Bargnani at the Four

Red

TYPE-A
When TC gets back Bargnani should start at the four putting Melo at the three. His man to man defense is serviceable; and five rebounds is alright considering his play away from the basket. His help defense needs improvement but should be mitigated with TC. This puts Martin on the bench with a second team of Pablo, THJ, JR, Martin, and Stat. I guess Aldridge is there for Stats inability to play b2b. Bargnani is 7'0 250, averaging 15.4 with 1.5 blocks per in 17 games. I would assume if the kick out is there (and TC can finally learn to play offense) Bargnani can keep his average up playing at the four. Coach will probably bring him off the bench but that would be a mistake as it would change his role to just mainly a shooter when clearly he's more.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
i know 9 game losing streak was bad and all, along with TC's injury...but during all of this, bargnanis defense has become better each game with his only weakness with help defense, but we also saw a glimpse of it getting better in the last 2 games. when TC does come back, it will help a **** load for bargnani with chandler covering the post and the weakside. Right now we see melo playing that role and we wont get to see alot of weak side protection from him cus he is our main scorer and would be a liability for us on offense when hes racking up fouls. with the way the east has been, i think this learning curve will help us in the long run later in the season.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah, Bargnani's man to man defense is good. He played REALLY well against Dwight Howard a few weeks back and has been serviceable. My concern is whether he'll be able to guard opposing 4's, who are likely quicker than he is.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Dolan media are screaming, "Carmelo! Carmelo! Barg! Carmelo! Carmelo! WHY?

We just WON 2 straight games by 30 or more points using a 9+ Man rotation, and no-one seen the important role Kenyon Martin played in both games, being the MAN in both the (starter/bench) lineups.
Is it bc Kenyon Martin role does everything but score.

It doesnt suprise me, bc last year in our final 18 games of the season without Tyson Chandler we WON 16 of those 18 games on the strength of a no-scoring Kenyon Martin. A Kenyon Martin that knows how to bring out the best in his teammates.

REALLY!
Who is our best PF?
A) Melo
B) Barg
C) Stat
D) K-Mart

metrocard

Legend
11v5pog.gif

tiger0330

Legend
You would think that Bargs at the 4 and Melo at SF would be a no brainer when TC comes back but Melo is a better 4 than Bargs and Bargs is too slow to guard 3s to let him play at SF. We'll see but maybe the best team is not the one where all three of them are on the floor at the same time. Bargs can get plenty of minutes backing up Melo and TC at the 4 and 5.

Kiyaman

Legend
When Tyson Chandler return .. I want Tyson/K-Mart/ and Melo as the starters ... and I want Woody to be a real NBA HC and show off the bigman talent on the bench by putting Stat/Barg/and Meta in a lineup to close out quarters.

skisloper

Starter
When Tyson Chandler return .. I want Tyson/K-Mart/ and Melo as the starters ... and I want Woody to be a real NBA HC and show off the bigman talent on the bench by putting Stat/Barg/and Meta in a lineup to close out quarters.
Who at the point And who at sg