New York Knicks vs Boston Celtics 12/08/2013 12:00PM

metrocard

Legend
JR Smith said the 12 o'clock games is a bad time to start a game.
That must of been some party the Knicks were having last night.

metrocard

Legend
Post game quotes
Coach Woodson: "I wish I could explain it. Didn't see that coming."

Felton: "I don't think we had a bad effort. Those guys hit shots."

tiger0330

Legend
Post game quotes

Felton needs to be traded after a comment like that. It was a smack down in all aspects of the game, rbs, points in paint, perimeter shooting.

skisloper

Starter
Felton needs to be traded after a comment like that. It was a smack down in all aspects of the game, rbs, points in paint, perimeter shooting.

Traded. Nobody wanted Felton except the Knicks. Portland and Denver wanted nothing to do with him but he would only come to ny if he would be the starter.
Woody treats Felton and jr two players no team wants any part of as all stars.

Woody should be ashamed of today's game.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Agreed... I mean, wtf? They won two in a row by an average of 30+ pts, they played some great team-oriented bball, the momentum was there and then just like that they get blown out by a soon-to-be lottery team. If I was Woodson I wouldn't see that coming either. Woody may not be the best coach out there, but this disgrace of a season is 99% on the players. It's not even about effort, it's about playing dumb. I mean, I've seen hundreds of Knicks games and I've never seen Clyde being as mad as he's this season. I seriously expect him to stand up and yell at this idiots one day. But this is what happens when the average IQ of your team tops 50. If you got Melo, STAT, Earl, MWP and Felton on your team it cannot end well. If I was Tyson Chandler I'd demand a trade right now.

bigapple

Starter
If Knicks coach would be POP with his military type coaching style such players like Felton and JR would be Banned for unknown time .

point is Woodson is not using his entire roster i wana know why.

meanwhile Pistons just raped Heat and Bulls and their home floors yikes.

We got our heads handed to us. No silver lining to this kind of loss. Our next chance is Tuesday to show whether this game was the fluke or the last 2 wins were the fluke. My fear continues to be that we're going to make a desperation trade that will ruin our impending salary cap flexibility in 2015. After all these years, I can tolerate watching this dysfunctional mess for another season and a half if it means we have some hope to make a big splash down the road, with or without Melo after this season.

skisloper

Starter
Melo 5-15
Bargs 1-7
Felton 0-6
JR 1-5
Shump 0-6

Inexcusable from everyone including Melo.

Woody will now increase JR and Felton's minutes as a way of showing them he has faith in them...This is one of the most bizarre coaching situations I have seen........

To think we have no cap space, no draft picks and a star player that wants to test Free Agency after we gave up so much to get him here........

Paul1355

All Star
a 38 year old coach Brad Stevens outcoached Mike Woodson and his entire team

THe KNicks dont give a crap, they are milking this because they are not held accountable by woodson.

Where was Hardaway jr???

The team was not ready to play...AGAIN

I am tired of this...we should all be tired of this.

We won 54 games last season and got rid of dead weight except for Copeland. We should be just as good as last season and the fact that we are this bad shows something is terribly wrong right now.

We jack up shot and when we dont make the 3 WE LOSE...plain and simple. Only way we beat Nets and Magic was because we made amillion 3's.

Defense doesnot exist on this team and they could play so much better and they dont....wasnt Woodson known for being a defensive coach? My azz

Players are not held accountable (Felton, Shump, Smith, Amare, everybody)

This team is bad right now and Woodson needs to be fired along with trades that have to happen.

Amare, Felton, SHump and Smith trade them now....they all suck and are over rated

Kiyaman

Legend
Traded. Nobody wanted Felton except the Knicks. Portland and Denver wanted nothing to do with him but he would only come to ny if he would be the starter.
Woody treats Felton and jr two players no team wants any part of as all stars.

Woody should be ashamed of today's game.

Well put .. I guess another reason why Grunwald is no more. Next stop is Woodson st.

Kiyaman

Legend
Melo 5-15
Bargs 1-7
Felton 0-6
JR 1-5
Shump 0-6

Wow .. Im wondering what Spurs HC Pop wouldve did 10 minutes into the game when the score was 25-3 .....

Would HC Pop take out all of the 5 above players to have them sit at the end of the bench to watch their bench-players play the rest of the game? YEP! I seen HC Pop do it to "Duncan, Horry, Ginobli, Finley, and Parker" for playing poorly in a first qtr. game.

bigapple

Starter
a 38 year old coach Brad Stevens outcoached Mike Woodson and his entire team

THe KNicks dont give a crap, they are milking this because they are not held accountable by woodson.

Where was Hardaway jr???

The team was not ready to play...AGAIN

I am tired of this...we should all be tired of this.

We won 54 games last season and got rid of dead weight except for Copeland. We should be just as good as last season and the fact that we are this bad shows something is terribly wrong right now.

We jack up shot and when we dont make the 3 WE LOSE...plain and simple. Only way we beat Nets and Magic was because we made amillion 3's.

Defense doesnot exist on this team and they could play so much better and they dont....wasnt Woodson known for being a defensive coach? My azz

Players are not held accountable (Felton, Shump, Smith, Amare, everybody)

This team is bad right now and Woodson needs to be fired along with trades that have to happen.

Amare, Felton, SHump and Smith trade them now....they all suck and are over rated

dont compare last season Knicks we had Sheed and J Kidd Thomas and 6th man JR

now we got dribbler and slump Felton JR
no D

and Celtics raped us without Rondo

For me Woodson lost this team already

next game [if he will stay] vs NEts when D-Will Pierce and Terry will be availalbe i dont think Knicks will win if they will be playing like that.

Unless this noon game was hangover game .

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
Post game quotes

Felton should be benched for the season after a comment like that. Woody cant see anything, hes too blinkered. He needs to go sooner than later.

tiger0330

Legend
Raptors are trading their overpaid chucker Rudy Gay for a bunch of scrubs. Ujiri has balls making that trade but it was the right move, now do the Knicks have the balls to admit they need to rebuild and trade Melo to get something in return for him while they can.

mafra

Legend
1. Our starting PG/SG duo combined for a grand total of ZERO points (0-12), to go with 2 assists and 2 rebounds. BOS got 36 points (12-25), 9 assists and 13 rebounds from their starting guards. (Bradley-Crawford). Toss in the 10 points BOS got from Lee, and then subtract the 3 points we got from 6th-man-Smith...

Our top 3 guards combined to make 1 shot, while missing 17. BOS's top 3 dawgs shot 50% from the field (16-32). In other words, we were outscored 46-3 in this match-up. Again, we have to come to the realization that practically every game we play... we are at a disadvantage because the other team has the better backcourt. In fact, most nights it's miles apart. Sure, once every 13 games we'll catch lightning in a bottle and drain 12-23 from downtown... But, most games... It's nothing on offense, and then that gets compounded b/c it's more nothing on defense. Our guards cannot shoot, they do not create for others, they play no defense; a fast break bucket is virtually a near-extinct mythological beast.

If your QB sucks and your SP is lousy... You look ten times worse than what your team really is. Felton was terrible. BOS went up by 30. He left game, we cut lead to 17. He returned lead goes back up to 30. By half, team is dejected and gave up. Priggs should start, Beno and Murry get burn, Felton should be relegated to cheerleader role. This team needs to trade for a PG ASAP. Unfortunately, Vazquez just got dealt.

2. Knicks radio announcers stated it best, when the play-by-play guy asked the color commentator, what he would do when his team fell behind by 20 so early in a game. Color guy goes: "Coach would never allow it. He would call timeout after timeout if he had to. It just wouldn't get this bad this quickly." The issues are deeper than Woodson. Certainly this is a roster problem. Still, the front office is telling teams the coach is impeding the development of Shumpert. He's lost this team. He must be sacrificed. At least D'antoni resigned when he realized he lost the team. Woody must pay for this.

3. The Knicks are making it easy for Carmelo to walk. Knicks are going to be such a disgrace that even most of his harshest critics wont bemoan that Melo is fleeing NY. They'll admit he failed here, but nobody will claim he's running away. He's just jumping off a sinking ship. 14 years after Ewing era, baby Dolan will try to rebuild again. Lucky us.