Originally Posted by metrocard
Let us not stand on ceremony, Mr. Skisloper.
This post is 100% bias, no facts.

Give your sources that "Nobody wants Melo"

Melo is averaging about 26 points per game and 10 rebounds per game, with almost 3 assist(should be 4-5 because he's been passing it a lot to Felton and Smith all year long but they haven't made shots) 1.1 steals and 0.5 blocks per game.

Melo is as big as a star you're going to get in the NBA.

Stop acting like theres 15 players out there better than him, because they are not. You cannot name them, so don't waste our time with these kind of post.

We need a more productive way of thinking, we get it you don't like Anthony...but why do we have to read the same thing every time?

The thing you're most wrong about is you're acting like Wiggins and Parker are better than Anthony.

Anthony as a Freshman at da 'Cuse averaged
22.2 points per game
10.0 rebounds per game
2.2 assist per game
1.6 steals per game
1.0 blocks per game

He led Syracuse as a LEADER to a championship.

This is one of the greatest seasons by any Freshman in NCAA history.

Until Wiggins and Parker do that, then you can speak of them in the same sentence as Melo.
Which is funny because Wiggins right now looks like Rudy Gay and Parker looks like Carmelo Anthony Lite.

Why would Suns pass up on the real thing just to have their team waiting for those two guys to take 2-3 years to become all stars and thats if they become all stars and avoid injuries.

Suns already have a great team now. Why wait till 2018 to be good?

Miami Heat is about to break up soon since Bosh and Wade will be passed their prime next season and a lot of contracts expire.
Duncan and Ginobili are bound to retire soon if Spurs dont win a championship.
Only teams Suns have to worry about are Indiana, Portland, Thunder, Clippers and Warriors.

Phoenix is 13-9, 2nd in the Pacific Division behind the fraudulent Clippers who rely on CP3 for everything.

Suns have everything the Knicks don't have.

Shooting.
Point guards.
Defense.
Big men who can hit 3's.
Rebounders.

Put Melo on that team and they'll be the top team in the Pacific division for 3-4 years under Melo.

You gotta hold that Skis, these are the facts.

1. Okafor has a HUGE expiring contract that will help us clear a lot of cap space
2. Phoenix has an abundance of draft picks so we can rebuild and start this team over
3. Phoenix can definitely upgrade in talent without giving up their main core players (Bledsoe, Dragic, Plumlee, the Morris bros)

Trade scenario 1.

Phoenix receives
Phoenix Suns Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +1.5 ppg, +1.6 rpg, and +0.6 apg.

Incoming Players
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] , 6-8, 235 lb F from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
25.6 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 2.8 apg in 39.1 minutes
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] , 6-11, 245 lb C from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
0.8 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 3.5 minutes

New York receives
New York Knicks Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -1.5 ppg, -1.6 rpg, and -0.6 apg.

Incoming Players
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] , 6-10, 255 lb FC from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
No games yet played in 2013-2014
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] , 6-11, 248 lb FC from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
10.5 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 1.0 apg in 27.1 minutes
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] , 6-8, 210 lb GF from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
12.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 1.4 apg in 27.1 minutes
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] , 7-1, 255 lb C from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
1.8 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.2 apg in 7.8 minutes

+

Minnesota's 2014 first round pick
Lakers 2016 and 2018 first round pick that Phoenix currently owns
Washington's 2014 First round pick
Phoenix 2014 First round pick

Most of these draft picks won't be lottery so the Knicks will need to have many just to build a team of solid players.
Of course my thoughts are bias no different then yours....
Metro I said in the past and will repeat....I do not think teams after seeing Melo only twice getting out of the first round of players, at age 30 , unable to finish games, and he himself admitting his way of taking so many shots is NOT a player the Suns want to pay a max salary to.......If Melo is willing to take less money I think alot of teams would take him..............I hope I am wrong and the suns take Melo.........

Your undeniable love in Melo's game as an all around all star is a bit over the top for me.,....

Listen 90% of the people on this board wanted JR and actually beleived we got him cheap despite no team offering him a deal.....I guess if and when Melo tests free agency we will see that either I am right and he is NOT offered a max contract or you are right and MAX contract is offered...u agree with that ?