit, pass-first PG...even if only slightly above league average.

But with Melo, Chandler and Bargs... There is nobody in the Rastern Vonference other than MIA or Indy that should beat us in a 7-game playoff series. We shall see what that men's comes June... But as long as we don't finish tb 6-7 seed, then we should be good to go to battle again in the second round... And see what happens.

i a glad we proved tonight we aren't the biggest joke in the game, and that we came out and battled. But truth is... Whenever you shoot three like we did tonight, you will lie anybody out. When will we shoot this well again though!

metrocard

Legend
When Chandler returns, of course things will start to look better. Toss in Amare getting into some semblance of a groove... Shump and JR settling into form, and this team getting on a roll... We won't look like one of the worst teams in the NBA. I still think we need to swing a deal for a legit, pass-first PG...even if only slightly above league average.

But with Melo, Chandler and Bargs... There is nobody in the Rastern Vonference other than MIA or Indy that should beat us in a 7-game playoff series. We shall see what that men's comes June... But as long as we don't finish tb 6-7 seed, then we should be good to go to battle again in the second round... And see what happens.

i a glad we proved tonight we aren't the biggest joke in the game, and that we came out and battled. But truth is... Whenever you shoot three like we did tonight, you will lie anybody out. When will we shoot this well again though!

I just hope we can trade Felton and Smith before the playoffs.

Chandler is good at C, not the best center but he does work. Hopefully his health prevails because most of his game is physical and without him 100% he's poor defensively and doesn't rotate well without a healthy body.

Bargnani has been great all season. I'm comfortable with him at PF while Melo can cover him in the rebounding department at SF.

when you think about it

SF
PF
C

we hold those positions down pretty well, it doesn't beat Indiana's George/West/Hibbert but we're top 3 in the East at least.

I feel like we need a PG because the Atlanta Hawks will beat us in a 7 game series since they have Jeff Teague to rip Felton up.

I don't want to trade Shumpert or Tim Hardaway. Keep everything valuable on this team for the futures sake, we already traded enough draft picks and young players.

PG - Prigioni
SG - Shumpert
SF - Anthony
PF - Bargnani
C - Chandler

G - Beno/Murray
G - Hardaway
F - World Peace
F - Martin
C - Aldrich

We'll be a better team without Felton/Smith

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Melo was phonomenal... there was a couple of plays at the end of the 1st quarter when I was like "dafuq Melo?" but at the end of the day 19/10/6 is some great overall effort. Also, I loved the way he and STAT played in the 3rd. I can only hope it was a statement game, like the one against Portland when Woody took over.

skisloper

Starter
I just hope we can trade Felton and Smith before the playoffs.

Chandler is good at C, not the best center but he does work. Hopefully his health prevails because most of his game is physical and without him 100% he's poor defensively and doesn't rotate well without a healthy body.

Bargnani has been great all season. I'm comfortable with him at PF while Melo can cover him in the rebounding department at SF.

when you think about it

SF
PF
C

we hold those positions down pretty well, it doesn't beat Indiana's George/West/Hibbert but we're top 3 in the East at least.

I feel like we need a PG because the Atlanta Hawks will beat us in a 7 game series since they have Jeff Teague to rip Felton up.

I don't want to trade Shumpert or Tim Hardaway. Keep everything valuable on this team for the futures sake, we already traded enough draft picks and young players.

PG - Prigioni
SG - Shumpert
SF - Anthony
PF - Bargnani
C - Chandler

G - Beno/Murray
G - Hardaway
F - World Peace
F - Martin
C - Aldrich

We'll be a better team without Felton/Smith
Amen. Feltons good game was based on him hitting his shots....and its a safe bet that most games he will not shoot as well as he did last night which is not what you want from your PG. I just wish Woody would start prigioni and let him run the offense and tell him he needs to shoot more.......If JR is not playing 30 minutes a game he will become a cancer in the locker room so we need to get rid of him.just dont who would want him....I would use Felton as the back up and let him and amare play together,.................Jr has become the worse Knicks defender. Between Shump and hardaway JR we do not need smith in any way shape or form.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Amen. Feltons good game was based on him hitting his shots....and its a safe bet that most games he will not shoot as well as he did last night which is not what you want from your PG. I just wish Woody would start prigioni and let him run the offense and tell him he needs to shoot more.......If JR is not playing 30 minutes a game he will become a cancer in the locker room so we need to get rid of him.just dont who would want him....I would use Felton as the back up and let him and amare play together,.................Jr has become the worse Knicks defender. Between Shump and hardaway JR we do not need smith in any way shape or form.

I agree about Felton. He is not a good shooter and he is not going to shoot consistantly well. Besides, we dont need our point guard to shoot a lot anyway. We need pass first shoot secong kind of a point guard on this team, and Felton is not what we need in a long run. If you use him as a back up , he will be even bigger locker room cancer than JR.
I would trade them both.

skisloper

Starter
I agree about Felton. He is not a good shooter and he is not going to shoot consistantly well. Besides, we dont need our point guard to shoot a lot anyway. We need pass first shoot secong kind of a point guard on this team, and Felton is not what we need in a long run. If you use him as a back up , he will be even bigger locker room cancer than JR.
I would trade them both.

Both have ZERO trade value yet Woody will play them with 35 minutes plus a night.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
As I watched the game Barkely made some good points. The Knicks are better when the ball is moving. A lot of posters mad this point here a while back. Melo slows things down and stagnates the offense. There needs to be a little give and take. Knicks can't play ISO ball for every possession.

I think Woodson is doing his best to keep the team together. He may be afraid to tell Melo the truth, which is he needs to alter his game for the sake of the team. He may be taking the path of least resistance to keep the players on his side. If Melo gets pissy he'll quit on Woody the way he quit on D'Antoni. Not saying this path of least resistance theory is right, just an observation.

bigapple

Starter
Keer said Knicks killed Nets key 3s

Will Nets b better when Williams Pierce b back?

Piecer is average 4-5/15 each game but Williams got some hormons treatment during his injury time i didnt know that
and some ppl said that he will be more often injure and he is 29 .

Kiyaman

Legend
I heard it too. It was Barkley who said it. He may be right. Chicago may have to say something about it, but with Chandler back, we have a chance. It all depends on Felton. We go as he goes. Also, we have to play hard and share the ball like tonight, every game. Not only when the game is televised on TNT or ESPN.

Barkley said it .. meaning the 3rd best team in the East is a .500 team, as if the East is full of D.League teams.
Barkley also mention D.League Murry must feel like its a family reunion when given playingtime