Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Knicks trying to trade for Kyle Lowery

Originally Posted by petescud
    I have to say to myself, how did they obtain Lowry? Did they give away a first rounder...I don't recall the Raptors giving Houston much at all for him. If the Knicks give away Shump, Hardaway and a First, then they need all their fans to give up on this team....I've been a fan since late 60's and i think they'd lose me. Lowry isn't all that much better then Felton imo. Whats he avg over Felton 4 more pts a game and 2 assist, and your going to give them the store for that
    On July 11, 2012, Lowry was traded to the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in exchange for [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and a future first round pick

Mills negotiating with ujiri

cool thanks...so basically they gave a first and nothing else...so why don't we offer something that doesn't include THJr and Shump. If Lowry is that much of an improvement, offer them Felton and our first. I know salaries have to match as well. Is it really worth it and the next thing you have to ask yourself is what type of $$ is this guy going to ask when his contract expires. Also where would you rate him as a PG. Is he top 10

Veteran

I have to say to myself, how did they obtain Lowry? Did they give away a first rounder...I don't recall the Raptors giving Houston much at all for him. If the Knicks give away Shump, Hardaway and a First, then they need all their fans to give up on this team....I've been a fan since late 60's and i think they'd lose me. Lowry isn't all that much better then Felton imo. Whats he avg over Felton 4 more pts a game and 2 assist, and your going to give them the store for that
    Rockets got a 2012 protected 1st round pick which was in the mid teens and a filler player who they cut. BTW, have you heard what they did to Nathans on Central Ave. I know you're from Yonkers.

Superstar

The Raptors gave up Gary Forbes and what turned out to be a protected pick that landed in the lottery. OKC selected Steve Adams this summer with pick #12. They acquired the pick via James Harden trade.

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Rockets got a 2012 protected 1st round pick which was in the mid teens and a filler player who they cut. BTW, have you heard what they did to Nathans on Central Ave. I know you're from Yonkers.
    No i didn't hear, fill me in...i am from Yonkers (lived there 45 years) and still have plenty of family there

Veteran

No i didn't hear, fill me in...i am from Yonkers (lived there 45 years) and still have plenty of family there
    Well it's been closed for about a year and it just reopened. They said it was going to have the same food when it reopened but far from it. Now it's like going to a Nathans in a mall, franks, FF and burgers. You can't get corn beef, brisket and pastrami, knishes etc., it's 1/3 the size of the old one, they also got rid of the video game place. The rest of the space was used for new retail stores, I thought they owned the space but it is owned by a real estate developer. I'll probably never set foot in the place again, sad.

Superstar

May I suggest a scenario. The Knicks front office wants to keep Melo. I believe they will. Melo can make more in New York than elsewhere. He and LaLa would be comfortable in LA, but the Clippers have no cap space to absorb Melo without giving up Griffin. I do not believe that will happen. I cannot imagine that Melo wants to be back with D'Antoni and I don't see how he and Kobe complement each other. If we keep Melo, we have the same team next year that we have this year. We will be well over the cap and without draft picks. In the following year -- 2015 -- we will have both a draft pick and cap space for significant free agents and more of the cap space if we move Felton and Shumpert off the books. I see a trade for Lowry with a give up of Felton and Shumpert and perhaps a protected 2018 pick. I do not like this scenario.

new 125$ contract already done i dont see MELO in LA

+ i dont believe in clippers and overrated Paul
    seen Clippers vs Nets Williams back to lineup and Paul has been eated again

Nets won 3 games already

Now we got Gilbert Arenas trying to join the Knicks smh

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Now we got Gilbert Arenas trying to join the Knicks smh
    The ghost of Isaiah still haunts this franchise.

as bad as we need a PG upgrade we should all agree to keep a 1st round pick and Hardaway JR.

I would like to trade Shump for something more than Lowry...maybe throw in Valacuinus and then we could throw in Shump and Peace but Raps would say no.

Just dont get screwed by ujiri

i like Hardaway over shummp to be honest

say waht?

Felton, Shump and World Peace....leave that offer on table nothing more

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Felton, Shump and World Peace....leave that offer on table nothing more
    For Lowry straight up? You're insane.