nikola_vucevic.png

iman_shumpert.png
arron_afflalo.png

beno_udrih.png
jameer_nelson.png

Injury Report
New York Knicks
Orlando Magic
Metta World Peace - Sore Left Knee (DOUBT)E’Twaun Moore – Right thigh contusion (OUT)
Kenyon Martin - Strained Abdominal Muscle (OUT)
Raymond Felton - Sore Left Hamstring (QUEST)
Pablo Prigioni - Hairline fracture of right great toe (OUT)

Today in Knicks history
December 23, 1980Micheal Ray Richardson records a franchise record nine steals, but the Knicks lose at Chicago 117-114. Richardson recorded 19 points, six rebounds and six assists to go with the nine steals.
51752281.jpg

Copyright 1980 NBAE (Photo by NBA Photo Library/NBAE via Getty Images)

Recent meetings
December 6, 2013New York, in its second game in a row, defeated its opponent by at least 30-points as they destroyed the Orlando Magic 121-83 at Madison Square Garden. Carmelo Anthony led the way with 20 points and 11 rebounds over 30 minutes for a double-double. Andrea Bargnani added 17 points and eight rebounds. New York had a total of seven player reach double-digits in points, the first time since Nov. 5, 2012 at PHL. This is the first time that New York won two games in a row by 30-points or more since the 1997-98 season (11-04-97 vs. Boston and 11-06-97 at Phoenix). This is the first time New York won back-to-back games in back-to-back days by 30 or more points since the 1993-94 season (4-21-94 vs. PHL and 4-22-94 at MIL). Arron Afflalo paced the Magic with 20 points and three assists over 36 minutes. Victor Oladipo added 17 points and nine rebounds in his first game at Madison Square Garden as an NBA player.
March 20, 2013New York, 10 days since its last home game, welcomed back Carmelo Anthony to the lineup with a convincing 106-94 victory over the Orlando Magic at Madison Square Garden for its second victory in a row. New York was paced by J.R. Smith’s 22 points and seven rebounds over 38 minutes. Carmelo Anthony posted 21 points and a team high eight rebounds over 33 minutes. Steve Novak added 11 points on 4-8 shooting off the bench. Orlando was led by local native Tobias Harris’ 14 points and five rebounds over 31 minutes. Andrew Nicholson recorded 14 points and three rebounds over 19 minutes. Kyle O’Quinn added 12 points and 14 rebounds. New York set the tone when Carmelo Anthony opened the game up with a pull-up triple to propel the Knicks to a quarter that saw them outscored the Magic 26-15. Orlando couldn’t come back from the early deficit as New York expanded on their lead in the third quarter when they outscored Orlando 32-19 behind seven points apiece from Smith and Anthony. With the starters watching the fourth quarter from the side, the bench closed out the Magic 106-94 at the Garden.

No reason we shouldn't be able to handle Orlando, but we're also a bottom 5 team in the NBA until proven otherwise. I want to start seeing a lot more THJ and Murry. I also want to see Shump continue to get the chance to shoot his way out of this awful slump because he's worthless both to us and to a trade when he has now taken over for JR Smith as the least effective shooter in the NBA. Barring a 7 to 8 game win streak, at the minimum, we're playing for the future. Let's go Knicks!

LeFlume

All Star
Happy holidays my fellow Knick brothers. May the gods smile upon you and those you love, (including our beloved basketball team) :gony:

Felton is back, Merry Christmas

Happy holidays my fellow Knick brothers. May the gods smile upon you and those you love, (including our beloved basketball team) :gony:

Same to you, my good man.

So far looks like turn back the clock night in Orlando as we look like last year's team or maybe Orlando is just super terrible. Any which way, very strong 2nd quarter has us rolling on both ends of the court.

LeFlume

All Star
Yeah Orlando is super terrible but i don't wanna take anything away from the guys. They play good tonight.

Kiyaman

Legend

Happy Holidays everyone .. 8 - 18 took Felton out of the dog-house (my bad he was injured LOL).
Felton is doing a lot of arguing with the reffs ....
we are still lookin for a 2nd qtr. plan ..........................

Kiyaman

Legend
Same to you, my good man.

So far looks like turn back the clock night in Orlando as we look like last year's team or maybe Orlando is just super terrible. Any which way, very strong 2nd quarter has us rolling on both ends of the court.

8-18 team -vs- 8-19 team

This is the choke of the season if we can't pull this out given the poor level of the competition. We are really a very bad team. If nothing else, this is a gut check to show if we have anyone other than Melo on this roster who isn't afraid to at least try and step up.

How sad is it that Chandler has to yell at our other guys to get up the court and play ball in the 4th quarter of a game like this?