OT: Suns Will Move Picks 4 Star

metrocard

Legend
Of course my thoughts are bias no different then yours....
Metro I said in the past and will repeat....I do not think teams after seeing Melo only twice getting out of the first round of players, at age 30 , unable to finish games, and he himself admitting his way of taking so many shots is NOT a player the Suns want to pay a max salary to.......If Melo is willing to take less money I think alot of teams would take him..............I hope I am wrong and the suns take Melo.........

Your undeniable love in Melo's game as an all around all star is a bit over the top for me.,....

Listen 90% of the people on this board wanted JR and actually beleived we got him cheap despite no team offering him a deal.....I guess if and when Melo tests free agency we will see that either I am right and he is NOT offered a max contract or you are right and MAX contract is offered...u agree with that ?

Stop repeating, all your points have been proven wrong not only by me but by others.
Melo isn't one player on a team. Nuggets only getting out of the West twice is a team concern. Not an individual concern, you have an extremely poor understanding on sports.
You're probably the type of guy to think and say "The Quarterback won the game."; even if the score of the game was 14-10.

Before last season, Melo was by far the most clutch player in the NBA in clutch situations. The whole clutch thing is overrated anyway. "Unable to finish games" LMAO, how many players in the NBA can finish games that aren't top 5 players? Melo more than has the ability to finish games, but his teammates need to finish with him. If guys aren't going to move without the ball, Melo can't do anything but go iso and that's a low% situation.

Amare has his best games when he's moving off the pick and roll and Melo will gladly assist him. Imagine what Melo can do with a legit big man when Amare isn't even a top 30 big man.

Suns would rather pay max salary to Blake Griffin? LOL...you sound like you don't even know how Blake Griffin plays beyond his highlights. Melo is a better player than Blake, Suns have a weakness at SF and Anthony can address it.

Anthony has 4-5 years left in him to play at a high level.
So does Blake Griffin.
Blake Griffin's game is 100% athleticism. Players like that don't even last by 28 years old. Forget 30. Anthony doesn't need athleticism to be extremely effective so he will always be good.

You're willing to pay Blake Griffin the max but not Melo, even knowing Blake Griffin has a history of injuries in his low extremity? You're extremely dumb.

Melo is a MAX player, you can't even name 10 guys in the NBA who can average 26 and 10 right now free.
However, a 5 year deal is stupid to any player that isn't 21-23.

Melo should get 3-4 years max to any team he decides to stay with.
This is the NBA you fool, guys like Channing Frye get paid big bucks. Keep dreaming and keeping yourself distant from reality because the reality is Melo is getting paid. I'm glad he is too just because it burns you inside.

metrocard

Legend
Maybe the Clippers Trade Collison and Griffin to us for Melo .......Clippers could use Melo and with Paul and Rivers leading Melo will be in a perfect situation.....We take Griffin and trade him to the Suns for 3 first rounders and some expiring contyracts.....

Clippers have Melo in a win now scenario
Suns have Griffin who they want...
Knicks have expiring contracts and 3 first rounders....

And Metro its not about who is best today.......Whether Wiggins or Parker would be as good or Melo or better is not my concern....They are young players that we can build around....The goal is to win an NBA championship for the Knicks not Melo.......In our, the knicks current state we can never win with Melo....

That works, whatever it takes to get the Knicks cap space and picks.

You sound misinformed about Wiggins and Parker.
First, before you ever type those surnames, do your research on the players and only speak of them after the 2013-14 NCAA season.
These guys haven't even played 20 games yet but you're trying to convince the forum that they'll be able to lead a franchise, finish NBA games and get their team passed the first round every season.
I think Wiggins and Parker will be good, but if you're going to have the same expectations on those prospects as you do with Melo, prepare to be disappointed and looking foolish.
Your reason for this is that they're young players, no scouting report on their game or how they would impact this team more than Anthony himself.
Your post are unproductive with no information or insight just feelings.
"That player is young, we should get him, Melo is going to be 30, he isn't worth the max"
Your logic doesn't get anymore retarded right now.
Keep it up, you're breaking records here.

metrocard

Legend
After reading the rest of McDonough's comments he gave the profile of what they're looking for. Sounds like it's Blake Griffin/Kevin Love. He said a player who's in his mid 20s and they can see being a Sun for yrs to come.

We still should blow their phone up but man it's going to be hard trying to trade Melo. Our brain trust doesn't want to trade him either which is so asinine.

I think we should work something with the Clips and Phoenix. Both teams are top in the pacific and want to improve.

skisloper

Starter
That works, whatever it takes to get the Knicks cap space and picks.

You sound misinformed about Wiggins and Parker.
First, before you ever type those surnames, do your research on the players and only speak of them after the 2013-14 NCAA season.
These guys haven't even played 20 games yet but you're trying to convince the forum that they'll be able to lead a franchise, finish NBA games and get their team passed the first round every season.
I think Wiggins and Parker will be good, but if you're going to have the same expectations on those prospects as you do with Melo, prepare to be disappointed and looking foolish.
Your reason for this is that they're young players, no scouting report on their game or how they would impact this team more than Anthony himself.
Your post are unproductive with no information or insight just feelings.
"That player is young, we should get him, Melo is going to be 30, he isn't worth the max"
Your logic doesn't get anymore retarded right now.
Keep it up, you're breaking records here.

Wiggins reminds me a lot of Durant......In the few games I have watched him as well as live at the Jordan Classic he does not seem to play with heavy intensity........Of course I listen to the scouting reports the experts ...Unlike you as much as I watch basketball I do like to take the advise of those in the business....not all but the majority is a good way to go.......Wiggins or Parker represent youth and we the Knicks have tried the route of bringing in players , trading picks away but never building through the draft......Last time we did we had 3 players Frye, Lee and Nate.......rather then build around that we traded everything or let eveything go always in search of something better while sacrificing what we have.....

It was mentioned Pheonix would like a Love or Griffin I did not say I would.......My plan was trading melo, getting Griffin and using him to obtain 3 first rounders.....

I was all for bring Melo to the Knicks.....It has been very exciting watching Melo and if he was 25 I would say sign him to a Max deal and build around him.....But again at age 30 I question what Melo has left in the tank....Will have what is needed to play defense .......

Listen I am not questioning if Melo is one of the best scorers , I am not questioning if Melo should have received a max contract from the Knicks....I am questioning whether Melo deserves a MAX DEAL NOW....

And you are right Wiggins, Parker and whoever else is not proven and comparing them to Melo in your eyes is wrong.........But when guys Like Durant get drafted nobody knows for sure how they wiill perform in the NBA does not mean you do not take a chance...SO YES....if i could get wiggins and give up Melo I would take the chances in a heartbeat............and I promise you the majority of the GM's all equal would take Wiggins for the next 4 years with his price tag over Melo.....see u keep talking about Melo but u need to include opportunity cost,

metrocard

Legend
Kevin Durant?

Kevin Durant in college:
25.8 PPG
11.1 RPG
1.3 APG
1.9 SPG
1.9 BPG
47% FG
40% 3PT
81% FT

Andrew Wiggins
16.4 PPG
6.1 RPG
1.3 APG
1.0 SPG
0.8 BPG
50% FG
36% 3PT
70% FT

I wouldn't mind either Wiggins or Parker to replace Melo, but if you're going to have these guys I expect you to treat them the same you treat Melo. They have to lead their teams out of the first round every season and finish games. Can you do that? Or does this only apply to Carmelo Anthony?

“There’s no player that’s out there on the horizon that’s a Tim Duncan or a LeBron James,” the Hall of Fame Syracuse coach told SNY.tv by phone Thursday.
“I’ve seen all these guys play. I think they’re very talented players. They’re not that kind of player. They’re not transcendent players that are gonna make your franchise into a 10-12-15-year winning franchise because you’re there. I don’t see that.” - Jim Boeheim of Syracuse

This is Parker's scouting video

and probably the most interesting comment from the video:

First of all Parker is the most decorated High School player of ALL-TIME! The kid won 4 state titles, 4 public league titles- while playing against arguably the toughest city HS basketball competition(Chicago Public League) and he is a 2X Mr.Basketball from the State of Illinois and a 2x National Player of the Year but NOBODY EVER mentions that! He's already a legend! Not even these experts and pundits at ESPN, NBA and CBSsports mention that because they are mostly just a bunch of overpaid cynics who don't even know how to play the game! So Wiggins being ranked #1 ahead of Parker while playing 75% of his career in Canada which is country thati just developing a basketball program is BS! Especially since Wiggins had to reclassify, then moved to Virginia, played at Huntingdon Prep and still didn't win ****! Now I'm not going to gloat over Jabari's skills because they speak for itself, the kid already has skills to compete wit Melo or Pierce now so I can't compare him to guys that he will probably end up better than. What I will say is that I don't like the fact that the media is making it seem like Wiggins is Lebron or Jordan athletically and that Parker can't jump over a broom. Who has Wiggins posterized in college yet? So far he's not nearly as nasty or athletic as Vince Carter was at North Carolina. And yes he does have a freakish vert which has to be around 44 to 45 inches but he hasn't made any series of jaw-dropping plays this year and when draftexpress does a scouting video on him you won't see that because he's not the most agile or fluid player so bieng able to jump high means nothing and he could very well end up like Gerald Green who can jump out the gym, run like a deer and has a marginal jumper, average handles and a step back move. But let's not forget Parker can jump from the free-throw line, has long arms(7'0 wing span), is very quick and fast enough to blow past guards(you see in this video). He also has great twitch fibers meaning he's not as shifty as somebody like Vick but he's definitely shifty like Cam Newton. I don't see Wiggins having that. Wiggins is just going to be grat in the open court he's going to be good but not great in the half-court. Parker will be good in the open court and great in the half-court. Meaning his upside is higher because his supreme level of skills is is more refined than Wiggins who really doesn't amaze you considering his athletic gifts!

Who would you rather have, Wiggins or Parker?

skisloper

Starter
Kevin Durant?

Kevin Durant in college:
25.8 PPG
11.1 RPG
1.3 APG
1.9 SPG
1.9 BPG
47% FG
40% 3PT
81% FT

Andrew Wiggins
16.4 PPG
6.1 RPG
1.3 APG
1.0 SPG
0.8 BPG
50% FG
36% 3PT
70% FT

I wouldn't mind either Wiggins or Parker to replace Melo, but if you're going to have these guys I expect you to treat them the same you treat Melo. They have to lead their teams out of the first round every season and finish games. Can you do that? Or does this only apply to Carmelo Anthony?

?There?s no player that?s out there on the horizon that?s a Tim Duncan or a LeBron James,? the Hall of Fame Syracuse coach told SNY.tv by phone Thursday.
?I?ve seen all these guys play. I think they?re very talented players. They?re not that kind of player. They?re not transcendent players that are gonna make your franchise into a 10-12-15-year winning franchise because you?re there. I don?t see that.? - Jim Boeheim of Syracuse

This is Parker's scouting video

and probably the most interesting comment from the video:

Who would you rather have, Wiggins or Parker?

I would take Wiggins.....and if I was the Clippers in a win now with their players I would take Melo a hundred times over Wiggins...for the Knicks we need to rebuild

skisloper

Starter
Yeah...I'm wondering if Carmelo is gone by the trade deadline...just get us some picks if that's the case...

If the Clippers want Melo and Suns want Griffin its an easy trade if the Suns will give us back 3 first round picks for Griffin. At the end of the day if we lose Melo for 3 first rounders i am satisfied....Trade Chandler for some a first rounder as well and an expiring contract.......throw this year away and look to rebuild with 4 first rounders in this draft along with Hardaway and Shump.......There would no better outlook for the Knicks .

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
if we trade melo, he can opt out and resign with us for the max

but what sucks more with that trade is , we wont have our own pick when we go super tank mode

Broadway

All Star
Not sure why the thread turned into a Jabari Parker Wiggins debate but according to Hahn's here some tidbits on point guards and what could be relative to this thread. Since we need a point guard and assets to build with?.

ICYMI: A list of potentially available PGs in the coming weeks, from last night's #Knicks Fix:

Kyle Lowry (Raptors): Toronto has already started blowing up the roster. Lowry is an expiring contract, so while they could just let him walk as a free agent, they might look to get a young asset -- and, of course, Masai Ujiri covets first round picks -- to let the veteran find a contending team.

Jameer Nelson (Magic): Orlando seems ready to part with the veteran, especially with a young backcourt of Victor Oladipo and Arron Afflalo developing in his absence. So far the word is the Magic would demand a first round pick. Nelson makes $8.6M this season and there is a team option for $8M next season.

Goran Dragic (Suns): While speculation was he would be on the move after Phoenix added Eric Bledsoe, Dragic has still been a big part of the team's early success. Will they eventually move him? Depends, but he has a contract that pays him $7.5M next season and a player option for $7.5M in 2015-16.

Jeremy Lin (Rockets): Don't think for a second that Houston wouldn't love to dump the "poison pill" contract they created just to get him out of New York. That $15M payout next season makes him almost untradeable, but the Rockets will try.

Eric Maynor (Wizards): When Dec. 15 arrives, Washington will gladly dump him for whatever they can get. He's struggled mightily there and knee and Achilles issues may be the reason. Maynor has a $2.1M player option for next season.

Jimmer Fredette (Kings): It's debatable that he is an NBA point guard, but it's also debatable that he is an NBA player. He's small, overwhelmed by speed and not a good enough ball-handler. But he can shoot. And, well, Jimmermania happened once.

naterob4

Benchwarmer
Why would the Suns trade for Melo when he can opt out and go elsewhere this summer? You don't give up a number one pick for someone unless your sure he will re-sign, or your in position to win a championship right now. I don't see Melo being moved and quite frankly I don't want him to be. Put defensive, aggresive big men with Carmelo, as well as a Prigioni and we will be a contender again. Only way I see him being shipped out is to the Clippers, LA is a bigger market and he would possibly re-sign there. No way in hell he re-signs with Phoenix and I'm assuming the gm there knows this!
Oh and I would take Parker over Wiggins any day. He's crafty, knows how to score and win, and can impact a game without taking thirty shots. Dude is a bonifide stud. Love his game.

skisloper

Starter
Why would the Suns trade for Melo when he can opt out and go elsewhere this summer? You don't give up a number one pick for someone unless your sure he will re-sign, or your in position to win a championship right now. I don't see Melo being moved and quite frankly I don't want him to be. Put defensive, aggresive big men with Carmelo, as well as a Prigioni and we will be a contender again. Only way I see him being shipped out is to the Clippers, LA is a bigger market and he would possibly re-sign there. No way in hell he re-signs with Phoenix and I'm assuming the gm there knows this!
Oh and I would take Parker over Wiggins any day. He's crafty, knows how to score and win, and can impact a game without taking thirty shots. Dude is a bonifide stud. Love his game.

the scenairo was never Melo to the Suns......Clippers would take Melo, We get Griffin and we trade him to the Suns for 3 first rounders and an expiring contracts to match numbers........Then you trade Chandler for an expirining and a first rounder......that would give us 4 picks......and in 2015 all the money we would ever need to sign key players and have a fresh young team if we draft correctly.

Kiyaman

Legend

Hate to bust ur bubble but the Suns do not want a halfcourt-offense ISO-Melo (they learn from Marbury).
We have to get rid of Melo asap before he have us trade all 14 players off the roster for not agreeing with his 48 minute of isolation system so Melo can keep his high scoring stats.
Past history is being repeated with Melo (Tyson & Amare injuries are looking like Nene & K-Mart injuries in Denver), its called Karma.

The Phoenix Suns used their medical staff in 2010 to try to hold onto Amare.
The Suns would take Amare two yr contract off our hands with the quickness if we offered it today.

Kiyaman

Legend
the scenairo was never Melo to the Suns......Clippers would take Melo, We get Griffin and we trade him to the Suns for 3 first rounders and an expiring contracts to match numbers........Then you trade Chandler for an expirining and a first rounder......that would give us 4 picks......and in 2015 all the money we would ever need to sign key players and have a fresh young team if we draft correctly.

Are u sure .. how long would HC Doc Rivers give ISO-Melo a pass for poor defense.
Doc Rivers is looking for another Championship Team, not being knocked out of the first round bc teammates are tired of ball-hoggin Melo not passin to an open back-door, slasher, or a open 3 ball shooter.