Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards 12/16/2013 7:30PM

Yep NBA experts all spot on coaching a non issue for the Knicks.

Simple if Dolan the Clown hopes to avoid continue looking like a complete mug he has to fire Woodson NOW!!!!!!

Needs to get off his imbecilic ass and hire a real coach. A coach that is not a star nut hugger, a coach who philosophy game after game is not simply “We have to make shots“. NYK are hardly an elite team but noway in hell should we be one the worst sides in the worst conference in NBA history.

Again to Dolan the clown hire a real coach and ensure a playoff spot or watch in humiliation as the Nuggets select one of Wiggins, Parker, Randell or Smart.

The mental mistakes down the stretch is just awful.
    The Knicks

how does woodson not take a timeout down 1? you set up for the best shot possible down 1. i guess he was thinking "i'll give it to melo anyway so there's no point"

"That's on me" #Knicks head coach Mike Woodson on not taking the timeout after Beal hit the layup to take the lead.
    brain fart

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    The mental mistakes down the stretch is just awful.
    The Knicks
    Let's not forget we had a foul to give. So, we go to the locker room losers, and carry with us a foul and a timeout to burn.

In one play, our coach makes 3 blunders. He has Udrih in. Take him out for defensive purposes... Unless you plan to shake things up and run a zone, no way should he be playing. Here was the major problem... It should have been established in the huddle.... Defensive sub... After Wash does their play.... Call timeout, no matter what happens, then put your lone PG back in.

Then, coach fails to remind his team to use the foul, to break up any potential drive as clock is winding down under ten seconds.

Finally, he fails to call a timeout to move the inbounds to half court and give Melo a shot.

i realize Carmelo is 1-17 lately in game tying - go ahead situations (0-16 on jump shots), but you have to try, no.

That was one of the worst coached last minute games i ever saw in my 50 years....no excuse

Woodson can foul a cabby on the way home and take a timeout if the cabby get mad.

Veteran

Originally Posted by mafra
    Let's not forget we had a foul to give. So, we go to the locker room losers, and carry with us a foul and a timeout to burn.

In one play, our coach makes 3 blunders. He has Udrih in. Take him out for defensive purposes... Unless you plan to shake things up and run a zone, no way should he be playing. Here was the major problem... It should have been established in the huddle.... Defensive sub... After Wash does their play.... Call timeout, no matter what happens, then put your lone PG back in.

Then, coach fails to remind his team to use the foul, to break up any potential drive as clock is winding down under ten seconds.

Finally, he fails to call a timeout to move the inbounds to half court and give Melo a shot.

i realize Carmelo is 1-17 lately in game tying - go ahead situations (0-16 on jump shots), but you have to try, no.

How happy were the Wizards to have Udrih on the court.........Must have been real tough for them to figure out who would get the ball..........Woodson just makes it so easy for other coaches and teams..........

And yeah JR hit some shots but even in a hot game he shot under 38% .....

Now Woodson said he will look at Chris smith and maybe he might play some point.........This just gets better and better,

Veteran

Originally Posted by T.O Knick
    Yep NBA experts all spot on coaching a non issue for the Knicks.

Simple if Dolan the Clown hopes to avoid continue looking like a complete mug he has to fire Woodson NOW!!!!!!

Needs to get off his imbecilic ass and hire a real coach. A coach that is not a star nut hugger, a coach who philosophy game after game is not simply “We have to make shots“. NYK are hardly an elite team but noway in hell should we be one the worst sides in the worst conference in NBA history.

Again to Dolan the clown hire a real coach and ensure a playoff spot or watch in humiliation as the Nuggets select one of Wiggins, Parker, Randell or Smart.

Now thats rubbing salt into the wound .... Melo gettin 4 min rest in the fist-half, and 3 min rest in the 2nd half.
    That's the sorry-substitution of one player that got us a 7-17 Tanking season.

Bargani should go to the lockerroom bustingheads yelling, "u guys are makin me look worst than my last team did with all these damn losses.".

Veteran

Now everyone should know who the Knicks Head coach is .. Captain Carmelo Anthony (Woodson is a puppet

Veteran

The whole team is brain dead from Woody all the way down. Beno was aware they had a foul to give and he let Beal waltz all the way to the basket, Melo taking his time bringing the ball down the floor and not taking the timeout to get the ball at the other end after calling a play. Those are all vets that have been through this game situation dozens of times in their careers. The 5 guys on the floor during that last minute should be ashamed along with the coach.

Superstar

That play was just wretched…Goodness Gracious!!!!!

That was epic FAIL .... Can't believe its December and i'm already wishing the season over

I guess in reality he didn't realize the timeout situation as evident by the fact that they didn't make a defensive sub on the FTs either.. I believe it's one of the assistant coaches who are suppose to check that moreso than him. Either way, I'm against firing coaching in most situations but Woodson has had enough leeway, he has messed up rotations long enough and played vets over younger players out of bias, it's time to give someone else a chance. I think I'd prefer to see Allen Houston over one of our assistant coaches, if Jeff, Stan, Thibs and Phil are an impossibility