Would you trade Bargnani for Asik

tiger0330

Legend

Looks like the Rockets want to move Asik by Dec. 15 the date that FA's signed in the off-season can be traded. Bargs has been playing well but would you trade him for Omer Asik and say one of their PGs like Brooks, Lin or Canaan.

You're trading defense and rebounding for scoring. The trade works salary wise and both contracts end in in 2015. The Rox have said they want 2 first round picks which we don't have and Asik wants to be moved because he wants to start which he won't do here playing behind TC so it's not a perfect trade but the Rockets are looking for a stretch 4 and it's a plus that Bargs can play backup C as well so they may consider a deal.

clumsy

Rotation player
Don't get me wrong i think Bargnani helps Melo on offense, but our problems are purely defensive and Asik is a GREAT interior defender and also a great rebounder.

bigapple

Starter
not for Bargniani but for STAT +JR and with Felton anyway i dont think Asik value is as much as 3 knicks players

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Would I trade Bargnani for Asik? No, I wouldn't, becuase we don't need an unhappy Asik. And why would Asik be unhappy? Because he's not a PF and would play backup for Chandler. Also, if you get rid of Bargs our offense would get even less effective. Earl, Hardaway and Ray from Latta are too inconsistent to depend on them. STAT can get injured any day and Shump isn't that much of an offensive threat. It'd basically leave us with Melo being our only option... and nobody to space the floor to take little pressure of him... so, no thanks, I think we're better off with Bargnani.

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
AB is showing more promise day by day in my eyes. I just love the way he got in KG's mug last night. Give 'em JR Chuckles and Ray Ray

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
No way. Barg. is a much better offencive player and is not so bad on D, can block some shots, tougher than he looks
Liked how he stood up to that POS Garnett.

Kiyaman

Legend
Asik makes the Houston Rockets a FINALS team in the West .. HC Keven Mchale may not know how to coach but having Twin-Towers with PF-Jones give them rebounds, and a lot of fouls to give in a 7 game series with Casspi, Parson, Lin, and Harden controllin the tempo of each game.
In a series I dont see any of the West best teams hanging with them .. Spurs, OKC, Blazers, Clippers.

Asik prove he's a playoff experience player, Bargani hasnt.
Asik scores off of broken plays & put-backs, plus add stops.
Barg may score 15 points, but his defense gives up 20 points (4-13)
The better player in this trade would be Asik.

metrocard

Legend
Iono, I feel Asik is overrated. Its either him or Tyson. Both give you about the same thing, Asik has more NBA mileage left, Chandler not so much.

bigapple

Starter
Chicago is only team in NBA that have 8-5 record vs Heat since big 3 era this is really something and that answers something too
are they really better without ROSE and N8.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
some how work out a 3 team trade to get rondo, our team needs a real pg, felton cannot produce like this everynight

maybe send asik shump amare (they have inquired about him) to celtics, we get rondo, houston gets a pick from us and wallace and lee...numbers may not add up but might have to add fillers

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Chicago is only team in NBA that have 8-5 record vs Heat since big 3 era this is really something and that answers something too
are they really better without ROSE and N8.

They absolutely should have kept Nate Robinson.

jlfans

Rookie
http://ns.twhappy.com/?select=14,player,32
131207AndreaBargnani.gif

http://ns.twhappy.com/?select=13,player,240
131207OmerAsik1.gif

http://ns.twhappy.com/?select=14,player,237
131207OmerAsik2.gif

Asik is a great rebounder.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I'd love to have Asik but I don't think there's a good role for him to play in NY. He's not playing PF (doesn't want to, AFAIK) and he'd be unhappy playing 2nd fiddle to Tyson Chandler so it wouldn't really work. I'd much rather consider trading for one of their PGs...I'd bust a nut if Lin came back to NY

petescud

Starter
I think Tyson and Asik would be a defensive amazing duo...might work, though i like Bargs spreading the floor. Remember before he came what our offense looked like...i think we beat the Pacers last year with Asik/Chandler going up with Hibbert

uber

Benchwarmer
We would have the same "problems" with Asik that the Rockets are having right now. He doesn't like want to play behind Dwight and he doesn't want to play as a PF. And how the NY media likes to blow up everything out of proportion another drama is the last thing this team needs.