tiago_splitter.png

iman_shumpert.png
marco_belinelli.png

beno_udrih.png
tony_parker.png

Injury Report
New York Knicks
San Antonio Spurs
Carmelo Anthony - Sprained Left Ankle (PROB)
Pablo Prigioni - Hairline fracture of right great toe (OUT)
Raymond Felton - Strained Right Groin (DOUBT)
Metta World Peace - Sore Left Knee (OUT)

Today in Knicks history
January 2, 2006Knicks defeat the Phoenix Suns 140-133 in the first triple overtime thriller at the present Garden. Knicks are led by four scorers with at least 20 points: Stephon Marbury 32, Jamal Crawford 29, David Lee 23 and Eddy Curry, 20.

Recent meetings
November 10, 2013New York was steam rolled by the San Antonio Spurs 120-89 on a Sunday afternoon at Madison Square Garden. Carmelo Anthony led the way with 16 points and eight rebounds over 35 minutes. Andrea Bargnani recorded 16 points over 26 minutes. Metta World Peace added 13 points off the bench. San Antonio was led by Long Island native Danny Green’s 24 points on 6-9 shooting from downtown and 10 rebounds over 23 mintues. Tony Parker posted 17 points and six assist over 26 minutes. Kawhi Leonard added 18 points off the bench.
January 3, 2013New York swept the season series with the San Antonio Spurs with a 100-83 victory at Madison Square Garden. New York was paced by Carmelo Anthony’s 23 points and eight rebounds over 36 minutes. J.R. Smith recorded 20 points on 9-17 shooting and grabbed five rebounds over 27 minutes. San Antonio was led by Tim Duncan’s 11 points and six rebounds over 24 minutes. Tony Parker added 11 points and six assists over 24 minutes.

Last edited:
Wow, quick game thread, thanks Rady. We're terrible, Melo is probably leaving, only thing to do is build assets. I want to see a lot of THJ, Shump, Murry, Aldrich, and Jeremy Tyler when he is available. At least let's have a little fun here. Let's go Knicks!

tiger0330

Legend
Epic beatdown in SA tonight. The Daily News quoted an anonymous ex-teammate of Melo that he was going to leave the Knicks. He needs to be traded, Ujiri traded Rudy Gay and Toronto is a better team fot it. It's not the same situation but the Raps got rid of an inefficient chucker in Gay which created more shots for Ross and others and they got better immediately. Ujiri knew it was the right thing to do trading Gay and I think trading Melo is the right thing to do as well. I'll be pissed if he leaves NY in FA and we get nothing back for him.

Reports are that Melo is going to play tonight. I give him credit, he has no reason to rush himself back other than to try to help this terrible team.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Reports are that Melo is going to play tonight. I give him credit, he has no reason to rush himself back other than to try to help this terrible team.
I have mixed feeling on this. On one hand I'd like the young players to develop and Melo rest, on the other hand, starting off this road trip after a few days of no games and to kick off the new year trying to give San Antonio everything they have might be the best thing for the Knicks.

San Antonio is a smart organization, and they would probably go with the former, so...

skisloper

Starter
Epic beatdown in SA tonight. The Daily News quoted an anonymous ex-teammate of Melo that he was going to leave the Knicks. He needs to be traded, Ujiri traded Rudy Gay and Toronto is a better team fot it. It's not the same situation but the Raps got rid of an inefficient chucker in Gay which created more shots for Ross and others and they got better immediately. Ujiri knew it was the right thing to do trading Gay and I think trading Melo is the right thing to do as well. I'll be pissed if he leaves NY in FA and we get nothing back for him.

The anonymous ex-teammate is Chris Smith.

paris401

Starter
Epic beatdown in SA tonight. .

ofcourse it doesn't look good... BUT... I think the boys mite show up tonite n give em a fight... the spurs are a fairly deliberate team.. not so much run n gun... hence maybe they make a game out of it...

the knicks seem to really struggle against young teams with young legs... it's called .. not getting back on defense...

paris401

Starter
He needs to be traded, Ujiri traded Rudy Gay and Toronto is a better team fot it. It's not the same situation but the Raps got rid of an inefficient chucker in Gay which created more shots for Ross and others and they got better immediately. Ujiri knew it was the right thing to do trading Gay and I think trading Melo is the right thing to do as well. I'll be pissed if he leaves NY in FA and we get nothing back for him.

I agree Toronto is better... BUT... they cleared cap space.. salmons has team opt for next year at 9.5, Vasquez has a 3.2 qualifying,Patterson also 4.3 Q, only hayes is signed for 6m... gay on the other hand is signed next year at 19.3 (who the fuk agreed to that contract)... so Toronto dumped 13m for next year...

if we do a similar deal, we'll be left with our present team...minus melo...ouch..... unless the brighter minds on 7th ave are cooking something up, I gotta believe they will try and re-sign melo... either way it aint looking good for the home team...

tiger0330

Legend
I agree Toronto is better... BUT... they cleared cap space.. salmons has team opt for next year at 9.5, Vasquez has a 3.2 qualifying,Patterson also 4.3 Q, only hayes is signed for 6m... gay on the other hand is signed next year at 19.3 (who the fuk agreed to that contract)... so Toronto dumped 13m for next year...

if we do a similar deal, we'll be left with our present team...minus melo...ouch..... unless the brighter minds on 7th ave are cooking something up, I gotta believe they will try and re-sign melo... either way it aint looking good for the home team...
Clearing cap space and getting better are usually mutually exclusive but Ujiri did both, really impressed with that guy after what he did to the Knicks and the Gay deal.

The Clippers are playing well but they are not dominant, maybe they take Melo for Jordan, Dudley or Barnes and a couple of picks. They might look at Melo as the player that makes them the dominant team in the west.

LeFlume

All Star
We're an 11.5 point underdog in Vegas. Half a point better than the Nets who are plus 12 @ Oklahoma Thunders.

Which Team will lose by the largest margin? Knicks or The Nets? New York sports is at an all time low. :boohoo:

paris401

Starter
they would have to give us all 3 to make salaries work... and u think they would also give us picks??...

again maybe the suits on 7th ave are smarter then me... but I see no way we trade melo and get anything worthwhile back... and I 'think' that melo wants to win, so maybe he takes less in free agency to join another club that is closer to winning...

we can narrow that down to the other 31teams....

Kiyaman

Legend
Pop played a 10 man rotation in the first quarter, we played 8 players ..
Aiiite .. we started the 2nd qaurter with 9th man Murry, 10th man THJ in the backcourt with JR.
3 minutes in the 2nd qtr. we down by 9

Kiyaman

Legend
A decent hustling Knicks lineup on the court in "Murry/Shump/Melo/Barg/Tyson" to take us on a 15 - 5 run.
Murry/Shump steals payed off in baskets

Kiyaman

Legend
Shump's 16 pts at halftime .. 6 for 8 shootin, 4 rbd, 1 ast, 2 stl, starting the New Year off right.
I guess Dolan made a point when he told the players .. he's not firing Woodson.