Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41

Thread: Amare hurt again

  1. #16
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Hate to say it but Amare's done. I'm a fan of his but its a wrap. He'll still contribute here and there but anything close to All-Star status is a thing of the past.

    This obviously not a playoff team let along a championship team. Time to clean house.
    Shump, Smith (JR and Chris) and even Chandler. Wave bye. Bring in some expiring contracts and draft pics. Gasol's contract expires next year. Keep him for a year and give him a **** deal or release him next year. The rebuilding effort has to start now.

  2. #17
    Administrator rady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    3,812
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Well at least he have us a hell of a year back in 2010/11


    Sent from my iPhone using [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  3. #18
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    K-Mart is out at least 2 weeks as well with an abdominal injury. Jeremy Tyler time. With Chris Smith being brought up it appears that Aldrich will be the one to be cut.

  4. #19
    Veteran bigapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    west poland
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Amare is and will be worthless vs such team like Heat Pacers and few west elite teams

    vs Wizards again 2 travellings 2 offense and scoring again under 30%

    btw Pacers will be playing propably against Heat without JAmes so they got huge opportunity to take 2-0 lead in RS.

  5. #20
    Veteran bigapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    west poland
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    K-Mart is out at least 2 weeks as well with an abdominal injury. Jeremy Tyler time. With Chris Smith being brought up it appears that Aldrich will be the one to be cut.

    then on Chrimas vs OKC we will be witness next blow out Durant Westbrook will kill us.

  6. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,581
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by groundpilot
    is that true? C an someone clarify this for us?
    The Knicks could work out a buyout with him if he retires but the buyout would still count against the cap. A buyout would be his discretion though, most people don't give back money. There is also a clause in the CBA where the remaining money owed him could be spread out over more years reducing the cap hit for a given year.

  7. #22
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,814
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    He tweeted he feels fine ..... not sure why they say he's hurt

  8. #23
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    Hate to say it but Amare's done. I'm a fan of his but its a wrap. He'll still contribute here and there but anything close to All-Star status is a thing of the past.

    This obviously not a playoff team let along a championship team. Time to clean house.
    Shump, Smith (JR and Chris) and even Chandler. Wave bye. Bring in some expiring contracts and draft pics. Gasol's contract expires next year. Keep him for a year and give him a **** deal or release him next year. The rebuilding effort has to start now.
    You're like 2 years late on Amare being "done"

  9. #24
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by petescud
    He tweeted he feels fine ..... not sure why they say he's hurt
    Knicks may have the worst front-office/players communication in the NBA by far.

  10. #25
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,648
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    Pretty sure this is true. His contract is not insured.
    insurance would be to pay back dolan which u r correct is not insured.. but his salary will continue to count against the cap playing or retired...

  11. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,930
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Fans, IM NOT INJURED, just want u to know I'm ONLY stay'n bk bc of 6 games n 9 days w/ bk2bks! Body & Knees feel great! [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Funny .. another injury-prone season for the Knicks

    1- Tyson
    2- Felton
    3- K-Mart
    4- Meta (in the dog-house)
    5- Prigioni
    6- Amare
    The above (MIA) 6 players make a nice 6th Man lineup that give us rebounds, defensive-stops, points in the paint, and we throw in THJ to get points from the perimeter.

    Let's see .. ISO-Melo put himself in every line-up this season during each 48 min game .... I guess that was Melo way to show all us Knicks fans that ISO-Melo does not improve teammates talent in a lineup, nor does he have chemistry with old or new teammates "LMFAO" 7-17 ....

    With all the sudden injuries in 24 games .. who do Melo have left to work with in his 48 minute rotation lineup

    1- Chris Smith
    2- Beno
    3- Murry (deserve playintime)
    4- THJ (deserve playintime)
    5- JR
    6- Shump
    7- Barg
    8- Aldrich (deserve playintime)
    9- ISO-Melo have a 9 man rotation to work with

  12. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,930
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    Hate to say it but Amare's done. I'm a fan of his but its a wrap. He'll still contribute here and there but anything close to All-Star status is a thing of the past.

    This obviously not a playoff team let along a championship team. Time to clean house.
    Shump, Smith (JR and Chris) and even Chandler. Wave bye. Bring in some expiring contracts and draft pics. Gasol's contract expires next year. Keep him for a year and give him a **** deal or release him next year. The rebuilding effort has to start now.

    Nah, Amare's not done, if Phoenix Suns had the assets to trade for Amares 2 year contract they would grab Amare.
    HC Hornachek would luv to throw Amare in a rotation with Bledsoe/Gradric/Frye/and Plumlee. Their 14-9 with a winning attitude.

    We are not a contender bc ISO-Melo wants to run things his way for 40 plus minutes on the court.
    Lastnight loss to the Wizards, Melo showed us he is clueless to everything other than his individual scoring stats.
    Lastseason "Old-Heads" on the bench (or Kidd on the court) wouldve took advantage of the "foul to give",
    and wouldve automatically called a timeout when down by one with 5 seconds left in the game.

  13. #28
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    799
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    It's Melo fault Amare is constantly getting injured-Kiya

  14. #29
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    799
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    This organization is the biggest joke in professional sports. I don't know why anyone would want to play for them

  15. #30
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Nah, Amare's not done, if Phoenix Suns had the assets to trade for Amares 2 year contract they would grab Amare.
    HC Hornachek would luv to throw Amare in a rotation with Bledsoe/Gradric/Frye/and Plumlee. Their 14-9 with a winning attitude.

    We are not a contender bc ISO-Melo wants to run things his way for 40 plus minutes on the court.
    Lastnight loss to the Wizards, Melo showed us he is clueless to everything other than his individual scoring stats.
    Lastseason "Old-Heads" on the bench (or Kidd on the court) wouldve took advantage of the "foul to give",
    and wouldve automatically called a timeout when down by one with 5 seconds left in the game.
    I wish that were true.

    Originally Posted by metrocard;
    You're like 2 years late on Amare being "done"
    A lot of Knicks fans are quick to turn on players. You know if I supported Eddie Curry then I'm definitely going to back Amare. (I'm ashamed to admit it but it's true.)
    Originally Posted by petescud;
    He tweeted he feels fine ..... not sure why they say he's hurt
    I read that this morning. Not sure why Woodson said that. If Stats knees can hold up for 30 mins per game then he's got a good chance of working his way back. If not all we can do is let his contract expire.

Similar Threads

  1. Amare hurt during warm ups
    By Red in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Apr 20, 2011, 07:54
  2. Pat Ewing just hurt the Knicks....
    By TunerAddict in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Oct 28, 2009, 16:46
  3. Oden is Hurt, Channings BIG SHOT!
    By youadmireme2 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Sep 18, 2007, 01:37
  4. Houston's Hurt
    By Skyhi360 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Feb 03, 2004, 09:02
  5. Houston hurt his back
    By SpreeFan in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Nov 05, 2003, 02:58

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •