Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards 12/16/2013 7:30PM

We are devoid of competent leadership period. Both in the form of a coach and on-floor leader, we are lacking.

The verdict is in. Blow it the f*ck up.

We don't have a solid game plan and no one with the stones to take charge; and the last player we did have ready to step up, take charge, and be unafraid to lead sadly was Jeremy Lin.

Real recognizes real and there is not one soul in Knick land who is a real leader. Its the blind leading the blind.

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    Woodson can foul a cabby on the way home and take a timeout if the cabby get mad.
    Repped. Laughing out loud.

Nineteen thousand people knew enough to call a timeout there. One coach didn’t. His players have been loud in their defense of him throughout these nightmarish 24 games, but what good is any of that? How do you defend a coach who oversees those final 24.2 seconds?

Here’s the thing: You can’t. Not after this. If the ax is coming, the ax is deserved, and it’s impossible to act surprised if and when it does. It was that bad. It was worse than that bad. Losing is one thing. This was different.
    Mike Vaccaro NY Post

He is right on the money Mr Vaccaro. This was more than a loss.

Superstar

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Melo looked like he had money on the other team and was throwing the game. Bringing the ball up with no sense of urgency and the jacking up that last shot. A vet with the experience he has if he had anything under the cap should have called timeout in that situation.
    + Infinity or + Pie

Bubble Guts had no desire, no heart, didn't try to get to the center of the court didn't try to get close to the rim. I mean even an out of shape drunkard can dribble the ball from end to end in 6 sec. Melo barely got past half court.

But we've been told that's why we got him, that's why you have to have a go to guy, a star. The ball seems to find a way into his hands and thus far according to his apostles he isn't to blame for the results, look elsewhere.

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    I've been trying to stay patient with Woodson but what happened today was just unacceptable. How many blunders can one team make in a minute? First off why is Beno even in the game on that last play? Where the hell was the help defense? Why would you not tell them to use that foul? Why would you not call a timeout? So many things had to go wrong for us to lose this game and they all did and it's 100% Woody's fault. I'm officially on the fire Woodson bandwagon from this day forward.

I second this emotion. I've vacillated here on this, mainly b/c I'm tired of calling for the HC's head (in all the teams I follow). I reasoned that he did well enough the first 1.5 seasons, that he's done well enough with managing/maximizing JR, that there's no real alternative at this point. However, at the same time, I can't erase his previous post season failures or the fact we didn't even bother to consider Phil Jax, and just quickly re-upped this clown.

But, last night was the final straw.

I realize the roster is flawed we have no PG and TC is hurt, and both Melo & JR have disappointed thus far.
    Still, a decent coach would’ve been the difference in a few of these games. 7-17 should probably be 12-12. His rotations have sapped Melo of his 4th quarter mojo. His refusal to ride the hot hand on a nightly basis has extinguished the offense in the second half of games, at times. He’s stayed with JR far too long, especially in the 4th quarter of games.
    But last night proved what all the sceptics have bemoaned, and showed even more faults…
    1. Why was a hit THjr benched? His biggest error was making too many shots? Not missing enough?
    2. The final :24 seconds was a series of blunders that cannot be forgiven. Beno should have been taken out for a defensive sub. Team should have been instructed to give the foul. A timeout has to be called. WOODSON should have run on the court and grabbed a ref if he had to.
    Knicks were 4-3 since the Nets win. A brutal Jan is coming. We do get TC back soon tho… A win last night and now we are 5-3 with some winnable games coming up, before a west coast swing.
    The team is struggling. It’s incumbent on the HC to do his part and contribute. Sure, the players can mess things up on the court and not follow the plan, they may forget to foul or take an ill-advised shot. But this is why a coach must hold players accountable, by yanking them out and taking away playing time. And, a HC, certainly has to be thinking… He cannot get caught up in the moment and forget to call a timeout. WE HAD THREE left. Try calling a TO to stop a run. He loves to pull his own player out of the game with the hot hand, so why is he protecting his TOs?
    Last night proved it: The coach “fakes it to make it.”

Veteran

Originally Posted by LeFlume View Post
    Don't blame Melo for the last play. That's more on Beno. He started the play without even looking at coach. Melo diden't expect to get the ball...
    1) Beno shouldnt have been in the game.
    2) Beno shouldnt be taking-out the ball, that was Melo's job.
    3) Captain Melo shouldve wispered in all teamates ear "we got a foul to give at 5 mississippi".

Do u think now is the time to send Woodson down to the D.League ..
    Plus put our most minute played HC captain ISO-Melo on the shopping block to give the next team a christmas present for a few draft picks .......

Melo saying Woody is still safe as coach says that Dolan has Melo running our team which is sad. If this continues with Woody getting a pass, we're lucky to win 20 games this year. We are a laughing stock cause no one is accountable here. A timeout, and we insert bigs to guard the basket (hey Woody remember Aldrich)....that same timeout we give instructions if they do score or time out after they score so we bring the ball up from half court for a better shot....to me Woody is in the bottom 10 coaches in the NBA

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    we had 3 timeouts left.
    Kiyaman come on man, Melo played his ass off today...this team wouldn't even qualify as a top 5 team in the Turkish league without Melo.
    I will repeat myself .. ISO-Melo received 4 minutes of rest in the first-half, and 3 minutes of rest in the 2nd half.
    Melo been getting those high SUPER-STAR amount of playingtime minutes all season (40+ min).
    Here is the un-asked question? Our defensive players are good enough to give us 7 to 10 fastbreaks per game.
    Do u think Melo could do 40+ minutes if our offense push the ball in transition to score before our oponents could setup on defense???

That high amount of consistent playingtime goes to Top Super Stars like "Lebron/Wade/Duncan/Pippin/Larry Bird/Magic/Jordan".
    Top level players that will give u 2 to 4 other things on both sides of the court.
    Would u put Carmelo Anthony in a DEFENSIVE-lineup for a STOP in a time-out???

Am i the only one surprised by the amount of controversy surrounding last nights finish?

Even if we did call a timeout, its not like Woody draws up plays. We woulda inbounded the ball at halfcourt, dribbled for a little bit and jacked up a shot anyways. I've seen it several times already

Why doesnt Woody ever have Melo come off a pick or something like that at the end of games? Its always Melo against 1, 2, sometimes 3 guys. And if not Carmelo then JR, Woodson is a fool when it comes to late game strategy. This i thought was a known fact for some time now. Everybodys actin surprised

Everybody is acting surprised, because there were multiple crucial mistakes made at the very end of the winnable game.
    Mistakes that even high school assistant coach wouldnt have made.
    Last night we were texting back and forth with my friend(former pro player in his country) and he said at the end of the game that "i think Woody is trying to get fired, he cant be that stupid" I think he has a point. Woody may be sick and tired of his stupid players and wants to be fired.

Veteran

Originally Posted by groundpilot
    Everybody is acting surprised, because there were multiple crucial mistakes made at the very end of the winnable game.
    Mistakes that even high school assistant coach wouldnt have made.
    Last night we were texting back and forth with my friend(former pro player in his country) and he said at the end of the game that "i think Woody is trying to get fired, he cant be that stupid" I think he has a point. Woody may be sick and tired of his stupid players and wants to be fired.

Get Ready.....Woody's next move will be putting Chris Smith as our point guard.......Maybe its then that any JR or Woody defenders will realize what a crock it is playing for this guy......

Woody actually said he called for Metta but then the original 5 went out there......with 3 time outs and a bunch of assistant coaches still amazing how Urich was out there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Wizards must have been laughing their asses off......I am sure Wizards coach did not think was Urich would be on the floor....fast thinking by Wall to get him the ball.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

lol mafra, please don't group Melo with JR. Melo has done everything he can do, playing 40 minutes every night, rebounding and scores 26 ppg for us every night.

Originally Posted by petescud
    Melo saying Woody is still safe as coach says that Dolan has Melo running our team which is sad. If this continues with Woody getting a pass, we're lucky to win 20 games this year. We are a laughing stock cause no one is accountable here. A timeout, and we insert bigs to guard the basket (hey Woody remember Aldrich)....that same timeout we give instructions if they do score or time out after they score so we bring the ball up from half court for a better shot....to me Woody is in the bottom 10 coaches in the NBA
    It's called political correctness. I've talked about it on here, and how Melo is so unbelievably politically correct, that it doesn't sound like he's really saying anything.

He's the polar opposite of Kobe. Kobe will let you know EXACTLY how he feels, sometimes even without directly saying it. His words bear weight, and not just because of who he is, but he throws political correctness out the window, and lets his viewpoints be known.

Every time I see or hear someone call Melo "selfish", or allude to it, I just laugh and shake my head. I'm gonna need someone to dig up some footage of Melo saying something self-centered, something negative about a teammate, a coach, or a front-office exec.

He was even saying he had no problem with MDA, and that "it's not on coach, it's on us" when we ALL KNOW that Mike D'Antoni was a problem. A similar problem we're having with Woody.

So while I'm sure Melo is as selfish as the next highly talented star player, he says the same god damn things as the majority of the other star players not named Kobe.

Can we start calling things the way they are?

Yes he's pretty much offense and only offense.

Yes he needs a comprehensive PG on the floor with him to be as effective as you'd like him to be in the outcome.

No he's not a max-level player at his age, and limitations.

Yes he needs to show more heart when the frustration is at an all-time high (that's what separates the great ones from the rest, it's not an easy task).

No he's not the strongest leader you're ever gonna see. His leadership shows up, on the court, when everything is going well.

He's ALWAYS gonna say the right thing in front of the cameras.

Can we stick to the facts instead of this sheep following the Shepard, without even knowing who the Shepard is bull****?

Folks on here raised some great points, right after they repeat some **** that they "had heard that one time, at that one place, when that guy was talking basketball.."

Pete you're absolutely right that Woody can't get a pass. But how in the world do you arrive at the conclusion that because Melo wouldn't throw his coach under the bus, Dolan is letting him run the team?

When was the last time a player publicly called out his coach and was praised for it? Why would you realistically expect that to happen?

I remember CP3 saying Vinny Del Negro was not a problem, he had no issue with him, right before Vinny got fired. That's kinda how it goes. Yet when Melo "says all the right things" it's still somehow negative.

Lol, what?

Superstar

Pau and Kaman pretty much recently called out Mike D'Antoni. It actually happens quite often in this league.