J.R. Smith - What happened? And more...

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
First off, it's no surprise, even after being awarded 6th Man Of The Year, he's inconsistent, but is this the worst he's ever been? Why?

Early on I think Woodson was good for him. It's good that he was hard on him, but recognized his incredible talent so he tried to play him more than others would have. Now his project turned into straight up amateurish and foolish. First Copeland, now all the guards on our current team have to take a back seat to the bad play of Felton and Smith. I don't even know if Felton moves the ball more than J.R. At least J.R. seems to go on good stretches where he's looking for his teammates.

I don't even dislike Smith as a player now, I think this might be a product of this poorly coached team, and maybe the poorly run organization. What good is Woodson pushing J.R. to be the best he can be if he can do whatever he wants on the court and have those minutes?

Is Felton this bad either? He's had slumps every season with the Knicks, but he never got this low, he's even looked well above average a good amount of games in his first and second season with the Knicks, and stepped up big time in the first round of the Playoffs last season. He's not a pass first PG, but he was acceptable as our starter.

I seriously can't wrap my mind around this. How can my feelings for some of these players from last season to now have such a dramatic turn-around? How could this mess have been going on this long?

erivera

Benchwarmer
woodson acts like jr's and felton's friend too much. he might say they need to do things differently, but he's not going to challenge them the way he should. woodson has always shows he's way too reliant on certain players. these players on this roster need somebody as coach who's not going to be their friend. they need a coach who sits them down when they deserve it. not someone who is relying on their "talent" to win games.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
What happened to the phrase, (this player) is in the coach doghouse, why after all this mess JR, and Felton aren't benched??!! we are losing anyway, so maybe pointing out their bad play will help in making them stop and see their bad things. a PG who do not pass!!!! that is a joke.

clumsy

Rotation player
JR smith was bound to fall nearer to his career averages. The big difference between this year and last year is Free Throws. Last year he attempted 311, this year he only attempted 25. It's actually probably because the Refs haven't been giving us any calls this year, combined with the fact that he's not driving as much.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
JR smith was bound to fall nearer to his career averages. The big difference between this year and last year is Free Throws. Last year he attempted 311, this year he only attempted 25. It's actually probably because the Refs haven't been giving us any calls this year, combined with the fact that he's not driving as much.
Nowhere near as much.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Mike Woodson being gone would give us a chance to fix alot of things.
Won't make us great but he is the main reason for a lot of things.

His daughter not bad tho