Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT: Suns Will Move Picks 4 Star

Superstar

Not sure why the thread turned into a Jabari Parker Wiggins debate but according to Hahn's here some tidbits on point guards and what could be relative to this thread. Since we need a point guard and assets to build with….

ICYMI: A list of potentially available PGs in the coming weeks, from last night's #Knicks Fix:

Kyle Lowry (Raptors): Toronto has already started blowing up the roster. Lowry is an expiring contract, so while they could just let him walk as a free agent, they might look to get a young asset -- and, of course, Masai Ujiri covets first round picks -- to let the veteran find a contending team.

Jameer Nelson (Magic): Orlando seems ready to part with the veteran, especially with a young backcourt of Victor Oladipo and Arron Afflalo developing in his absence. So far the word is the Magic would demand a first round pick. Nelson makes $8.6M this season and there is a team option for $8M next season.

Goran Dragic (Suns): While speculation was he would be on the move after Phoenix added Eric Bledsoe, Dragic has still been a big part of the team's early success. Will they eventually move him? Depends, but he has a contract that pays him $7.5M next season and a player option for $7.5M in 2015-16.

Jeremy Lin (Rockets): Don't think for a second that Houston wouldn't love to dump the "poison pill" contract they created just to get him out of New York. That $15M payout next season makes him almost untradeable, but the Rockets will try.

Eric Maynor (Wizards): When Dec. 15 arrives, Washington will gladly dump him for whatever they can get. He's struggled mightily there and knee and Achilles issues may be the reason. Maynor has a $2.1M player option for next season.

Jimmer Fredette (Kings): It's debatable that he is an NBA point guard, but it's also debatable that he is an NBA player. He's small, overwhelmed by speed and not a good enough ball-handler. But he can shoot. And, well, Jimmermania happened once.

Why would the Suns trade for Melo when he can opt out and go elsewhere this summer? You don't give up a number one pick for someone unless your sure he will re-sign, or your in position to win a championship right now. I don't see Melo being moved and quite frankly I don't want him to be. Put defensive, aggresive big men with Carmelo, as well as a Prigioni and we will be a contender again. Only way I see him being shipped out is to the Clippers, LA is a bigger market and he would possibly re-sign there. No way in hell he re-signs with Phoenix and I'm assuming the gm there knows this!
    Oh and I would take Parker over Wiggins any day. He's crafty, knows how to score and win, and can impact a game without taking thirty shots. Dude is a bonifide stud. Love his game.

Veteran

Originally Posted by naterob4
    Why would the Suns trade for Melo when he can opt out and go elsewhere this summer? You don't give up a number one pick for someone unless your sure he will re-sign, or your in position to win a championship right now. I don't see Melo being moved and quite frankly I don't want him to be. Put defensive, aggresive big men with Carmelo, as well as a Prigioni and we will be a contender again. Only way I see him being shipped out is to the Clippers, LA is a bigger market and he would possibly re-sign there. No way in hell he re-signs with Phoenix and I'm assuming the gm there knows this!
    Oh and I would take Parker over Wiggins any day. He's crafty, knows how to score and win, and can impact a game without taking thirty shots. Dude is a bonifide stud. Love his game.

the scenairo was never Melo to the Suns......Clippers would take Melo, We get Griffin and we trade him to the Suns for 3 first rounders and an expiring contracts to match numbers........Then you trade Chandler for an expirining and a first rounder......that would give us 4 picks......and in 2015 all the money we would ever need to sign key players and have a fresh young team if we draft correctly.

Veteran

Originally Posted by naterob4
    Hate to bust ur bubble but the Suns do not want a halfcourt-offense ISO-Melo (they learn from Marbury).
    We have to get rid of Melo asap before he have us trade all 14 players off the roster for not agreeing with his 48 minute of isolation system so Melo can keep his high scoring stats.
    Past history is being repeated with Melo (Tyson & Amare injuries are looking like Nene & K-Mart injuries in Denver), its called Karma.

The Phoenix Suns used their medical staff in 2010 to try to hold onto Amare.
    The Suns would take Amare two yr contract off our hands with the quickness if we offered it today.

Veteran

Originally Posted by skisloper
    the scenairo was never Melo to the Suns......Clippers would take Melo, We get Griffin and we trade him to the Suns for 3 first rounders and an expiring contracts to match numbers........Then you trade Chandler for an expirining and a first rounder......that would give us 4 picks......and in 2015 all the money we would ever need to sign key players and have a fresh young team if we draft correctly.
    Are u sure .. how long would HC Doc Rivers give ISO-Melo a pass for poor defense.
    Doc Rivers is looking for another Championship Team, not being knocked out of the first round bc teammates are tired of ball-hoggin Melo not passin to an open back-door, slasher, or a open 3 ball shooter.