Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30

Thread: Proof our coach is clueless (In Woody's own words)

  1. #16
    Member bluechox2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    303
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    its like dumb and dumber with these 2

  2. #17
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,318
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I was at the game last night... I give credit to Woody for the quick timeout in the first quarter, with Knicks failing behind 10-4 or something. Our offense was pathetic (3 turnover and 3 bricks in their first 7 possessions, or something). Perhaps that was helping the Mavs on offense... But this is what a coach does. BREAKS THE OTHER TEAM'S momentum.

    With TC out, and Shump sick and Melo not 100% (disappeared after brilliant 1st Q), and getting nada from our guards... Last night was all about Martin and Woody.

  3. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,561
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    NO ******* WAY


    Mike Woodson blamed Beno for JR's mistake!!!!!

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Woodson said J.R. was "wide open. The bottom line is you look at his shot but did Beno have to throw him the ball? You gotta look at that"



    I cannot believe this coach lmao
    To an extent I have to agree with Woody, Beno is the PG with all that experience why is he passing the ball when you just got a fresh 24 seconds? Tell you what, that no foul on Beal in the Wiz game and passing the ball to JR tells you Beno is not the sharpest pencil around.

  4. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,918
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    I was at the game last night... I give credit to Woody for the quick timeout in the first quarter, with Knicks failing behind 10-4 or something. Our offense was pathetic (3 turnover and 3 bricks in their first 7 possessions, or something). Perhaps that was helping the Mavs on offense... But this is what a coach does. BREAKS THE OTHER TEAM'S momentum.

    With TC out, and Shump sick and Melo not 100% (disappeared after brilliant 1st Q), and getting nada from our guards... Last night was all about Martin and Woody.

    Yeah, this game was all K-Mart .. Shump's energy controllin the momentum in the 4th qtr. for the win was the icing on K-Mart's cake.

    Woodson calling a time-out when we needed a time-out .. is a 1 out of the 100 times he didnt call a time-out when we really need it.

  5. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,918
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    To an extent I have to agree with Woody, Beno is the PG with all that experience why is he passing the ball when you just got a fresh 24 seconds? Tell you what, that no foul on Beal in the Wiz game and passing the ball to JR tells you Beno is not the sharpest pencil around.
    Funny Funny Funny .. Tyson gets an offensive-rebound, throws it to Beno on the side, and Beno throws it to JR at the top of the key, JR supose to throw it to Melo .... Wheres Melo? Melo always want the ball. Or did Melo give JR the nod to take the shot...

    What happen in the final 17 seconds to tie or win the game???

  6. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,668
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    To an extent I have to agree with Woody, Beno is the PG with all that experience why is he passing the ball when you just got a fresh 24 seconds? Tell you what, that no foul on Beal in the Wiz game and passing the ball to JR tells you Beno is not the sharpest pencil around.

    You cannot be serious ???????? PLease tell me this is sarcasm

  7. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,561
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    You cannot be serious ???????? PLease tell me this is sarcasm
    Dead serious, a smart PG would have burned some clock and put the ball on the floor to get a better shot and not give the Rox enough time to answer. He also fouled Brooks for the go ahead points, dude has been a disappointment as far as I'm concerned.

  8. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,668
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Dead serious, a smart PG would have burned some clock and put the ball on the floor to get a better shot and not give the Rox enough time to answer. He also fouled Brooks for the go ahead points, dude has been a disappointment as far as I'm concerned.

    He he had the ball in the corner. Should have stayed there and dribbled ? He sent the ball to the top of the key. Jr taking the shot was moronic. Unreal. Are u woody ?

  9. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,561
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    He he had the ball in the corner. Should have stayed there and dribbled ? He sent the ball to the top of the key. Jr taking the shot was moronic. Unreal. Are u woody ?
    Beno missed the shot from the corner but when TC passed him the ball he was headed toward the elbow with plenty of room to dribble. I think the shot clock was turned off when Beno got the ball back, a playmaking PG would have burned some clock and looked for a better shot like the one Beno missed in the last second except like the shot he missed it would have left no time on the clock for the Rox to tie the game. JR took a questionable shot but Beno f$$ked up 4x on that play, missing the corner 3, not dribbling out the clock and passing the ball to JR, fouling Brooks for the game winning points and missing the final running floater.

  10. #25
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,918
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Beno missed the shot from the corner but when TC passed him the ball he was headed toward the elbow with plenty of room to dribble. I think the shot clock was turned off when Beno got the ball back, a playmaking PG would have burned some clock and looked for a better shot like the one Beno missed in the last second except like the shot he missed it would have left no time on the clock for the Rox to tie the game. JR took a questionable shot but Beno f$$ked up 4x on that play, missing the corner 3, not dribbling out the clock and passing the ball to JR, fouling Brooks for the game winning points and missing the final running floater.

    WOW .... u actually believe ur own comment forgetting the two BALLHOGGERS who are always taking the ball out of all our PG hands, making every Knicks PG look like they are uncapable of bringing the ball pass midcourt. u didnt understand why Jason Kidd played SG lastseason?

    I guess u forgot what Knicks player average 24 shot attempts per game, and what Knicks player average 18 shot attempts per game .. u also forgot what took place in the final 17 seconds of the game (why did we need 2 time-outs?), u also forgot the NBA highest scorer ISO-Melo was given the ball twice to shoot the final shot in the 17 seconds, and in one of Melo's decision he too, passed the ball to JRsmith after JR delusional shot.

    After Brooks put the Rockets up by 2 points on FT with 17 seconds left, what 2 Knicks players tried to dribble the ball up court to get trapped, and was force to call a time-out? it wasnt PG-Beno. It was the 2 Ballhogger shot-callers on the Knicks.
    During the time-out when Woodson ask JR why did he take that shot when we had a fresh 24 seconds, and JR response was I thought we were down by 2. Should Woodson had put JR back into the game, after that response?

  11. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,561
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    JR is a bonehead no doubt and not because he took that shot, he was wide open and if he made it he would have been a hero.

    But Beno had two shots to win and tie the game in the last minute and he didn't need to foul Brooks with the game tied sending him to the FT line to put the Rox ahead with 17 seconds.

    You expect dumb things from JR but Beno looks to be another one of those old heads like Bibby, BD and JKidd with high expectations and lackluster results.

  12. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,668
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    JR is a bonehead no doubt and not because he took that shot, he was wide open and if he made it he would have been a hero.

    But Beno had two shots to win and tie the game in the last minute and he didn't need to foul Brooks with the game tied sending him to the FT line to put the Rox ahead with 17 seconds.

    You expect dumb things from JR but Beno looks to be another one of those old heads like Bibby, BD and JKidd with high expectations and lackluster results.
    JR would not have been a hero....the Rockets would have had the ball with 17 seconds down by 3.....Yes maybe they dont score or maybe they do and it goes to OT and we lose....JR is no Hero either way....How can u blame Beno for missing a shot ????????????? Is Beno who u really want shooting when that shot clock was widning down ???? U forget at the 6-7 minute mark in the 4th Woody wants JR or Melo bringing up the ball so u cant view Beno as the PG because Woody and JR/Melo do not allow it they demand the ball and we all know who has Woodys blessing.....YOU have to remember no matter wat we think of JR he plays more then every other Knicks in the and half and WOODY give him the reigns......Beno is just a pawn in this a small nothing who gets no respect from Woody......We have looked goodd on this road trip but beleive me when Felton returns hs is starting....one can only ask why.....I will say it and I hope I am wrong but I question Woodys decision making when it comes to Beno and Pablo

  13. #28
    Veteran bigapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    west poland
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Felton is goin to be available for Pistons = he will back to S5 again

  14. #29
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    JR is a bonehead no doubt and not because he took that shot, he was wide open and if he made it he would have been a hero.

    But Beno had two shots to win and tie the game in the last minute and he didn't need to foul Brooks with the game tied sending him to the FT line to put the Rox ahead with 17 seconds.

    You expect dumb things from JR but Beno looks to be another one of those old heads like Bibby, BD and JKidd with high expectations and lackluster results.
    It was a tied game with the shot clock off in the 4th quarter, and the Knicks had timeouts.

    Why is there any more dissection into who has fault, who took shots before that scenario, etc.

    There's no reason to keep the ball in the corner where you can be trapped and/or forced into a turnover. Get it to the top of the key then hold it for the last shot, or burn a timeout. I don't see how JR would automatically be the hero for taking a 3, in a tied game, with the shot clock off, and potentially missing and giving it back to the other team (which we saw) or even making it, and leaving the other team more than enough time to get a good shot.

    It's kinda hard to take Woodson seriously when he says some unbelievably dumb **** like this. It's almost like....he REALLY is a stupid as he looks on the sidelines.

  15. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,918
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    It was a tied game with the shot clock off in the 4th quarter, and the Knicks had timeouts.

    Why is there any more dissection into who has fault, who took shots before that scenario, etc.

    There's no reason to keep the ball in the corner where you can be trapped and/or forced into a turnover. Get it to the top of the key then hold it for the last shot, or burn a timeout. I don't see how JR would automatically be the hero for taking a 3, in a tied game, with the shot clock off, and potentially missing and giving it back to the other team (which we saw) or even making it, and leaving the other team more than enough time to get a good shot.

    It's kinda hard to take Woodson seriously when he says some unbelievably dumb **** like this. It's almost like....he REALLY is a stupid as he looks on the sidelines.

    100% .. It's kinda hard to take Woodson seriously when he says some unbelievably dumb **** like this.

Similar Threads

  1. Woody THIRD in Coach of the Year balloting
    By tiger0330 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: May 09, 2013, 07:15
  2. Now that Woody is the coach...
    By Red in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Mar 16, 2012, 18:06
  3. Proof that KG actually tripped TD
    By The Garden '95 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Apr 19, 2011, 10:31
  4. Words from our new coach
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Sep 24, 2008, 19:45
  5. Even more clueless than Isiah
    By nixon7 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: Dec 31, 2007, 06:02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •