Knicks trying to trade for Kyle Lowery

skisloper

Starter
This is another Knicks JOKE .. Lowry!!! com'on Have anyone been watching Lowry performance the past two seasons in Toronto? Lowry equal Felton .. the two are decent 20 minute backup PG in the NBA. Lowry did well in Houston with HC Adeleman calling out the majority of plays .. Lowry played his best ball coming off the bench to back-up Brooks in Houston. Woody is not HC Adeleman, Woody has one play "give the ball to Melo to score". This have to be a media joke to convince the NO-GM Knicks to use Felton as the scape-goat for a 6-15 record by trading for Lowry LMAO. Lastnight, Felton had nothing to do with the Knicks losing a 23 point lead to a injury-ridden Bulls team.

I think this is more about Feltons injury and Woody not wanting Pablo or Urich to run the poin..and this of course is just DUMB.....

Felton for Lowry straight up or no deal...Just start Pablo and use Felton as a back-up if even........Its almost like if Felton is on the Knicks there is some hidden agreement that he must be our starter........Pablo's record as a starter is proven,,,,,,,we lack defense and he is our best defender PG on the roster so why is there even a question......Play him 25 minutes and use Felton as the back up.......

tiger0330

Legend
Report this morning is Dolan killed this deal. Good for him.
Dolan should butt out and leave the job to the pros. Oh I forgot he doesn't have any pros with Mills and Houston running the front office.

Dolan agreed to ship out Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Timofey Mozgov, Felton, $3 million in cash, plus a 2014 first-round pick and two second-round picks. Donnie Walsh, who was the president of the Knicks at the time, felt the asking price was too high and that by the Knicks waiting until the trading deadline, Denver ? which knew it had to trade Anthony ? would have agreed to rework the deal. Instead, Dolan took over the negotiations and agreed to it days before the deadline.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
apparently, Mills came to Dolan with the trade being an unprotected #1 AND Hardaway, dolan was like WTF and pissed that they leaked it out and shot it down

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
This trade isn't over yet.
Yesterday the Knicks declined an offer of Lowry for Felton and Shumpert straight up. Then we offered Felton-MWP but refused to include the 2018 pick. Between Toronto demanding the pick too and the media leak, Dolan pulled out. Today they are back in discussions so you know its only a matter of time til the pick is added. ALSO Tim Hardaway Jr will not be included in this trade, because apparently Dolan loves the kid.

Broadway

All Star

It's Good and then again very BAD I'll explain

But But But But….But But But 2018 first how is it relevant to re-building around Melo for the next 5yrs? That pick is rendered useless.

How come Dolan didn't nix the Bargnani trade, a trade that supposedly was made by Warkentein pushed on Grunwald? Who he eventually fired. Was he fired based on public perception on how Masai got over? Appears so. At the time though it involved CAA and didn't most Knick fans justify the trade because of Novak's salary and 2015 freed up cap space?

Well Felton is on the books in the 2015 so who is going to be Melo's running mate in 2015?<------------Another Legendary developing myth

What if Felton's $4.5mil salary is the difference between acquiring Rondo compared to Rondo and Love if Melo were to take a semi pay cut… let's say Kobe type pay cut?

Now Dolan won't do a deal but hey if we play Boston tonight and our guards get their faces blown off, then nothing can be said of our point guard situation. You best believe Mills couldn't get Miller from the Nuggets, Dolan passing on Lowry, Bulls picked up Augustin….the next team we contact will ask for the 2108 pick(since according to Isola the Rap deal was already agreed to). So while Masai may not be Dolan's cup of tea anymore get ready to insert the next GM as the one who will be.

Like I said last night we're in such a bad predicament. While we don't want to give up assets we still have to get deals done in order to improve the roster, else we won't improve the roster.

I wonder how Felton feels and will feel coming back after his injury? He's playing like Portland Felton, looks out of shape and not performing well. Portland Felton never responded well that year and I doubt this Felton will either.

petescud

Starter
I have to say to myself, how did they obtain Lowry? Did they give away a first rounder...I don't recall the Raptors giving Houston much at all for him. If the Knicks give away Shump, Hardaway and a First, then they need all their fans to give up on this team....I've been a fan since late 60's and i think they'd lose me. Lowry isn't all that much better then Felton imo. Whats he avg over Felton 4 more pts a game and 2 assist, and your going to give them the store for that

NY17KNICKS

&#9733;Melo Mafia&#9733;
I have to say to myself, how did they obtain Lowry? Did they give away a first rounder...I don't recall the Raptors giving Houston much at all for him. If the Knicks give away Shump, Hardaway and a First, then they need all their fans to give up on this team....I've been a fan since late 60's and i think they'd lose me. Lowry isn't all that much better then Felton imo. Whats he avg over Felton 4 more pts a game and 2 assist, and your going to give them the store for that

On July 11, 2012, Lowry was traded to the Toronto Raptors in exchange for Gary Forbes and a future first round pick

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
Mills negotiating with ujiri
10i9dzc.jpg

petescud

Starter
cool thanks...so basically they gave a first and nothing else...so why don't we offer something that doesn't include THJr and Shump. If Lowry is that much of an improvement, offer them Felton and our first. I know salaries have to match as well. Is it really worth it and the next thing you have to ask yourself is what type of $$ is this guy going to ask when his contract expires. Also where would you rate him as a PG. Is he top 10

tiger0330

Legend
Rockets got a 2012 protected 1st round pick which was in the mid teens and a filler player who they cut. BTW, have you heard what they did to Nathans on Central Ave. I know you're from Yonkers.

Broadway

All Star

The Raptors gave up Gary Forbes and what turned out to be a protected pick that landed in the lottery. OKC selected Steve Adams this summer with pick #12. They acquired the pick via James Harden trade.

petescud

Starter
Rockets got a 2012 protected 1st round pick which was in the mid teens and a filler player who they cut. BTW, have you heard what they did to Nathans on Central Ave. I know you're from Yonkers.

No i didn't hear, fill me in...i am from Yonkers (lived there 45 years) and still have plenty of family there

tiger0330

Legend
No i didn't hear, fill me in...i am from Yonkers (lived there 45 years) and still have plenty of family there
Well it's been closed for about a year and it just reopened. They said it was going to have the same food when it reopened but far from it. Now it's like going to a Nathans in a mall, franks, FF and burgers. You can't get corn beef, brisket and pastrami, knishes etc., it's 1/3 the size of the old one, they also got rid of the video game place. The rest of the space was used for new retail stores, I thought they owned the space but it is owned by a real estate developer. I'll probably never set foot in the place again, sad.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
May I suggest a scenario. The Knicks front office wants to keep Melo. I believe they will. Melo can make more in New York than elsewhere. He and LaLa would be comfortable in LA, but the Clippers have no cap space to absorb Melo without giving up Griffin. I do not believe that will happen. I cannot imagine that Melo wants to be back with D'Antoni and I don't see how he and Kobe complement each other. If we keep Melo, we have the same team next year that we have this year. We will be well over the cap and without draft picks. In the following year -- 2015 -- we will have both a draft pick and cap space for significant free agents and more of the cap space if we move Felton and Shumpert off the books. I see a trade for Lowry with a give up of Felton and Shumpert and perhaps a protected 2018 pick. I do not like this scenario.

bigapple

Starter
new 125$ contract already done i dont see MELO in LA

+ i dont believe in clippers and overrated Paul
seen Clippers vs Nets Williams back to lineup and Paul has been eated again

Nets won 3 games already