Page 66 of 118 FirstFirst ... 163646606162636465666768697071728696116 ... LastLast

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Veteran

I'm confused by the Melo recruiting Rondo stories. If true, does that mean he's recruting Rondo to us for 2015 (we sure don't have the assets to trade for him before then) or is he recruiting him to another team that he plans on going to (seems a little ridiculous a theory). I don't know about you fellas, but a starting lineup of a top free agent big man (e.g. Love), Melo, Shump, THJ, and Rondo in 2015, assuming Rondo is healthy, might get me back on board for re-building this team around Melo if he is going to stay. Then again, the whole Rondo-Melo thing is most likely completely bunk, but whatever.

Veteran

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Following up from yesterday:

The Knicks did nothing special, though they did come out in the second half clearly committed to running more motion-based plays and generally playing the kind of offense an NBA team should play. They ran a few Carmelo Anthony–Andrea Bargnani pick-and-pops, and they thrived whenever they posted Anthony up against the game but overmatched Alan Anderson. Anthony loves to catch the ball, face up in one-on-one situations, and take midrange jumpers off the bounce...But the Knicks are so, so much better when Anthony challenges himself to do the harder things — running pick-and-rolls that require him to read multiple layers of defense, and bullying smaller wings on the block. Those actions unleash his power as a passer by drawing multiple defenders at him in ways that almost force the ball from his hands.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The Brooklyn Nets ran a 10-man rotation, out of those 10 players 5 belong in the D.League.
    G.M. King spent all the Nets money on the Boston Trade, and Joe Johnson & Deron Williams.
    For King to fill the roster with over 13 players to start the season, King added cheap D.League players,
    forgetting to add the main player .. a veteran backup PG for Deron, ala Derrik Rose...

Veteran

Default Should we be in the trade-thread discussing Melo's departure ASAP???

Through 16 games, Carmelo Anthony averaged 22 shots a game for the Knicks. The Knicks were 3-13.
    “Me scoring 30 wasn’t working,” Anthony said.

So for two nights in a row, Anthony barely broke double figures in attempts. He tried 12 against the Nets. He attempted 10 against the Magic on Friday.

“For me, I wanted to do something a little different to see if it worked,” said Anthony.

Notice how he says "I" all the time...like he thought this up?
    Naw, had nothing to do with the entire team calling Melo's chucking ass out in public all these weeks, right?
    Just Good old Melo from the bottom of his great heart thought this all up on his own.
    Shower him with praise, people, shower him with praise. The Press is saying, "Carmelo Anthony provided the Knicks with 2 wins"

will Melo go right back to chucking soon enough. He did this under D'Antoni, he did it last year at one point, and the rest of the season he chucks. Why would THIS be any different THIS time around?

You can see it on his face during games he doesn't want to be here and doesn't want to play "like this". He is full of it and I'm not buying it. We will ride the "LeBron Anthony" week for all it's worth and then go right back to him & JR chucking, ball-hoggin, stoppin the ball, walkin the ball

Melo doesnt make other players better but this team doesnt help him either.

I would understand if he jumped ship...we suck

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Melo doesnt make other players better but this team doesnt help him either.

I would understand if he jumped ship...we suck
    I dont think we will suck more without him. In fact, i think we will play better team bball.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Ground, I'd have to disagree. This team isn't good enough to play team ball. A team ball concept with Felton, Smith, Amare and Bargnani on the floor at the same time will never work for us or them.

Spurs can play team ball because they have Parker and Duncan, two guys who can make the system work and let other players fit in like Patty Mills and Marco Belinelli.

Miami can play team just because of LeBron's presence on the court.

I don't think Melo will be on a Duncan, Chris Paul or LeBron level, he's still a top 10-15 player easily. Melo would have a lot easier team replacing Paul George in Indiana.

Hill
    Stephenson
    Anthony
    West
    Hibbert

would be as successful as George's Pacers...it's all about the team.

Do you think he keeps 7 or goes back to 15?

12th man

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Do you think he keeps 7 or goes back to 15?
    I like the 7 number, 15 is cool too, but 7 has its own legacy which I hope Melo tries to build in NY which is why he should stay here. He'll be remembered as the guy that tried to get a championship to New York. Even if he doesnt win one, he could have a Reggie Miller legacy.

Superstar

I didn't mean he isn't a #1 scoring option. He is an incredible offensive player, it's just clear he cannot lead a bad roster to a 500 or above record by himself as he cannot change the game on defense like he can on offense. He's a very good player but it's no secret he's not Lebron...i wouldn't even say he's Paul George.

Why i think we should short change him is because Carmelo only wants to play in certain cities. If he really wants to stay in NYC and win a chip in NYC give them he should give us the discount then (and Dolan should pay him under the table and with Ads). I hate what Kobe did to the Lakers, he sealed their fate as being a non factor the next 2 years. I have no clue why Carmelo would want to go to that situation now, where 1/2 the cap goes to Kobe's salary. What other team has the cap to sign Carmelo, and is in a place he wants to go to?

12th man

Originally Posted by clumsy
    I didn't mean he isn't a #1 scoring option. He is an incredible offensive player, it's just clear he cannot lead a bad roster to a 500 or above record by himself as he cannot change the game on defense like he can on offense. He's a very good player but it's no secret he's not Lebron...i wouldn't even say he's Paul George.

Why i think we should short change him is because Carmelo only wants to play in certain cities. If he really wants to stay in NYC and win a chip in NYC give them he should give us the discount then (and Dolan should pay him under the table and with Ads). I hate what Kobe did to the Lakers, he sealed their fate as being a non factor the next 2 years. I have no clue why Carmelo would want to go to that situation now, where 1/2 the cap goes to Kobe's salary. What other team has the cap to sign Carmelo, and is in a place he wants to go to?
    Melo's offense is better than George. George is privileged to be on the great team. if you put George to play next Felton, Smith and Stoudemire, he struggle tremendously. He wouldn't even come close to average 3 assist a game and his FG% would plummet.

You're 100% misinformed.

No one can lead this roster over .500. Knicks being bad isn't on Melo, it's the overall roster that's terrible.

You're too lazy in the mind thus putting it all on Melo. It's getting tiresome.

Trade Icon Carmelo for Griffin

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

this is just new Dolan idea?

What Girffin can do more besides his borning dunking and from time 2 time jumpers?

can he shoot 3s can he shoot fadeway can he do crossovers? he is even lame @ FT

12th man

You should be banned for the thread title. A lot of people will think this is an official trade when it's just speculation.

No .

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    You should be banned for the thread title. A lot of people will think this is an official trade when it's just speculation.

If we keep losing easy game, after easy game I was going to put up a THREAD of trading Melo in a 4 team trade just for draft picks. Little do some peeps know this roster is a decent playoff roster without ISO-Melo, and Woodson preteen coaching.

Lin, Parson, and a pick for high scorer Melo.

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard

Thats a good deal if Melo is not staying IF we can then trade Griffin to the Suns for 3 first rounders.