Developing: JR Smith vs...Coach Woodson!? JR GOTTA GO

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
During the New York Knicks victory over the Chicago Bulls, head coach Mike Woodson chided Smith for his poor shot selection, according to the New York Daily News' Frank Isola. Never one to shy away from confrontation, Smith reportedly had some words of his own for Woodson

According to a team source, Woodson admonished Smith for poor shot selection during the Bulls game and then became upset over something Smith said on the bench. Woodson waited until after the game to express his disappointment with Smith?s attitude and reminded the volatile shooting guard that he?s been his strongest advocate for the past two seasons."Mike said that after all I?ve done for you I can?t have you talking back to me like that," the source claimed. The same source added that Smith made a lewd comment that angered Woodson.

Good move, Swish. Argue with Coach Woody after he's defended you more than anyone else these last two seasons. Good move.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1889682-jr-smith-mike-woodson-reportedly-exchanged-heated-words

I've got nothing to say other than JR needs to go.

mafra

Legend
I said it this Summer, Woody maximized the production JR would ever give to an NBA team, and it still wasn't nearly enough to justify bringing him back... WHat I mean, is that although JR was very solid during the regular season (avg 17 ppt) and given our cap position was probably ten times better (potential) than his replacement player, the man still wasn't worth bringing back to this team for a few reasons:

1. Attitude. JR was humbled nobody offered him money as a free agent. We got Smith on his best behavior bc he wanted to get paid. By past behavior is best indicator for future behavior... And there was too much evidence that this was a major headache and team cancer.

2. Surgery. JR wasn't going to be fully healthy to start this season.

3. St importantly, JR was slightly better than Novak come playoffs. I other words, he's a complete flop when it matters... When you need mentally tough players to depend on. He never played we'll in DEN either. We are built to compete in June... And obviously JR isn't the answer for that.

not only do we bring him back, it we sign is brother. Yikes. I'm not surprised by this. I imagine if we do not find a trade partner, we will cut JR by March.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
1475935_577967148942498_1096403401_n.jpg

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Wow. I know Smith has had his issues, but he should be extremely grateful for what Woodson has done for him.

The funny thing is he STARTED last night. These two guys...

tiger0330

Legend
I was wondering why JR was passing up shots in Boston, throwing his hissy fit at Woody. JR just another in a long line of players that sign a nice contract and then become untradeable.

skisloper

Starter
Wow. I know Smith has had his issues, but he should be extremely grateful for what Woodson has done for him.

The funny thing is he STARTED last night. These two guys...

if he was grateful he would have never elbowed Terry, Partied before the playoffs, get busted for smoking weed ...Thats not a grateful guy

bigapple

Starter
u can create movie from 6th man award to complete slump as worst SG in this leage.

this 20 mln total can be his last in this legue

right now i am reading that there is word fight between coach and player

so why he was in S5 vs hawks then.

bigapple

Starter
all sides will be happy JR have like some1 MJ atleticism but simply he have to LOW IQ and simply dont know how to use it

still dont get it just 7 months ago he was scoring 20+ regulary and now he is on Shump level well maybe a bit better