Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks vs Atlanta Hawks 12/14/2013 7:30PM

Veteran

4 minutes left in the game, and its a sure 7th win of the season.
    Now we can give the ball to Melo to play ISO-Melo (his points mean nothing after Barg/Prig points gave us a 11 point lead)

guys why is JR crying?

JR needs to stop f**king crying like a little bitch.

Superstar

Thank goodness the Hawks turned the ball over 27 times tonight. Melo feeling good stat padding at the end. We're still no good but this keeps Woodson safe a little while longer.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I thought you guys wanted Melo to close out games? Now he that he does, you guys call it stat padding in the end?

LOL...that's clown behavior, stop it guys. You can give Melo credit at least once, especially after a good game.

59% shooting from Melo and a couple of boards to go with a few dimes and perfect at the ft-line. Just another night at the office for our superstar.

Our guys played great tonight...JR needs to get back in the gym and practice. Amazing we can't rest our guys without the backups making us nervous, i was hoping we wouldn't choke. I was impressed with Prigs, Melo, STAT, THJr and Bargs the most tonight. When the shots are falling we look good

Superstar

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I thought you guys wanted Melo to close out games? Now he that he does, you guys call it stat padding in the end?

LOL...that's clown behavior, stop it guys. You can give Melo credit at least once, especially after a good game.

Much easier to hit those shots when the team is leading by double digits. I've always said we shouldn't play games that come down to 1-2 possessions. I wouldn't call what he did clutch because the game was never really in question down the stretch. He played relatively decent sans maybe half a dozen ISOs. Big up to Bargs too who managed not to be zero sum tonight. I'm not looking for nor cobra clutching lusting for a hero to worship like you and a few others.

We won as a team tonight and hopefully we can do this a lot more than 7 times out of 23 tries.

Overall the Hawks gave us the win though….

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Much easier to hit those shots when the team is leading by double digits. I've always said we shouldn't play games that come down to 1-2 possessions. I wouldn't call what he did clutch because the game was never really in question down the stretch. He played relatively decent sans maybe half a dozen ISOs. Big up to Bargs too who managed not to be zero sum tonight. I'm not looking for nor cobra clutching lusting for a hero to worship like you and a few others.

We won as a team tonight and hopefully we can do this a lot more than 7 times out of 23 tries.

Overall the Hawks gave us the win though….
    Easy to hit those shots? Lets see you walk on MSG and try doing that. It was a 5 point game anyway. I'm just tired of people blaming Melo for losses but not giving him any credit when he has a great game.

Wins become team related, but losses aren't.

Melohate logic at it's best.

Superstar

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Easy to hit those shots? Lets see you walk on MSG and try doing that. It was a 5 point game anyway. I'm just tired of people blaming Melo for losses but not giving him any credit when he has a great game.

Wins become team related, but losses aren't.

Melohate logic at it's best.
    Yes it's easier to hit those shots when the games aren't 1-2 possession and that goes for any player because the pressure is less. I'm debunking the notion you have to have a go to scorer to win games. No you don't, you should play games to such a degree they aren't always nail biters and play team basketball and wins like tonight will be much easier to come by. Playing hero ball won't.

As far as blame Melo will get the bulk of it as he does(credit) when the team wins but make no mistake about it everyone this year has been getting trashed for their poor play(also coaches). If you feel otherwise you're only allowing your relationship with being a Melo fan to not see this.

Veteran

Good game but the Hawks really helped us out with 27 TOs. I know Woodson's coaching has been kinda iffy lately but the one good thing about no ball movement is that you keep TOs to a minimum

Veteran

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Good game but the Hawks really helped us out with 27 TOs. I know Woodson's coaching has been kinda iffy lately but the one good thing about no ball movement is that you keep TOs to a minimum

Lets just hope if Felton makes some miracle recovery that Woody not pull Pablo from the starting line-up....

True, if the Hawks turned the ball over less then they win. But if i'm right, we are still missing our starting center, and they are missing no one, now that Lou is back....so, its still a good win

Veteran

Originally Posted by petescud
    True, if the Hawks turned the ball over less then they win. But if i'm right, we are still missing our starting center, and they are missing no one, now that Lou is back....so, its still a good win
    I hear ya. Too bad the fact that Lou Williams burns us is a telling sign that our PG defense sucks and we have nobody in the center who can play help defense. Bargnani is OK man to man but on help d he just sucks...you'd think Woodson could teach him something...Bargnani is tall and long he shouldn't need that much coaching to become a good help defender.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    I hear ya. Too bad the fact that Lou Williams burns us is a telling sign that our PG defense sucks and we have nobody in the center who can play help defense. Bargnani is OK man to man but on help d he just sucks...you'd think Woodson could teach him something...Bargnani is tall and long he shouldn't need that much coaching to become a good help defender.
    i'm hopin Chandler shows Bargs how to help. I do like the combos though of STAT-Melo and TC as well as Bargs/Melo/TC...I'm hoping we take off a bit when TC returns. We do need a PG and i think our best SG is the Rookie