Proof our coach is clueless (In Woody's own words)

skisloper

Starter
To an extent I have to agree with Woody, Beno is the PG with all that experience why is he passing the ball when you just got a fresh 24 seconds? Tell you what, that no foul on Beal in the Wiz game and passing the ball to JR tells you Beno is not the sharpest pencil around.

You cannot be serious ???????? PLease tell me this is sarcasm

tiger0330

Legend
You cannot be serious ???????? PLease tell me this is sarcasm
Dead serious, a smart PG would have burned some clock and put the ball on the floor to get a better shot and not give the Rox enough time to answer. He also fouled Brooks for the go ahead points, dude has been a disappointment as far as I'm concerned.

skisloper

Starter
Dead serious, a smart PG would have burned some clock and put the ball on the floor to get a better shot and not give the Rox enough time to answer. He also fouled Brooks for the go ahead points, dude has been a disappointment as far as I'm concerned.

He he had the ball in the corner. Should have stayed there and dribbled ? He sent the ball to the top of the key. Jr taking the shot was moronic. Unreal. Are u woody ?

tiger0330

Legend
He he had the ball in the corner. Should have stayed there and dribbled ? He sent the ball to the top of the key. Jr taking the shot was moronic. Unreal. Are u woody ?
Beno missed the shot from the corner but when TC passed him the ball he was headed toward the elbow with plenty of room to dribble. I think the shot clock was turned off when Beno got the ball back, a playmaking PG would have burned some clock and looked for a better shot like the one Beno missed in the last second except like the shot he missed it would have left no time on the clock for the Rox to tie the game. JR took a questionable shot but Beno f$$ked up 4x on that play, missing the corner 3, not dribbling out the clock and passing the ball to JR, fouling Brooks for the game winning points and missing the final running floater.

Kiyaman

Legend
Beno missed the shot from the corner but when TC passed him the ball he was headed toward the elbow with plenty of room to dribble. I think the shot clock was turned off when Beno got the ball back, a playmaking PG would have burned some clock and looked for a better shot like the one Beno missed in the last second except like the shot he missed it would have left no time on the clock for the Rox to tie the game. JR took a questionable shot but Beno f$$ked up 4x on that play, missing the corner 3, not dribbling out the clock and passing the ball to JR, fouling Brooks for the game winning points and missing the final running floater.

WOW .... u actually believe ur own comment :boohoo: forgetting the two BALLHOGGERS who are always taking the ball out of all our PG hands, making every Knicks PG look like they are uncapable of bringing the ball pass midcourt. u didnt understand why Jason Kidd played SG lastseason?

I guess u forgot what Knicks player average 24 shot attempts per game, and what Knicks player average 18 shot attempts per game .. u also forgot what took place in the final 17 seconds of the game (why did we need 2 time-outs?), u also forgot the NBA highest scorer ISO-Melo was given the ball twice to shoot the final shot in the 17 seconds, and in one of Melo's decision he too, passed the ball to JRsmith after JR delusional shot.

After Brooks put the Rockets up by 2 points on FT with 17 seconds left, what 2 Knicks players tried to dribble the ball up court to get trapped, and was force to call a time-out? it wasnt PG-Beno. It was the 2 Ballhogger shot-callers on the Knicks.
During the time-out when Woodson ask JR why did he take that shot when we had a fresh 24 seconds, and JR response was I thought we were down by 2. Should Woodson had put JR back into the game, after that response?

tiger0330

Legend
JR is a bonehead no doubt and not because he took that shot, he was wide open and if he made it he would have been a hero.

But Beno had two shots to win and tie the game in the last minute and he didn't need to foul Brooks with the game tied sending him to the FT line to put the Rox ahead with 17 seconds.

You expect dumb things from JR but Beno looks to be another one of those old heads like Bibby, BD and JKidd with high expectations and lackluster results.

skisloper

Starter
JR is a bonehead no doubt and not because he took that shot, he was wide open and if he made it he would have been a hero.

But Beno had two shots to win and tie the game in the last minute and he didn't need to foul Brooks with the game tied sending him to the FT line to put the Rox ahead with 17 seconds.

You expect dumb things from JR but Beno looks to be another one of those old heads like Bibby, BD and JKidd with high expectations and lackluster results.

JR would not have been a hero....the Rockets would have had the ball with 17 seconds down by 3.....Yes maybe they dont score or maybe they do and it goes to OT and we lose....JR is no Hero either way....How can u blame Beno for missing a shot ????????????? Is Beno who u really want shooting when that shot clock was widning down ???? U forget at the 6-7 minute mark in the 4th Woody wants JR or Melo bringing up the ball so u cant view Beno as the PG because Woody and JR/Melo do not allow it they demand the ball and we all know who has Woodys blessing.....YOU have to remember no matter wat we think of JR he plays more then every other Knicks in the and half and WOODY give him the reigns......Beno is just a pawn in this a small nothing who gets no respect from Woody......We have looked goodd on this road trip but beleive me when Felton returns hs is starting....one can only ask why.....I will say it and I hope I am wrong but I question Woodys decision making when it comes to Beno and Pablo

nuckles2k2

Superstar

It was a tied game with the shot clock off in the 4th quarter, and the Knicks had timeouts.

Why is there any more dissection into who has fault, who took shots before that scenario, etc.

There's no reason to keep the ball in the corner where you can be trapped and/or forced into a turnover. Get it to the top of the key then hold it for the last shot, or burn a timeout. I don't see how JR would automatically be the hero for taking a 3, in a tied game, with the shot clock off, and potentially missing and giving it back to the other team (which we saw) or even making it, and leaving the other team more than enough time to get a good shot.

It's kinda hard to take Woodson seriously when he says some unbelievably dumb **** like this. It's almost like....he REALLY is a stupid as he looks on the sidelines.

Kiyaman

Legend
It was a tied game with the shot clock off in the 4th quarter, and the Knicks had timeouts.

Why is there any more dissection into who has fault, who took shots before that scenario, etc.

There's no reason to keep the ball in the corner where you can be trapped and/or forced into a turnover. Get it to the top of the key then hold it for the last shot, or burn a timeout. I don't see how JR would automatically be the hero for taking a 3, in a tied game, with the shot clock off, and potentially missing and giving it back to the other team (which we saw) or even making it, and leaving the other team more than enough time to get a good shot.

It's kinda hard to take Woodson seriously when he says some unbelievably dumb **** like this. It's almost like....he REALLY is a stupid as he looks on the sidelines.

:agreed: 100% .. It's kinda hard to take Woodson seriously when he says some unbelievably dumb **** like this.
:smokin::gony: :smokin: