Thread: New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards 12/16/2013 7:30PM

Threaded View

Originally Posted by 3G4G
    Pau and Kaman pretty much recently called out Mike D'Antoni. It actually happens quite often in this league.
    They complained about the way they were being used. So did Gortat.

The media and the fans can connect the dots. Melo said that Woody took the blame, so he's not gonna speak anymore on that.

But other than that, I'm not sure what he could have said that wouldn't have people thinking that it's him flexing his muscles cause Dolan has him running the team.

A timeout should have been called, either on the floor, or by the coach. If the players don't call it...why weren't they following the coach's directions to do so. If the players aren't doing it, why isn't the coach doing it?

The coach then says "that's on me. I should have been ready and called it after the made shot."

Melo says Woody took the blame, that's that. He has no problem with him... and suddenly folks have Melo making personnel decisions...

I'm still not quite there yet.

I would love to know what the hell Melo was doing walking the ball up like he wasn't quite sure what was going on. Then taking a shot 1-on-3. But the part about Dolan having him control the team because he essentially DIDN'T SAY "my coach is a bald idiot, you guys see that confused stare on his face all fuggin game."

But the point about Pau, Kaman, and I'll throw in Gortat, recently calling out the coach indirectly...see my point about Melo being so politically correct all the time that he doesn't really publicly say anything.

And at this point, I'm not sure if I blame him. I know if I was gonna be characterized as "selfish" cause I'm doing and saying the same things as my peers? I would say a whole lot of nothing too. Why not?

<----------- EDIT ------------->

Actually, recently on a post-game show on MSG. Woodson sat right in front of the media and said "sometimes I call those plays for Melo on the wing, at the end of games. If someone is going to take that shot, I feel pretty comfortable with him taking it."

And in the same post game show, when interviewed in the locker room, Melo said "my teammates have to know I trust them too. I mean...I'm glad they have that faith in me to take them shots, but they gotta know I have faith in them too. I can't take those shots all the time."

I'd say that's Melo going a bit against the grain of what his coach said. It's not as direct as "I don't like how I'm being used. You see it out there." like Pau did.

But once again, that political correctness is tiresome.
    Last edited by nuckles2k2; Dec 17, 2013 at 15:17.