Proof our coach is clueless (In Woody's own words)

mafra

Legend
Read this blurb that was in NY Post today:

"Despite Smith’s ice-cold shooting, Woodson stuck with him to the bitter end. Woodson said Smith made the lower-percentage play but added a caveat.

“Yeah I was surprised [J.R. took the shot],’’ Woodson said. “Had he made it, we wouldn’t be having this conversation. We probably should’ve held it for the last shot and try to win it that way. But hey had he made it, I wouldn’t be saying what I’m saying now. [But] we weren’t smart coming down the home stretch.’’

Chandler said the Smith snafu was “a learning experience.’’

“It’s easy to say now, but it’s a learning experience,’’ Chandler said. “Because you wait for the last shot to win the game or you go to overtime.’ "

Do we need more proof that our coach is an idiot, and it is he who is responsible for unleashing the JR Kraken on us fans, ruining our season. After all, only an idiot would stake his livelihood on JR.

Smith is right, betrayal comes from those close to you. Why JR why? Why shoot the rock?

And, no coach, under no circumstance was that the (even somewhat) correct decision. These words from Woody just further empowers JR to hoist it again.

Fire at will solider.

You play to win or OT. When is it ever best to settle for the first, low % look you get, with game tied and the shot clock turned off in the fourth quarter?

And. Coach, you should understand the situation. You said so yourself, and how right you are. So what was the situation last night? Your SG was 3-11 on the night shooting the ball, including 1-7 from downtown. He is ice cold and has been all season long. You have a legit superstar max player on the floor in Melo. So... No way would we say that was a good shot had he made it.

It was and always will be a selfish and foolish decision.

Unfortunately it will happen again and again and again... What else would this aforementioned statement imply?

Last edited:

CoolClyde

Do we need more proof that our coach is an idiot, and it is he who is responsible for unleashing the JR Kraken on us fans, ruining our season. After all, only an idiot would stake his livelihood on JR.

the JR Kraken moniker earns you a CC rep point

Paul1355

All Star
Woodson does not hold JR accountable, this is one of the reasons why we have had a terrible season. Woodson's lack of accountability is killing this team. Where was the coach that said he would hold players accountable after Dantoni was fired? Woodson has settled with his players and is trying to let them coach themselves, that is not coaching. If we wanted a players coach we would have kept Dantoni, that formula doesnt work in the NBA.

Woodson should be gone before we decide to blow up the team.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Woodson should have been fired several weeks ago, this just takes the cake. Instead, I see one of our young guys getting traded instead while Woodson and J.R.'s reign continues. This is DISGUSTING. Woodson's horrible, HORRIBLE coaching, J.R. Smith, and the signing of Chris Smith (shocking they cut him) is a f***ing JOKE. Dolan and Woodson should be GONE.

bigapple

Starter
i already told on my own thread Woodson equals JR wrong decision wrong time

not a mention he was 4-21 but he is keeping STAT way longer.

For luck Felton time table to return still unknown

i am pretty sure that when Felton will b back he will be moved to S5 with JR again.

Uncle Robo

Benchwarmer
Yep, Woody keeps saying Knicks gotta figure out how to win at the end of games.
Good coaches already know how, it's the coach's job to get players the game plan and have them execute.
But Woody is still trying to figure it out...as if it will magically come to him some day.

bigapple

Starter
right now Knicks need Pablo their duo Murry Udrih is working with TH addition but to less time instead Woodson is puttin mr brick JR and keeping him 3/4 game time.

i am just w8ing for 15th Jan to read somewhere in board who will get him

metrocard

Legend
Woodson's Foolery

enables

J.R.'s Buffoonery

drives

Us Fans Loonery

so blow

This Team Up Soonery

HouseSadNod.gif

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
NO ******* WAY

Mike Woodson blamed Beno for JR's mistake!!!!!

Frank Isola @FisolaNYDN Follow
Woodson said J.R. was "wide open. The bottom line is you look at his shot but did Beno have to throw him the ball? You gotta look at that"

I cannot believe this coach lmao

bigapple

Starter
1st i wana JR leave this team then we will see how this team react

15 jan is date that JR can b traded.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Woodson treats JR like he has pics of them doing coke off of a strippers ass together.

It can't be anything less than that. Can it....?

mafra

Legend
I was at the game last night... I give credit to Woody for the quick timeout in the first quarter, with Knicks failing behind 10-4 or something. Our offense was pathetic (3 turnover and 3 bricks in their first 7 possessions, or something). Perhaps that was helping the Mavs on offense... But this is what a coach does. BREAKS THE OTHER TEAM'S momentum.

With TC out, and Shump sick and Melo not 100% (disappeared after brilliant 1st Q), and getting nada from our guards... Last night was all about Martin and Woody.

tiger0330

Legend
NO ******* WAY

Mike Woodson blamed Beno for JR's mistake!!!!!

Frank Isola @FisolaNYDN Follow
Woodson said J.R. was "wide open. The bottom line is you look at his shot but did Beno have to throw him the ball? You gotta look at that"

I cannot believe this coach lmao
To an extent I have to agree with Woody, Beno is the PG with all that experience why is he passing the ball when you just got a fresh 24 seconds? Tell you what, that no foul on Beal in the Wiz game and passing the ball to JR tells you Beno is not the sharpest pencil around.

Kiyaman

Legend
I was at the game last night... I give credit to Woody for the quick timeout in the first quarter, with Knicks failing behind 10-4 or something. Our offense was pathetic (3 turnover and 3 bricks in their first 7 possessions, or something). Perhaps that was helping the Mavs on offense... But this is what a coach does. BREAKS THE OTHER TEAM'S momentum.

With TC out, and Shump sick and Melo not 100% (disappeared after brilliant 1st Q), and getting nada from our guards... Last night was all about Martin and Woody.

:agreed: Yeah, this game was all K-Mart .. Shump's energy controllin the momentum in the 4th qtr. for the win was the icing on K-Mart's cake.

Woodson calling a time-out when we needed a time-out .. is a 1 out of the 100 times he didnt call a time-out when we really need it.

Kiyaman

Legend
To an extent I have to agree with Woody, Beno is the PG with all that experience why is he passing the ball when you just got a fresh 24 seconds? Tell you what, that no foul on Beal in the Wiz game and passing the ball to JR tells you Beno is not the sharpest pencil around.

Funny Funny Funny .. Tyson gets an offensive-rebound, throws it to Beno on the side, and Beno throws it to JR at the top of the key, JR supose to throw it to Melo .... Wheres Melo? Melo always want the ball. Or did Melo give JR the nod to take the shot...

What happen in the final 17 seconds to tie or win the game???