New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards 12/16/2013 7:30PM

tiger0330

Legend
The whole team is brain dead from Woody all the way down. Beno was aware they had a foul to give and he let Beal waltz all the way to the basket, Melo taking his time bringing the ball down the floor and not taking the timeout to get the ball at the other end after calling a play. Those are all vets that have been through this game situation dozens of times in their careers. The 5 guys on the floor during that last minute should be ashamed along with the coach.

oshi

Benchwarmer
I guess in reality he didn't realize the timeout situation as evident by the fact that they didn't make a defensive sub on the FTs either.. I believe it's one of the assistant coaches who are suppose to check that moreso than him. Either way, I'm against firing coaching in most situations but Woodson has had enough leeway, he has messed up rotations long enough and played vets over younger players out of bias, it's time to give someone else a chance. I think I'd prefer to see Allen Houston over one of our assistant coaches, if Jeff, Stan, Thibs and Phil are an impossibility

LeFlume

All Star
I don't know about you guys but it's really hard to be me right now. Eli and Giants yesterday, The Knicks today. Whats gonna happen tomorrow?

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I don't know about you guys but it's really hard to be me right now. Eli and Giants yesterday, The Knicks today. Whats gonna happen tomorrow?

oh please, Knicks and Jets with a hint of Islanders. Atleast the Giants win Super Bowls.

Kiyaman

Legend
Let's not forget we had a foul to give. So, we go to the locker room losers, and carry with us a foul and a timeout to burn.

In one play, our coach makes 3 blunders. He has Udrih in. Take him out for defensive purposes... Unless you plan to shake things up and run a zone, no way should he be playing. Here was the major problem... It should have been established in the huddle.... Defensive sub... After Wash does their play.... Call timeout, no matter what happens, then put your lone PG back in.

Then, coach fails to remind his team to use the foul, to break up any potential drive as clock is winding down under ten seconds.

Finally, he fails to call a timeout to move the inbounds to half court and give Melo a shot.

i realize Carmelo is 1-17 lately in game tying - go ahead situations (0-16 on jump shots), but you have to try, no.

We have to get rid of headcoach Carmelo Anthony asap, and send his assistant Woodson down to the D.League to learn what it means "u got a foul to give", and when is the right time to call a time-out.

metrocard

Legend
we had 3 timeouts left.
Kiyaman come on man, Melo played his ass off today...this team wouldn't even qualify as a top 5 team in the Turkish league without Melo.

tiger0330

Legend
I actually remember a similar play when JVG was coaching in Houston. The team didn't call TO after the other team scored and JVG had to do it but a couple of seconds were wasted because he was on the other end of the floor just like Woody was on that play. When the team got back into the huddle Van Gundy cursed out the player that didn't call the time out. You could read his lips and see him saying "What the f@@k are you doing". After that play you can see the difference between a real coach like JVG and Woody.

Unfortunately the word amateur applies to the whole front office. The News had that article that said Mills style is not to anything for fear of pissing off Dolan and that NBA team exec asking which guy is Steve Mills because he didn't know.

Last edited:

oshi

Benchwarmer
Did we seriously have 3 timeouts left, 1 is one thing, 3 is another. Like I said.. I've had enough, our record would be better with a different coach and all the trade rumors isn't helping

LeFlume

All Star
Can we trade Woodson? I remember manager Lou Pinella got traded from the Mariners in the early 2000's for a player. Any takers for Woodson? What can we get in return?

metrocard

Legend
Why isn't Metta playing 20-30 minutes a game?

Playing Melo 40 minutes every game will get him injured.

Woodson is just an a s s.

tiger0330

Legend
we had 3 timeouts left.
Kiyaman come on man, Melo played his ass off today...this team wouldn't even qualify as a top 5 team in the Turkish league without Melo.
Melo has been trying but he sure hasn't been clutch. He went full retard on that last play. If the Knicks don't turn this around when TC comes back he has to go to rebuild.

LeFlume

All Star
Don't blame Melo for the last play. That's more on Beno. He started the play without even looking at coach. Melo diden't expect to get the ball...