Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 164

Thread: New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards 12/16/2013 7:30PM

  1. #91
    Member T.O Knick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    224
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Yep NBA experts all spot on coaching a non issue for the Knicks.

    Simple if Dolan the Clown hopes to avoid continue looking like a complete mug he has to fire Woodson NOW!!!!!!

    Needs to get off his imbecilic ass and hire a real coach. A coach that is not a star nut hugger, a coach who philosophy game after game is not simply “We have to make shots“. NYK are hardly an elite team but noway in hell should we be one the worst sides in the worst conference in NBA history.

    Again to Dolan the clown hire a real coach and ensure a playoff spot or watch in humiliation as the Nuggets select one of Wiggins, Parker, Randell or Smart.

  2. #92
    Veteran LeFlume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    3,664
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    The mental mistakes down the stretch is just awful.
    The Knicks

  3. #93
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    142
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    how does woodson not take a timeout down 1? you set up for the best shot possible down 1. i guess he was thinking "i'll give it to melo anyway so there's no point"

  4. #94
    Member bluechox2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    313
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    "That's on me" #Knicks head coach Mike Woodson on not taking the timeout after Beal hit the layup to take the lead.
    brain fart

  5. #95
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,384
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by LeFlume
    The mental mistakes down the stretch is just awful.
    The Knicks
    Let's not forget we had a foul to give. So, we go to the locker room losers, and carry with us a foul and a timeout to burn.

    In one play, our coach makes 3 blunders. He has Udrih in. Take him out for defensive purposes... Unless you plan to shake things up and run a zone, no way should he be playing. Here was the major problem... It should have been established in the huddle.... Defensive sub... After Wash does their play.... Call timeout, no matter what happens, then put your lone PG back in.

    Then, coach fails to remind his team to use the foul, to break up any potential drive as clock is winding down under ten seconds.

    Finally, he fails to call a timeout to move the inbounds to half court and give Melo a shot.

    i realize Carmelo is 1-17 lately in game tying - go ahead situations (0-16 on jump shots), but you have to try, no.

  6. #96
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,825
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    That was one of the worst coached last minute games i ever saw in my 50 years....no excuse

  7. #97
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default


  8. #98
    Veteran LeFlume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    3,664
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Woodson can foul a cabby on the way home and take a timeout if the cabby get mad.

  9. #99
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    Let's not forget we had a foul to give. So, we go to the locker room losers, and carry with us a foul and a timeout to burn.

    In one play, our coach makes 3 blunders. He has Udrih in. Take him out for defensive purposes... Unless you plan to shake things up and run a zone, no way should he be playing. Here was the major problem... It should have been established in the huddle.... Defensive sub... After Wash does their play.... Call timeout, no matter what happens, then put your lone PG back in.

    Then, coach fails to remind his team to use the foul, to break up any potential drive as clock is winding down under ten seconds.

    Finally, he fails to call a timeout to move the inbounds to half court and give Melo a shot.

    i realize Carmelo is 1-17 lately in game tying - go ahead situations (0-16 on jump shots), but you have to try, no.

    How happy were the Wizards to have Udrih on the court.........Must have been real tough for them to figure out who would get the ball..........Woodson just makes it so easy for other coaches and teams..........

    And yeah JR hit some shots but even in a hot game he shot under 38% .....

    Now Woodson said he will look at Chris smith and maybe he might play some point.........This just gets better and better,

  10. #100
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,311
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by T.O Knick
    Yep NBA experts all spot on coaching a non issue for the Knicks.

    Simple if Dolan the Clown hopes to avoid continue looking like a complete mug he has to fire Woodson NOW!!!!!!

    Needs to get off his imbecilic ass and hire a real coach. A coach that is not a star nut hugger, a coach who philosophy game after game is not simply “We have to make shots“. NYK are hardly an elite team but noway in hell should we be one the worst sides in the worst conference in NBA history.

    Again to Dolan the clown hire a real coach and ensure a playoff spot or watch in humiliation as the Nuggets select one of Wiggins, Parker, Randell or Smart.

    Now thats rubbing salt into the wound .... Melo gettin 4 min rest in the fist-half, and 3 min rest in the 2nd half.
    That's the sorry-substitution of one player that got us a 7-17 Tanking season.

    Bargani should go to the lockerroom bustingheads yelling, "u guys are makin me look worst than my last team did with all these damn losses.".

  11. #101
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,311
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Now everyone should know who the Knicks Head coach is .. Captain Carmelo Anthony (Woodson is a puppet

  12. #102
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    The whole team is brain dead from Woody all the way down. Beno was aware they had a foul to give and he let Beal waltz all the way to the basket, Melo taking his time bringing the ball down the floor and not taking the timeout to get the ball at the other end after calling a play. Those are all vets that have been through this game situation dozens of times in their careers. The 5 guys on the floor during that last minute should be ashamed along with the coach.

  13. #103
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    874
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    That play was just wretched…Goodness Gracious!!!!!

  14. #104
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,825
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    That was epic FAIL .... Can't believe its December and i'm already wishing the season over

  15. #105
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin, NYC orig
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I guess in reality he didn't realize the timeout situation as evident by the fact that they didn't make a defensive sub on the FTs either.. I believe it's one of the assistant coaches who are suppose to check that moreso than him. Either way, I'm against firing coaching in most situations but Woodson has had enough leeway, he has messed up rotations long enough and played vets over younger players out of bias, it's time to give someone else a chance. I think I'd prefer to see Allen Houston over one of our assistant coaches, if Jeff, Stan, Thibs and Phil are an impossibility

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 67
    Last Post: Nov 24, 2013, 13:57
  2. Replies: 33
    Last Post: Jan 31, 2010, 16:59
  3. New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards Game Thread 2/18
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: Feb 19, 2008, 23:23
  4. New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards Game Thread 1/18
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: Jan 19, 2008, 08:27
  5. Washington Wizards vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/14
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: Jan 16, 2008, 15:54

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •