New York Knicks vs Boston Celtics 12/08/2013 12:00PM

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
dont compare last season Knicks we had Sheed and J Kidd Thomas and 6th man JR

now we got dribbler and slump Felton JR
no D

and Celtics raped us without Rondo

For me Woodson lost this team already

next game [if he will stay] vs NEts when D-Will Pierce and Terry will be availalbe i dont think Knicks will win if they will be playing like that.

Unless this noon game was hangover game .

We had Sheed, Kidd and Tomas? You must be kidding. You forgot about Camby and Novak, lol.
Like Paul said, we got rid of dead weight. They were useless. Bench warmers. Kidd was playing at shooting guard position(why not at point guard, i will never know) and was very effective in the beginning of the season because he was hitting 3s. Then he lost his shooting touch and became useless. We traded Copeland, our second best offensive player, but this coach turned him into a bench warmer for no reason.
We actually got better players instead of that dead weight and should be playing better bball.
This team is disfunctional for other reasons which i am not going to discuss in this thread.

Kiyaman

Legend
We had Sheed, Kidd and Tomas? You must be kidding. You forgot about Camby and Novak, lol.
Like Paul said, we got rid of dead weight. They were useless. Bench warmers. Kidd was playing at shooting guard position(why not at point guard, i will never know) and was very effective in the beginning of the season because he was hitting 3s. Then he lost his shooting touch and became useless. We traded Copeland, our second best offensive player, but this coach turned him into a bench warmer for no reason.
We actually got better players instead of that dead weight and should be playing better bball.
This team is disfunctional for other reasons which i am not going to discuss in this thread.

That so-call dead weight (Old-Heads) were a Dynamic coaching-staff for a LOSER Knicks organization.
They took a LOSER Big-3 team with a 8-15 record in (2011-12), and this same LOSER Big-3 team with a 5-14 record now .. on a decent 54 win season in 2012-13.

Here are a few things the dead-weight Old-Heads brought to the Knicks lastseason:
1) Kept the lockerroom professional and discipline
2) Brang over 14 yrs experience to players/coaches in game situation
3) Kept teammates together during the 48 minute of ball-hoggin from ISO-Melo-JR
4) Stop high potential teammates from swinging at each other or glass
5) Started the season 18-5, and ended the season 17-6
6) The dead-weight seen NO future with the ISO-Melo Knicks, so they bowed-out at the end of the regular season.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I agree with Kiya. Those older veterans were big reasons in why I was confident in the team a lot of last season.

Kidd was a SUPERSTAR in several games.

Last edited:

bigapple

Starter
Cope is playing 80% less time than in Knicks

Novak was playing 3 minutes in tight games and 10-15 in blow outs

Knicks right now scored 3 blow outs @ MSG Hawks Spurs Celtics can u remember when it happen last time in such shor period?

Worst dissapoitment is JR he was really good last year but now he is @ Felton level.

Kidd was Knicks 2nd coach they were listen him more than Woodson
count how many games played Camby for Knicks last year and compare it to Sheed

this team is not working due reasons

Woodson is keeping Felton like Danotni Duhon
he wont let Murry or Udrih unless Felton is injured dont mention Prigioni and his D i dont get Woodson dont see that.

Knicks will probably score next blow out vs OKC @ MSG they just stopped Pacers
OKC one of the fastest teams in NBA right now.

Paul1355

All Star
Anyone who wants to trade Shumpert is hilarious to me.
what is also hilarious is how one game he went 23 minutes and had ZEROS across the board....who does that?

Bro he is not as good as you think is and if he is then he will not blossom on this team anytime soon.

Shump is too inconsistent

Paul1355

All Star
That so-call dead weight (Old-Heads) were a Dynamic coaching-staff for a LOSER Knicks organization.
They took a LOSER Big-3 team with a 8-15 record in (2011-12), and this same LOSER Big-3 team with a 5-14 record now .. on a decent 54 win season in 2012-13.

Here are a few things the dead-weight Old-Heads brought to the Knicks lastseason:
6) The dead-weight seen NO future with the ISO-Melo Knicks, so they bowed-out at the end of the regular season.

I agree Kiya...the old heads just brought stability and professionalism to the team that they are missing now, the players did not really help on the court except for Kidd's first half of the season and the coaching they all did during games.

Woodson is showing his true colors here and maybe this team just has too many bad eggs to work out

groundpilot

Benchwarmer

You make some good points. They did next to nothing on the court, but it looks more obvious now, how important was to have them for off court leadership and stability that is gone in their absence.
Woodson is incapable to provide that leadership and noone else on this team is capable to do that.
If Melo thinks he is a superstar and commands max contract, now is the time to step up. But i am afraid its not in him. He is not a leader by nature and he showed it throughout his career

metrocard

Legend
what is also hilarious is how one game he went 23 minutes and had ZEROS across the board....who does that?

Bro he is not as good as you think is and if he is then he will not blossom on this team anytime soon.

Shump is too inconsistent

He's basically in his second season of the NBA.

He only played about 100 games into his career.

We're going to quit on our main prospect into 100 games of his career?

Is this what we become as fans?

Do you remember Trevor Ariza? We let him go for nothing. He turned out to be one of the better two SF's in the NBA and developed a 3pt shot.

Shumpert already has a 3pt shot.
He has potential to improve his handling, passing and overall defense.

I don't think he'll ever be a superstar.

But what Shumpert will be is an important piece to a WINNING franchise.

He can fit the Danny Green/Raja Bell role perfectly.

He has the attitude, personality and confidence to do it.

You can him inconsistent now into about 100 games in his career, but what will you call Iman in 2015? 2017?

Knicks trade Iman away to a team that becomes contendant and you will realize what you gave up on.

Players like that you never let go, they're the piece for the formula of winning. Always have been and always will be.

Iman hasn't had a great season this year, but he has attributes that can produce months when he'll average 12-14 ppg, 3-4 ASP with great defense.

Theres like 4-5 months of the season, be more patient. You've giving up in the first two months...not even two months really.

Any Knick fan who gives up on Shumpert just reminds me of the fans that gave up on Trevor Ariza, just shameful and embarrassing.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Metro, i agree about Shump. He is a keeper. Yes, he is inconsistent, but so is everybody else on this team.
His development as a bball player was interrupted by serious injuries, and it takes time for a young player to show his full potential.
His confidence and fiery personality in addition to his impressive athletic ability is an asset and can not be dismissed.

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I agree, metro. It's sad to see any young guy on this team the way it's currently run. Let's take Kawhi Leanord. Could you imagine him being drafted and developed on this team? I'm not saying he'd have struggled a lot, but it wouldn't surprise me.